Double seeds

• Thread starter nvthis
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

nvthis

I recently popped a pack of beans and out of 10, 3 pushed out two plants a piece. No shit. I have had 2 basic opinions about this. One is they will most likely be males, and if not, most definitely hermi. Two is some crazy assed potent phenos can be had from these seeds.

I want to make some seed from this pack, but really can't see encouraging this doudle seed shit. It's kind of funky.

One of the double seeds produced a plant that was nothing but a single cotlydon. No other growth came from it. The other plant from that same seed has all kind of crazy leaf growth like one would expect from 1 1/2 plants..

So I guess the question is what to do with these???

Flush 'em?

4u2sm0ke

4u2sm0ke

hey nvthis..that kinda crazy shit I dont have time to play with..I agrre that most have problems..i have had a couple do that. But I didnt look to see if there was double taps. Not sure if I helped ..but IMO..toss them..get that kinda shit from unstable beans as well. take care and be safe:passingjoint:

N

nvthis

I with you bro. I think harvesting a batch of beans that will run as close to 'normal' as I can get is the key... No sense in making more of these double beans if it can be helped.

C

connoisseur

hey nvthis.
grew out some jtr and had the same thing happen, 2 of 10 seeds gave 2plants pr seed. one of the plants died and the other one was splitt into two separat pLANTS.
had no problems with herm. but you should make a test cross and grow out the f1 hybrids to see how the trait carrys on to the next generation. if its bagseeds dont bother you will never know if there are any hermi traits-(if selfpollynated)in the mix.

N

nvthis

Yeah, all three of these separated on there own. I will let them go a bit on there own, but will not try to encourage this trait any further, unless they flower up into the shit.

Blaze

Blaze

I would not be too worried. Double seeds are not too uncommon with any plant; I see some every year with my veggie starts and every once in a while with my cannabis starts. Think of them as twins. It is basically the same idea - instead of one embryo forming, something happened that caused two to form. As far as I know this is not a trait that can be passed on to other generations and is not an indicator of hermaphroditism.

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
jtr seeds

i have grown approx. 40 jtr seeds and have gotten a two for 1 approx 20% of the time, once i got 3 for 1, usually 1 of the 2 will die, but i have had both live. i didn't notice anything different about these plants.

mal

Top Bottom