Dosatron irrigation strategy during flower

• Thread starter EmpireGardens401
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
E

EmpireGardens401

Hey guys, first time post... I have a fairly small space, 11x15, with 2 4x12 tables, 6 Growers Choice 680s and a Dosatron system. Sealed room, co2. I'm about to start week 2 of flower and I'm still very confused about if I should be dosing to runoff... 3 decent feeds a day or 10 small feeds per day. Any advice anyone can provide is welcome and I appreciate everyone's time. Temp is 83 when lights are on, 78-80 when lights are off. RH has been about 60%

Dosatron irrigation strategy during flower
Dosatron irrigation strategy during flower 2
E

EmpireGardens401

I’m pretty sure in the growers handbook, that wouldn’t be defined as a fairly small space. 😹😻

your plants look great, your saying you never water to runoff? What container size? Coco/perlite?
Hahaha I suppose you're right. My friend is a cultivator and also has several personal spaces much larger so I guess what I'd consider "small" isnt by definition. Anyway I'm growing in 3g pots, coco/perlite mix (bioblend) and I do typically water to runoff but I've heard mixed things about dosing and building ec in the medium by not watering until runoff so I was hoping to get an idea as to whether or not I'm doing it right and if anyone had advice. I'm gonna also post a picture of my feeding schedule below. Lights are on 5pm-5am

Screenshot 20220312 152239
Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
I’m sure you will figure what strategy works best,
3 gal coco/per can hold significant moisture to water once per day and still keep it perfectly moistened in my experience.
You ever try 1 gal pots? With your system of watering you would probably see similar results with less cost, and more plants in the trays. Sorry. Was seeing how many times I could use the word “moist”.

Last edited:
E

EmpireGardens401

I’m sure you will figure what strategy works best,
3 gal coco/per can hold significant moisture to water once per day and still keep it perfectly moistened in my experience.
You ever try 1 gal pots? With your system of watering you would probably see similar results with less cost, and more plants in the trays. Sorry. Was seeing how many times I could use the word “moist”.
Haha. Yeah I'd love to go with more plants, I wanted 96 in 1g pots, 1 per square foot, but the state I am in I can only legally grow 24 plants so I've been trying to obide by local laws

Madmax

Madmax

Thats one small room to die for brother..im jelly asf 😃.sorry cant help with dosing but i hand water only 3litres a day into flower with good runoff in 4 gals last 3 grows with no problems at all with salt buildup etc and i even added more chunky perlite to 70/30 .hell im only watering 2 litres at start of flower but will increase to 3 very soon..

mango420

mango420

Nice clean setup man. The 3 gals are a bit big and hold a fair amount of moisture. The tough part with pots that size is to get in multiple feeds a day but also get a decent dry back. I would stick with 2-3 feeds a day, but if your not getting a half decent dry back at least overnight you will prolong your flowering and increase stretch in the first 3-4 weeks.

E

EmpireGardens401

Nice clean setup man. The 3 gals are a bit big and hold a fair amount of moisture. The tough part with pots that size is to get in multiple feeds a day but also get a decent dry back. I would stick with 2-3 feeds a day, but if your not getting a half decent dry back at least overnight you will prolong your flowering and increase stretch in the first 3-4 weeks.
Thank you, I appreciate the compliment and the feedback 💪 I'm gonna go with 1g pots on the next run

mango420

mango420

I would give 2 gal air pots a try. I used 2 gals for a few years now but wanted to go down a bit to get some more dry backs and feeds in. 1 gals just seemed too small so I’m using 2 gals now with about 1.5 gal of coco in each, we’ll see how it goes.

3AF16D39 0746 4376 9078 65CDCAA3AA6D
A712686C F94D 44EA 9EE1 E5CDB95F5032
E

EmpireGardens401

I would give 2 gal air pots a try. I used 2 gals for a few years now but wanted to go down a bit to get some more dry backs and feeds in. 1 gals just seemed too small so I’m using 2 gals now with about 1.5 gal of coco in each, we’ll see how it goes.
Nice. Setup looks great. Yeah, I wanted to go with 96 plants in 1g pots, 1 plant per square foot and just flip them super early but local laws didn't allow me to. I didn't do 1g pots because I agree, they're too small, especially when I had a cap of 24 plants. I can give 2g a shot, I appreciate the feedback

Top Bottom