DoobieDuck's Macro Cannabis Images

• Thread starter DoobieDuck
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DoobieDuck

DoobieDuck

Premium Member
Supporter
I want to share more macros with you, the first is an image I withdrew from our photo contest for personal reason, hard to explain friends, Apollo Purps
..a variety by Devil Weed Seed,..peace..DD
10 11 2014 purp lt 1600 M C W

10 11 2014 purps LT 1575 1599 M C W
10 11 2014 Purps LT 1600 1624 M C W
Purps Dark 861 close M C W
Purps light 14 43 M C W

DoobieDuck

DoobieDuck

Premium Member
Supporter
Cappy thanks for asking, it is nothing special, but heavy legs, some $100 brand. I'm not at all happy with it, not nearly steady enough most of the time for these pics. They take absolutely NO shake what-so-ever. I'm using a remote release and mirror lock-up as well. I can't find a tripod that works for these. I know they look good but my tripod sucks.
So much magnification used here, more microscopic than macro, that on my wood floor I when sitting in a chair next to the camera I can see my heartbeat in the viewfinder. I either get up and walk 15 feet away to close the shutter or use a timer. A cement floor would be ideal.
A short legs 18" table top would be good, i've tried those, but then you have the table movement. It's hard to explain just how critical it is to be steady, when my stereo is crankin a little too loud you can see its pulse in the viewfinder.

A variety from MDavis, maybe some of you that know him could send him this way, Blueberry X Chronic.. Peace..DD

10 24 14 Blue Chronic 3746 3757 C W
10 24 14 Blue x Chronic 3758 3779 C W
10 24 14 Blue x Chronic 3780 3794 C W
10 24 14 Blue x Chronic 3795 3841 C W
10 25 14 Blue x Chronic 3918 3948 C W

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I want to share more macros with you, the first is an image I withdrew from our photo contest for personal reason, hard to explain friends, Apollo Purps
..a variety by Devil Weed Seed,..peace..DD
View attachment 480478
View attachment 480479 View attachment 480480 View attachment 480481 View attachment 480482
Holy shit, once you master stacking...? Watch OUT! Here he comes!
Amazing photos DD. They look like creatures from a coral reef.. Thanks for sharing.
They do, don't they? They remind me of gorgonians.

nations maze

nations maze

Wow the QUEEN of plants in all her majesty.....just like a perfect sunset.....that unforgettable kiss....that special moment with ones u love!!!!! Amazing pics doobie!!!!!! Thanks

DoobieDuck

DoobieDuck

Premium Member
Supporter
@GrowGod thanks for asking, Helicon. Stacking has a steep learning curve I think, at least it's steep for this old man. I'll do some really nice shots one day and return to shoot 200 of worthless ones the next afternoon, very inconsistant right now.
Don't forget I've spent 20 years trying to get the images I desire, still a tad bit to go. I've used extension tubes, many different lenses, reversing lenses gave me some of my best results up till now.

I've never agreed with "the equipment" is what makes my images as I've always had mid-priced used stuff off eBay, even the lens I'm using in these was purchased there. But the rail and software, yes, those help make this possible, the old man had to get with the program even as stubborn as he is. Still lighting, focus, perseverance, many other things go into my work. And yes @Seamaiden I do think they will improve and improve.

I'd like to thank you all for posting, even more would like to answer each of you, but I think you'd rather see more images..peace.DD

Old Moonshine F3 by me..
IMG 0613 OMF3 W
IMG 0617 OMF3 W
IMG 0621 OMF3 W
IMG 0622 OMF3 W

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
For people who want to play around with stacking macros, but don't want to pay for a program, try GIMP. It has a stacking feature and plenty of opensource (aka free) information out there.

Just incredible, Doobie. The phrase "sugar plums danced in her head" keeps coming to mind.
Cappy thanks for asking, it is nothing special, but heavy legs, some $100 brand. I'm not at all happy with it, not nearly steady enough most of the time for these pics. They take absolutely NO shake what-so-ever. I'm using a remote release and mirror lock-up as well. I can't find a tripod that works for these. I know they look good but my tripod sucks.
So much magnification used here, more microscopic than macro, that on my wood floor I when sitting in a chair next to the camera I can see my heartbeat in the viewfinder. I either get up and walk 15 feet away to close the shutter or use a timer. A cement floor would be ideal.
A short legs 18" table top would be good, i've tried those, but then you have the table movement. It's hard to explain just how critical it is to be steady, when my stereo is crankin a little too loud you can see its pulse in the viewfinder.

A variety from MDavis, maybe some of you that know him could send him this way, Blueberry X Chronic.. Peace..DD

View attachment 480694 View attachment 480695 View attachment 480696 View attachment 480697 View attachment 480698
Doobie, try using something to dampen the movement. A rug (like those super cushy bathroom rugs), or a yoga mat for example. Hell, maybe even just setting the pod on sponges might be helpful in reducing the shake.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
@DoobieDuck I just bought a sick macro lens for my canon. The MP-E 65. Macro is so tight. Some of the dullest things look absolutely phenomenal up close. Insects are the best. I have a picture of a met fly that is so trippy.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
@DoobieDuck I just bought a sick macro lens for my canon. The MP-E 65. Macro is so tight. Some of the dullest things look absolutely phenomenal up close. Insects are the best. I have a picture of a met fly that is so trippy.
<gasp> Jelly! Damn. That's some nice glass.

DoobieDuck

DoobieDuck

Premium Member
Supporter
Cappy congrats on the MPE, yyou'll have so much fun with it. It's great for insects and other tings as well. I can't wait to see your images friend. Seamaiden sugar plums..yup, all sorts of things come to mind. i'm writing a story for a mag right now that mentions what all one sees thru the viewfinder. It will be in Skunk and soon I think, Ill keep you in the loop. What a Doobie post with no image..unheard of! "Other things" you say Doob...this is fresh bubble on a screen a few days ago. I've been trying my hardest to get rid of some of the leaf etc in the bubble so it is a little cleaner, I'll get there. No fresh resins on buds right now only sprouts so I'm experimenting..peace..DD.
5533 5572 W

shemshemet

shemshemet

Doobie-

Been trying to get into macro for a little while now. I dont have a DSLR, but I do have a mediocre 35mm SLR Ricoh or something. No good lenses for it though.

Found that I also have a nice canon 35mm but it needs to be fixed up.

I can only assume it would be outrageously tedious to use film for pics like these, but also can't get it out of my head you can get some absolutely killer fucking shots on film.

And I don't know nearly enough about photography, but what about on medium format or large format film...I think it would be insane[ly difficult].

But really......wonderful fucking shots man.

OrganicGanja

OrganicGanja

Amazing work my friend. Totally in love with the Apallo Purps shots keep it comin.

Latest posts

Top Bottom