Dose anyone grow fruit n veg in your back yards .

• Thread starter One drop
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
I grow African violets and cacti.
i plant a few things in a garden, and i have a nice herb garden.

my mother is 90 and had a violet that was almost dead because she isnt able to tend it. i know nothing about violets, but i took it home and am trying to revive it. more sentimental than practical

any good resources you know of - id appreciate a link! or any tricks or hints. i cut it back to what was alive, and repotted. it is almost the right shade of green now! it was very pale almost dead looking.

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

my mother is 90 and had a violet that was almost dead because she isnt able to tend it. i know nothing about violets, but i took it home and am trying to revive it. more sentimental than practical

any good resources you know of - id appreciate a link! or any tricks or hints. i cut it back to what was alive, and repotted. it is almost the right shade of green now! it was very pale almost dead looking.
They have african violet specialized feed. I think they like an acid soil with light waterings. Google it...my grandmother had one for a very long time. I think 20 years...but dont quote me on that. I know 15 for sure....

chemistry

chemistry

Keep the soil moist, but not wet, or they go yellow and rot, most general house plant foods are adequate in flower, go steady when they're not.

Top Bottom