• Thread starter doubleds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

doubleds

forknowledge

forknowledge

Hi there DD,
I have a question regarding res changes. I grow mini trees which sit in 30L tank (RDWC) with a tun outlet at the very bottom to for drain outs when it comes to res changes but even then theres always about a litre of nute solution remaining, so how do you go about it, I mean do you change out all of the nute solution I mean every drop or just drain as much as you can? Thanks DD.

forknowledge.

aleYarok

aleYarok

yeah i know to take the water level into account, when i tell people about my grow i tell them each plant is in ~15 gallons of water, not 27 gallon totes as that doesnt really tell them much... so i just kind of figured by 100gal you meant 100gal and not a 100gal res with 45 gallon. simple misunderstanding... i sometimes have trouble putting my thoughts into words.

holy shit 75 gal a day??? what am i doing wrong?
i have 5 plants and they only suck down like 75 gallon a week which i thought was a shit load. they are 3 1/2 ft tall and 4 ft - 4 2/3 ft wide. not sure of weight but its more than double my last run so im guessing they around 1.5-2lb each. humidity is at @50%
i usually dont top off my res, it rarely gets to low that i need to, by the end of the week its getting pretty low but im doing a res change so no need to top off when im just going to flush it right out.

Your not thinking properly my friend. First, you cant use the lid that comes with the 100 gallon res, to flimsy and collapses when plant gets to heavy. You have to use a lid mde out of plywood covered in plastic with the hole for your net pot. ok, you lose some net pot height right there. The 100 gallon res is 4ft x 4ft and 12 inches tall. I am not sure typing this what the height of a net pot is but lets say 8 inches, so we have res, 12 inches and plywood 1/2 inch gives us a total of 12.5 inches minus 8 inches for net pot. that leaves 4.5 inches plus an inch of water in the bottom of the net pot for a TOTAL of 5.5 inches of nutes in your 100 gallon res.... so approx 45 gallons of water total per 100 gallon res for each plant. Dude, 8 - 3 lb plants per 24 hour period use 75 gallons of water at week 4 of flower when humidity is at a steady 40%.

Huge lesson here guys, you have to have a main res that you can fill on fri and only have to top up small amounts of water and nutes before you change out the system the following fri.

hope this helps mate

dds

Giddeon

Giddeon

i have 5 plants and they only suck down like 75 gallon a week which i thought was a shit load. they are 3 1/2 ft tall and 4 ft - 4 2/3 ft wide. not sure of weight but its more than double my last run so im guessing they around 1.5-2lb each. humidity is at @50%
i usually dont top off my res, it rarely gets to low that i need to, by the end of the week its getting pretty low but im doing a res change so no need to top off when im just going to flush it right out.

My 6 plants are sucking up about 55 gallons a day w/humidity keeping at around 65%. Maybe your dark spots in you room are slowing your transpiration rate, I really don't know just an idea.

D

doubleds

Hi there DD,
I have a question regarding res changes. I grow mini trees which sit in 30L tank (RDWC) with a tun outlet at the very bottom to for drain outs when it comes to res changes but even then theres always about a litre of nute solution remaining, so how do you go about it, I mean do you change out all of the nute solution I mean every drop or just drain as much as you can? Thanks DD.

forknowledge.

mine dont completely drain either, leaves about 3/4 of an inch in the bottom.
the only time you would have a worry is if you get root rot. just keep your chiller set to 62 degrees and you'll never get it. pythium only grows above 67 degrees.

yeah i know to take the water level into account, when i tell people about my grow i tell them each plant is in ~15 gallons of water, not 27 gallon totes as that doesnt really tell them much... so i just kind of figured by 100gal you meant 100gal and not a 100gal res with 45 gallon. simple misunderstanding... i sometimes have trouble putting my thoughts into words.

this amount of nutes doesnt happen evertime to me but this grow, which is in the coldest 3 month stretch of the year means i can run about 10 more lights than normal. I panick everytime i see the res, normally when that much water is gone it means i have a leak somwhere... lol

dds

666elsie

dds,I guess that fixed dr GT from there adveting original G13...now it's Nevilles cut???

V

venix

Hi, new to these forums but I'm definitely pulling up a chair and watching this thread.

Good Luck man and thanks

G

gettogro

I read through this thread and I was wondering about the drip ring issue. Did you cut out the drip ring because it kept the stalk base too wet, Or did you ad back the drip ring? How did this effect yield previously?

Thanks for all the great information. I just harvested my first 2lb plant and looking for a 3 pounder next run.

Good luck reaching your goal

A

antimatter

DD are you saying that you have figured out how to get purple kushes to yield well that normally produce golf ball colas?

D

doubleds

I read through this thread and I was wondering about the drip ring issue. Did you cut out the drip ring because it kept the stalk base too wet, Or did you ad back the drip ring? How did this effect yield previously?

Thanks for all the great information. I just harvested my first 2lb plant and looking for a 3 pounder next run.

Good luck reaching your goal

I never used a drip ring, that was other people. I use drip stakes that are continuous flow. I add them the minute i plant into the mpb's running 24/7 until harvest. Its only really needed for the first 4 weeks after planting. Remember bro, unless rockwool is sitting directly in a puddle they CANT get to wet, they are designed this way.

DD are you saying that you have figured out how to get purple kushes to yield well that normally produce golf ball colas?

yes but i cant prove it to you until next test grow

dds

Giddeon

Giddeon

yes but i cant prove it to you until next test grow

dds

Do you feel this technique will carry over into strains such as Sour Desil, OG Kush, the Chem family, as well as crossed made from these? If so, that would be great! Might have to throw some Devine Genetics into the buckets and see how they preform. That Chem Romance just sounded like a good cross, I had to try it out.

D

doubleds

update 35 days finished

Hi all

5 weeks in the books with 5 or 6 to go. Without further adoo

IMG_1927.jpg

IMG_1928.jpg

IMG_1929.jpg

IMG_1923.jpg

IMG_1924.jpg

IMG_1925.jpg

IMG_1926.jpg

IMG_1922.jpg

IMG_1921.jpg

IMG_1919.jpg

IMG_1920.jpg

I am stoked, 5 or 6 weeks to go and i can already see that i am way farther ahead in these 50gallon res's than if i was using the 60l res. I smell victory in the air.

hope you like

dds

F

Farmer Jon

Premium Member
Supporter
FAT ASS LADIES ya got there DD. Amazing for 5 weeks, looking forward to the next update already.
FJ

M

massqwon

Premium Member
Supporter

....Nice man...they lookin mighty fat for another 6wks yet to go....they gonna go nuts. good job man...Qwon

I am stoked, 5 or 6 weeks to go and i can already see that i am way farther ahead in these 50gallon res's than if i was using the 60l res. I smell victory in the air.

dds

BOSSMAN88188

BOSSMAN88188

That's awesome.
I replaced one of my tubs with a 50 gallon drum on its side.
It holds about 50 gallons in the mini rez.

IMG00241 20110309 1253
D

doubleds

That's awesome.
I replaced one of my tubs with a 50 gallon drum on its side.
It holds about 50 gallons in the mini rez.

Hey bossman, hows you bro?

It would be nice if you could find a big square res bro, maximum stretch for the roots. I would love to see how you do in that barrell, the plant should be very wide and and skinny at the same time.

dds

Top Bottom