Dosage Confusion

• Thread starter Med67
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Med67

Just starting into edibles to be careful. Had a very intense uncomfortable experience in my teens years ago (way too high) which I do not want to repeat. So I want to make cookies where the per cookie THC level is around 2.5 mg. All of the recipe's I find on line are far too strong. The recipe calls for 1 lb. (16 ounces) of butter; I will use Ghee. I am trying to figure out the correct amount of cannabis flower to infuse the butter with. I am using Hemp Flower with a THCa of 25%; small secondary amounts of CBD. Would love to enjoy it this time. Will be using the Ongrok Mini infuser to infuse the Ghee if that matters at all. Can anyone assist.

Z

Zill

Med,

Please check my numbers…

For dosing purposes there are ~96 teaspoons in one pound of stuff, Ghee. I’m thinking 1 teaspoon/dose. 2.5mg/teaspoon in 96 teaspoons in one pound of Ghee requires a total of 250mg THC (I rounded up to an even 100). At 25%THC you need to extract 1kg of weed.

Zill.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
That sounds pretty strong! Google, how to calculate THC Doses for homemade edibles!

Last edited:
BB22

BB22

I just did 1 lb butter 1 ounce weed simmered about 6 hours. Good buzz.
I’ll use more weed next time ✌️

I can’t speak on exact numbers, THC content, because I don’t have any. Its just weed I bought black market.

Good luck

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
I just did 1 lb butter 1 ounce weed simmered about 6 hours. Good buzz.
I’ll use more weed next time ✌️

I can’t speak on exact numbers, THC content, because I don’t have any. Its just weed I bought black market.

Good luck
Sounds about right! A kilo per pound might come out a little harrowing! L O L! Yeah, more weed or better weed! Are use 1 ounce of good bud per pound and it comes out pretty strong. About the same cook time! But I don’t know what the hell Ghee is, and the only machine I use is a crockpot! And an oven to decarb it.

Z

Zill

Thanks Chucky! I thought that sounded potent. In fact, I was off one order.

Shit.

Med,
Ignore that first post. You need to extract 100gms of weed @ 25% THC into one pound or 100 teaspoons (dose) of Ghee. Pretty sure that’s roughly 2.5mg/dose.

Zill.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
That sounds better! L O L! Or make it stronger and eat less, and make it less often! You’ll figure it out! It won’t kill you!😆 2.5 mg per dose is pretty weak! I’d have to take 30 doses! L O L!

Z

Zill

A commercial thc seltzer contains ~4mg. The buzz is akin to a one can of Budweiser.

M

Med67

Thanks guys, good advice to avoid the Kilo, not sure where to get that much anyways :)

Top Bottom