doubleds 10 lb plant/room test.

• Thread starter doubleds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

Lost

yeap. so 2ks where each x is.
i remember reading before DDs left for 6 months he was planning on a bigger tree grow and was thinking of stacking the 1ks one on top the other.

so if he is shooting for 7 footers would make sense to stack the 1ks to double the height of light.

Sorry my question was rhetorical to the poster :)

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Rippin Rick the remix! Oooh that's funky.

Makes me not wanna be old and single :D

Maybe dd is back at hedonism for an unwind.

-TF

C

crossouttheiis

If he is stacking them, I wonder what strain he is using then since stacking bulbs and his cut of g13 maxes out around 4 ft.

Giddeon

Giddeon

I,m with aleyarok...
I think he stacked them...
lol GREAT IDEA...
imho you can do 4 plant around 10 lights
x0x
0x0
x0x
0= plants
x= double stacked 1000k
:harvest:
o

double stack works good if your plants are over 4'
This 9 bulb set up would be 4' plant friendly. and use only 9k
take out the center orange 1k and each plant has 4 points of light off of 8k
..K......P......K..
......K......K......
..P......K......P..
......K......K......
..K......P......K..

I used this 11 bulb setup on my 4 plant setup allowing 5 points of light per plant with the 400 watt MH Blue for spectrum.
..K......P......K..
..P......K......P..
..K......P......K..

J

JerryCurl

aren't their double-stacked cool tubes?

Doe's the nutrient levels go higher with 10 pounders?

L

Lost

aren't their double-stacked cool tubes?

Doe's the nutrient levels go higher with 10 pounders?

1. Yes

2. No, but it will comsume more nutes, just not at a higher concentration level. I would guess ppm's will max out less than 1200.

C

CHEMLORD

DD's went on vacation again, but he said he would be back in a few days and sent this video of him on vacation...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlU6M-BPISc[/youtube]

hehhe :)

if only you could unsee things. I wish I had a roofie right now.

C

CHEMLORD

At any rate, highly anticipating the conclusion of Mr. DDs ripping and tearing adventure, can't wait to see what comes out of this. Makes me want to get my botanicare 115's out of storage.

M

MasterChief

Doubleds would you please inform me about how you train your plants, if possible I would like to know your pruning/bending/scrog technique and schedule.

For example I trim away everything at the bottom of my plants at the end of the 1st week, and then go through everything again at the end of the 3rd week. And usually start bending and training plants around the 4th week, but in my application I am doing organic soil. I am getting ready to take the plunge into hydro and would like to know as much as possible.

Also are you following your nutrient schedule that is posted in this forum for this crop too?

aleYarok

aleYarok

i believe all he does is train branches under tomato cages (homemade from 6x6" concrete wire is best) to form a christmas shape tree.
not sure if he prunes the larf/popcorn out but i know he doesnt trim fan leaves.

Giddeon

Giddeon

Doubleds would you please inform me about how you train your plants, if possible I would like to know your pruning/bending/scrog technique and schedule.

For example I trim away everything at the bottom of my plants at the end of the 1st week, and then go through everything again at the end of the 3rd week. And usually start bending and training plants around the 4th week, but in my application I am doing organic soil. I am getting ready to take the plunge into hydro and would like to know as much as possible.

Also are you following your nutrient schedule that is posted in this forum for this crop too?

I also would like an exact answer from DD's on his techniques in these areas. Since he wasn't around when I stared my MPB and everything I read said don't pluck leafs all the way to "Now is the time clen the shit out of them..." meaning trim up the underneath a bunch.

Well I did my own experimenting and find that for me any clean up of the undergrowth, and i'm talking any amount of trimming up, i did every thing from taking a baseball sized clump from the middle all the way up to about a basket ball sized chunk and in between. In every case I found that the trimmed up plants yielded at least a 1/4 Lb less. So no more trimming for me.

On to training and bending.... Just finished a crop that I did bend the plant out a bit on an inner tomato cage and this was my lowest yields in the MPB's. It seemed to stress out my plants so much that the node spacing almost doubled from normal growth and every plant had weak stems and even with an outer cage buds still had to be tied up that in the past wouldn't have even bent branches. Nutrient Schedule was the same as when I achieved 3.7 Lbs on a plant with 3 sides of light. So I wont do that again.

Now Im set on the Idea of let the plant grow no trimming, no bending. The system here is all about stress free conditions the entire life of the plant. Clone into a 6" cube so there is no transplant shock, Have the 6" cube transplanted into the system before it becomes root locked in the 6" cube to again avoid slowing of growth and then shock on transplant, then the sealed environment and all other aspects of your room should create a stress free place for your plants to flourish

N

NorcalTom

Good read Giddeon. I agree with the stress factor and after your girls have any stress they seem to have long term affects. I read in another DD forum that he said do not remove the leaves but I have yet to see anything about how he trains his plants. Some info would be great DD.

Thanks

L

Lost

Norcal tom, DD's didn't train other than the cages and pulling branches tru it, from what I recall.

N

NorcalTom

Lost your probably right, Ive read so much I get confused from time to time. Maybe DD will clearify?

O

organicfreak

I think I rember him stating he uses fence they use @ horse farmes.. not the rolls used to reinforce concrete..

imho they are dirty rusty and nasty,not to mention a motherfucker to opening it up and bending it..

so DD little more info on your cages woud be awsome size, stainless steel etc..

thanks
o

N

NorcalTom

http://i1122.invalid.com/albums/l533/tommybell209/Cattlepanels.jpg

OF The panels he uses are cattle panels and you can get them at any feed store or store that sells field fence/ barbed wire fence. I sell them out of my fence company. You might try any fence contractor in your area.

N

NorcalTom

I forgot to mention they are a 3/8" diameter rods welded together and they are galvinized steel. I making mine out of these. I didn't want to use that concrete wire because of the rust and they are not as strong as the cattle panels. The cattle panels come in various sizes (3',4' and 5'). The ones I buy are 16' long.

L

Lost

I have used the concrete reinforcement since dd's turned me on to it and I have never had one rust.. they sell at home depot or Lowes for about 10 bucks for n 8x4 sheet of it. Or the 100 foot roll..

Top Bottom