Double ended Hood vs Reg HPS

• Thread starter OGReggieBUSH777
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
OGReggieBUSH777

OGReggieBUSH777

Is double ended bulbs cooler then regular bulbs... I have 4 block buster 6s with 4 ushio 1000 watt hps blubs and they are hot as SHIT I always have ran Hortilux in the past and they get warm but is it just me, my ventilation or the summer I cant wait for COLD WEATHER NO MORE AC... If you have DE or are running double eneded please let me kno

S

Seed Buyer

The DE lamps are going to run hotter. You are also going to want to keep them a minimum of 30"-36" from the canopy due to the extreme light output. With the Gavitas you are gonna want to have 9' ceilings. The AC/DE air cool-able from Sun Light would be better for residential settings with 8' ceilings.

OGReggieBUSH777

OGReggieBUSH777

@Seed Buyer thanks for the info and i have 8ft basement ceiling in a 12x 15 room and rocking the Agrotech Magnum Double Ended Hoods 4... Cant wait till it cools down here in MI and i can pull in fresh clean air to cool my room with a 8in tornado blower fan and a 14000 BUT stand up AC

MedicineFarm

MedicineFarm

Photo 3 5
Photo 1 9

MedicineFarm

MedicineFarm

here is an idea to cool multiple reflectors with one fan and no "leap frogging" so you don't dump hot air from one reflector to the next. i have four separate fresh air intakes that feed into one 8" rigid main duct that "t's" up to the attic. these four lights are cooled by one 8" max fan that sits up in the attic pulling air through all of em. 81 degree temps in the summer with no a/c, hope this helps homie.

S

Seed Buyer

Sweet idea. But how do you make sure all the air is being evenly distributed through out the four hoods. Seems like most the air would take the path of least resistance, in this case the closest hood opening. I still prefer to run a closed loop room with open hoods and ac. More light to the canopy and easy to set rooms up. Between the homemade drip rings, air cooled ducting rig and hand made table stands you appear to be very handy.

OGReggieBUSH777

OGReggieBUSH777

here is an idea to cool multiple reflectors with one fan and no "leap frogging" so you don't dump hot air from one reflector to the next. i have four separate fresh air intakes that feed into one 8" rigid main duct that "t's" up to the attic. these four lights are cooled by one 8" max fan that sits up in the attic pulling air through all of em. 81 degree temps in the summer with no a/c, hope this helps homie.
bro i have to get more efficient but this setup is sweet as hell thanks for the reply

MedicineFarm

MedicineFarm

Sweet idea. But how do you make sure all the air is being evenly distributed through out the four hoods. Seems like most the air would take the path of least resistance, in this case the closest hood opening. I still prefer to run a closed loop room with open hoods and ac. More light to the canopy and easy to set rooms up. Between the homemade drip rings, air cooled ducting rig and hand made table stands you appear to be very handy.
the end caps are sealed, this pressurizes the system, the "t" is centrally located as well, the max fan has a ton of pull and a fairly high ccm rating so if the reflectors are the same make and model the air is evenly distributed.each reflector has its own fresh air intake in this case everything is about the same length or distance. another thing to consider when i thought of this is that with a large hood that is properly cooled you can't beat the energy levels that can be reached because now you can get em closer to the canopy with no burn. open set ups have to be much further away to avoid burn good for larger areas i imagine. this a good way to put a lot of light into your canopy.

MedicineFarm

MedicineFarm

bro i have to get more efficient but this setup is sweet as hell thanks for the reply
anything i can do to help my friend,this is way cheaper than spending a grip on an a/c. I've never run one. i know this may not be ideal for someplace like texas, but outside highs reach mid 90's around here and the room maxes out at 81.

MedicineFarm

MedicineFarm

i don't normally let em stretch like this but in this case no big deal and no burn still...
Photo

OGReggieBUSH777

OGReggieBUSH777

a 16k setup is stupid crazy i wouldnt know what to do with my self

Top Bottom