Double Tap Root

• Thread starter MitchyNugz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MitchyNugz

MitchyNugz

Whats up everyone i have a question im a lil curious about,i have cracked seeds in the past that have sprouted a double tap root but one will only sprout out of the two,now i had this happen recently with some qleaner beans,3 had double tap roots but only one has both sprouts growing healthy,has anyone seen this before,just wondering how it would carry over if used to breed with or would it make no difference,was just kinda curious to hear some opinions!!

00460.JPG

S

smokestack23

It's kind of hard to see but it almost looks like one is growing out of the other's stem. More like pinched than 2 separate stems.

But...so legally, is that one plant or two? What is the legal definition of a plant? does it have to have roots? Like Strawberries..you can start with one plant and then those sucker roots take off and start a new plant. Is that all one plant or multiples?
And in the bottom of say an ebb flow table..or just a big bed of soil..where all the roots from like a SOG are intertwined...do any actually fuse together?
Think you could legally argue in court that your SOG that looks like 100 plants is actually 4 with 25 "sites" each?

I dunno...just dreaming.

The point is that if that could be maintained in breeding and it only counts as one plant in the law's eyes....but again...it doesn't look THAT much different than a seedling that was pinched or topped.
Interesting discussion I'm having with myself though. :)

MitchyNugz

MitchyNugz

I like your opinion on it,good topic on weather they would count it as 2 plants or not,i know it looks dif ill get some closer shots but it is 100% another root coming out from seed,it has not been pinched or topped any way,3 of these seeds all had double roots,one out of each end,if u dig down u can see they both have there own root point,would be kinda cool if it was a trait u could breed on into another generation and get douuble heads from seedlings kinds like they come pre topped so u get two heads instead of one,who knows just wanted to see what u all thought thanks for the response brotha!!

Haze

Haze

Remembered I had taken some pics of the " double tap qleaner "
They arent the best pics but they might help a little bit.

douple_tap2.jpg
double_tap.jpg
double_tap3.jpg

Haze

S

smokestack23

Kinda like an underground SCROG. It's kinda hard to wrap my head around it. I wonder if it would be beneficial for keeping plant counts down...over just topping or training?

Prettyfuckin cool at any rate.

marski420

marski420

Yeah this is cool, I have only seen it a couple times.. Makes me think we could lock the gene down that makes it occur or something.

MitchyNugz

MitchyNugz

yah marski,just what i was wondering would be a cool trait to pass on,im gonna see weather its male or female and maybe try some breeding with it,see what the results might be,but im gonna keep it around for sure!

R

robz

Yeah this is cool, I have only seen it a couple times.. Makes me think we could lock the gene down that makes it occur or something.

That will happen eventullay I believe. Even Tri & Quatro tap roots. The plant just needs to be Genetically engineered a bit like the rest of our veggies & fruits. From a standpoint of a cop? He's going to count it as 2 plants I'm sure.

F

Farmer Jon

Premium Member
Supporter
WOW!!!! this MUST be a genetic trait of the Qleaner. I just popped 5 of them and 3 came up with double sprouts and 1 had three embryonic leafs....Hope there are no negative effects.

I wrote Subcool regarding this trait, and inquired as to weather or not this was something to be concerned over and got this response:

"On Fri, Feb 25, 2011 at 6:40 AM, Mobius Dank <[email protected]> wrote:
Very common in Cannabis is a spilt chrome its a bonus plant :)

Sub"

so I guess we will have to wait and see.
On a side note I do believe it could be counted as two separate plants (like twins).
FJ

MitchyNugz

MitchyNugz

Funny you say u got some too,cause i did some research and found a few posts on it and it was the qleaner strain,wonder if its something in its genetics,but im not worried i have always been overly impressed with subcool's gear,all top notch dank,his jtr is one of my favs and the deep purple im smoking right now cant get over the flavour so my props to subcool on having some great gear,and im looking forward to the qleaner and have some dairy queen on the way!

marski420

marski420

See but you could say every time you top/ LST you're way to double or tripple the harvest you normally would that you're producing extra plant thats not normal without training, and it will look the exact same as that, except its usually not as low on the plant obviously. Logically if a cop came in and seen it he would think it was just like the other ones cause its in its own pot and would have a ton of shoots covered in buds like the rest of the crop. I haven't made a conclusion on weather it legitly is two plants or not.. But I think I'm leaning towards saying its one due to the fact it probably shares the same root system, I'd think of it as the earliest top ever possible.. an amazing head start to starting from seed.

Top Bottom