Dose anyone grow fruit n veg in your back yards .

• Thread starter One drop
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
growsince79

growsince79

Just bought 18 Tomato plants. Probably plant this weekend

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
I grow African violets and cacti.

i plant a few things in a garden, and i have a nice herb garden.

my mother is 90 and had a violet that was almost dead because she isnt able to tend it. i know nothing about violets, but i took it home and am trying to revive it. more sentimental than practical

any good resources you know of - id appreciate a link! or any tricks or hints. i cut it back to what was alive, and repotted. it is almost the right shade of green now! it was very pale almost dead looking.

20210407 232056
Flexnerb

Flexnerb

my mother is 90 and had a violet that was almost dead because she isnt able to tend it. i know nothing about violets, but i took it home and am trying to revive it. more sentimental than practical

any good resources you know of - id appreciate a link! or any tricks or hints. i cut it back to what was alive, and repotted. it is almost the right shade of green now! it was very pale almost dead looking.
They have african violet specialized feed. I think they like an acid soil with light waterings. Google it...my grandmother had one for a very long time. I think 20 years...but dont quote me on that. I know 15 for sure....

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Ducks loving there new area will make a small fruit n nut orchard in here as well Armonds are well suited for a small back yard grow nuts for proteins .

20210410 073319
chemistry

chemistry

Keep the soil moist, but not wet, or they go yellow and rot, most general house plant foods are adequate in flower, go steady when they're not.

oLd1

oLd1

Grow in Front and Back Yard and have Chickens.

Use to have a Farm raised lots of stuff. Now have 3 1/2 Acres 7 miles from town. 3 Miles from State Trout Park.

old1

TSD

TSD

They are picky and easy to kill... my mom used to say they like to be watered from the bottom in a saucer.🤷‍♀️

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Grow in Front and Back Yard and have Chickens.

Use to have a Farm raised lots of stuff. Now have 3 1/2 Acres 7 miles from town. 3 Miles from State Trout Park.

old1
Hi welcome to the back yard mate let's see some pics of what your doing do be shy at all there's some nice people that pass by the back gate always open for a chat . Od

Harvard

Harvard

Honey crisp, enterprise, snow apple, Bartlett, Seckel, Bosc pear, new haven peach, black sweet cherry, and a pie cherry. Also about 30 crab apple trees for the wild life.
D29D505C C054 4363 9235 0902D8A2EAA5
E78361C4 2BCB 42E4 912A CAD6C8DF5BA5
F9B6DE9A C2CB 4117 BC64 98C9ED6EF6D3
D2D1772F E6AD 4D32 B8B1 46AA0CCC5482

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
I’ll try and post some pics from my 25 acre farm. Have a little bit of everything.
Sounds great I moved of my farm which is growing coffee my younger brother runs it I chose to come far south I like the cold so I've made a little farm garden in my back yard you can take the boy from the farm but not the farm from the boy .

mashy

mashy

Ducks loving there new area will make a small fruit n nut orchard in here as well Armonds are well suited for a small back yard grow nuts for proteins .
Yeah od, I think a lot of people overlook nuts or think they are too hard. Hope it goes well, you will be set for protein with all your nuts and eggs 💪.
I'm putting in a couple of macadamia trees next spring. Yes in Victoria, and no I'm not crazy. Two neighbours have them and they are happy and produce heavily. I think we are in a lucky spot for them - sandy soil, north facing slopes and very few frosts.

Cypress66

Cypress66

Yeah od, I think a lot of people overlook nuts or think they are too hard. Hope it goes well, you will be set for protein with all your nuts and eggs 💪.
I'm putting in a couple of macadamia trees next spring. Yes in Victoria, and no I'm not crazy. Two neighbours have them and they are happy and produce heavily. I think we are in a lucky spot for them - sandy soil, north facing slopes and very few frosts.
Greetings od mashy all you guys are really making me want to get a garden very impressed with the pictures on here must be a great way to relax and enjoy the produce of your work was thinking of growing some chill plants on my balcony maybe with some other things do you use your cannabis nutes when you feed?

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Greetings od mashy all you guys are really making me want to get a garden very impressed with the pictures on here must be a great way to relax and enjoy the produce of your work was thinking of growing some chill plants on my balcony maybe with some other things do you use your cannabis nutes when you feed?
No mate in strictly organic in my veggies n fruit my chooks n I make compost year round which is delivered to my beds I use rain water ive collected in my 2 x 1000 lt tanks I have installed I use 90 % my own seed and buy open pollinated seeds from an organic grower further south of me to bluster my seed banks . My next project is aqua gardening using fish in tanks under my chook coop eating there poo to turn it into an even better poo 💩 my wife calls me the king preper , my house is set up on my block very solar passive and has the biggest area in this neighbourhood I have an extra 100 square meters which is why I baught this little burb house my Farden as I call it feeds me every day I have water to drink constantly I’m a very simple man with little ambition but to eat n live as clean and be happy in life I bet you will be able to make a container garden for sure on your balcony . What’s you sun out look how many hrs to you get per day average ?

Top Bottom