Double Purple Doja & Ice Cream beat all odds.

• Thread starter Mr.Smotpoker
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Mr.Smotpoker

So about a year or so ago I started with a few clones of TGA's Double Purple Doja and Ice Cream. I just read my first thread on this website and I knew nothing back then. I started with about 6 clones I think? I had a few compact fluros. Some Jiffy soil from the grocery store. And the worst part is I was feeding with sweet, a carbo loader. Thats not nutes..

Needless to say I had some countless hours of research coming my way if I wanted to be successful. I had my basics covered. My converted bedroom closet was awesome. About a month or so into my grow, maybe even longer, I got a 4' 2 bulb H/O T-5 and the 10k spectrum lights for super veg. compaired to 7500. This is when I started learning about lumens. The 4' gave me about 5k lumens per bulb.. 10k total. I also got the Botanicare Pure Blend Pro Grow soil and some happy frog soil. The girls fall in love. They all start to thrive and fill out. Nice deep, rich colors. My biggest one is about 18'' or so and the others not to far behind.

One hot day I had he closet door open so the a/c would cool off the grow. BAD IDEA. One of the cats, sneaky cats, got passed me when I left the room and had a nice snack in my garden. This set me back.

A few months pass. I'm still a greenhorn. Ive been vegging these clones for like 5 months now. I get the Botanicare Pure Blend Pro Bloom. And the 4' Bulbs. I get about 2 weeks and a few days into my first harvest.
My at the time girlfriend has become jealous.." you love those plants more than me". I've been hearing this for weeks now. Mind you this chick has blown rent on a bag before, more than once! And this is gonna be free weed....
LONG STORY SHORT..
She snapped all my girls in half, straight up ran through my closet like hurricane katrina. Stormed out of the house threating to call the cops. I had my closet back to normal in less than 15 mins. and what was left of my plants in the bottom of my compost pile out side.

Days past. I had given up on my dreams of being a cultivator. Planned on selling off the equipment. Then my mom. She says see if you can take some cuttings. The only reason I had never done this before was lack of knowlege and fear of going out of my rutien. I saved these strains! I took 20 cuttings off a plant 2/3 weeks into flower that i buried for a couple days. I get 12 with roots. No hormones. just water. and i kept them in a huge bucket with seran wrap to keep in the humidity. By the way thats the trick for clones. Humidity while they establish roots.

I have no clue who is who now. i restart my veg. Im so into cloning...I got it down. i was giving em away by the dozen just so i could get familiar with it and it was part of my rutien.

When the Girlfriend moved out she gave me a cabinate. I turned this in to my veg/ clone area and had the closet. My plans change into a perpetual garden. Every two weeks I add plants to the closet. Im up to six in the closet and like 20 in the cab.

We decide to move. I get a great advantage now. a few months into the new grow ROOM. I install a 400W HPS into the cab. got the 4' fluro over a work bench with veg.Now Im using GROtek for my bloom.

I plan on adding some old pics.. and some updated new pics.

*Tips* Some things Ive learned.

I ONLY use bottled water.
I then use the bottles for my clones.
Only mix nutes for what your gonna use at the time. Dont store mixed solutions. I made a conversion of what my nutes called for from gallon to liters. and use water bottles to feed.

More lumens=more pot.

less water more often is better than more water less often.

Fluros suck for budding.

M

Mr.Smotpoker

OH!

I forgot.. my newest project is seedlings.

RKS= realy killer skunk

Sour Cream- G-13 haze and Sour D

Sour Candy- sour d and bubble gum

Wembley- ak-47 and bubble gum

KCbrains MindBender- Mango and KC

All of them Fem.

M

Mr.Smotpoker

Sour Candy doesnt seem to want to take she is real small and evertime she gets a new set of leaves, an old one dies off.

M

Mr.Smotpoker

Sick candy

photo_9_5.JPG

M

Mr.Smotpoker

All the pics are with my phone, needed to get them up ASAP. I will get better pics of the flower cab. I promise. The 400w HPS is to bright for my phone.

M

Mr.Smotpoker

// You definitely nuked them.

Just one. every one else is fine.. whembley has a few dead leaves. but its sour candy im worried about, she wont thrive.. but wont die either. Debating on if i should clearex or not.

Top Bottom