Double boiler on griddle

• Thread starter THCCBD420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

THCCBD420

What temp and how long would I need to keep my Pyrex in water on the griddle before I drop it into the vac. It's a low cost black and decker griddle I'll be per oiling my h2o

shawnskush

shawnskush

I try to keep it under 100 degrees until reactions slows to barely visible then into the chamber it goes FWIW

T

THCCBD420

This new griddle is looking like it has a lowest surface temp of 100.1 can I just put my pyres rigt onto that or should I still use a water bath. And what's the difference between making shatter from budder and making it from the start with low heat long purge? Bc I may run the tane tonight and run the vac pure when my chamber gets here in a couple days. This new robinair 3cfm pump is so quiet I can easily run it in the next room without any disturbance.

Graywolf

Graywolf

This new griddle is looking like it has a lowest surface temp of 100.1 can I just put my pyres rigt onto that or should I still use a water bath. And what's the difference between making shatter from budder and making it from the start with low heat long purge? Bc I may run the tane tonight and run the vac pure when my chamber gets here in a couple days. This new robinair 3cfm pump is so quiet I can easily run it in the next room without any disturbance.

I would use water or sand to eliminate hot spots.

Never made shatter from budder, but ostensibly if you heat it up in a thin film, it will return to shatter state if it is still capable of doing so.

Top Bottom