doubleds 10 lb plant/room test.

• Thread starter doubleds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

SME

kudo's on harvest and enjoy retirement God
I have been looking @ marine water holding tanks and I've found one that is 1/4" thick polysoplen F.D.A. approved BLACK 42"x42"x15" 120gal 325$ish ea..(but there tons of sizes to choose from lol make's them perfect for modular growing). like a 8' x 4' you could do 2 plants in 1...
There complety sealed and the manufacture will drill the 11.5ish hole needed to set the buckets in and a sealable 8" manhole
They will also thread all holes needed for fitting's..(perfect for all pvc type parts that we can all get somewhere)

I like them cause there sealed only place you lose any water is threw the bucket/hydrocorn. also there black/fda aproved and there's no PLYWOOD WRAPED IN PLASTIC. IMHO
Im also having them add threaded 1" holes in every corner so i can screw a threaded male x pvc smooth... and install/make a pvc trellis system that rises up on all 4 corners and connect to other side in middle and top and use that cattle fence wraped around the 4 cornes and straped tied together and down to the pvc...

I know this guy is gone now but does anyone know where he was getting these? I've been looking for something similar to these but I'm not having any luck so far.

SME

Mr.GoodCat

Mr.GoodCat

but Im not stupid enough to grow something worth more than gold in a system that can fail overnight.

You getting more the 1600 an oz. damn homie we need to talk, lmao ... where you at these days? hit me up ... we need to get up soon

S

SME

Does anyone know how much weight the lids on these MPB buckets must be able to hold for these giant trees? I know that with the roots in the water it's less than the whole plant but has anybody weighed one of these giant plants whole and wet?

Thanks...

Giddeon

Giddeon

Does anyone know how much weight the lids on these MPB buckets must be able to hold for these giant trees? I know that with the roots in the water it's less than the whole plant but has anybody weighed one of these giant plants whole and wet?

Thanks...

Your trees wet will weigh roughly 5-6x of your final dry weight. So could be anywhere from 10-25lbs of wet material. If you can push down on your lid with a bit of weight behind it you should be fine. Definitely want a stronger lid though that has no chance of failing.

S

SME

Your trees wet will weigh roughly 5-6x of your final dry weight. So could be anywhere from 10-25lbs of wet material. If you can push down on your lid with a bit of weight behind it you should be fine. Definitely want a stronger lid though that has no chance of failing.

Yeah, so 10 pound trees would be ~60# wet. ;)

I'm talking with a local plastics company to get custom reservoirs made since I can't seem to find them big enough for what I want to try. It's not exactly MPB style but similar. I think I'm going to spec out at 45"x45"x18" so even with net pots there'll be plenty of nutrients. My current service panel won't handle more than 4kw on top of normal usage so I can't really go vertical either unless I went with 3 plants, lit on 3 sides each, in a triangle configuration. With 3 plants I'd want to get about 3 pounds each to make it worth that many lights, that's doable with the right genetics but I'll probably stick to horizontal 1 per light and shoot for the 1g/w target.

Thanks for the info... :)

Giddeon

Giddeon

Yeah, so 10 pound trees would be ~60# wet. ;)

Thanks for the info... :)

Yes they would thats why my air cages support my lids in my 70 gal buckets. My netpot and plant can weight over 100lbs with no worries.

S

SME

Yes they would thats why my air cages support my lids in my 70 gal buckets. My netpot and plant can weight over 100lbs with no worries.

Very true, I saw those air cages, it was a good idea. I won't be running air pumps/stones but I guess if I needed more support I could still build the PVC cage.

SME

M

MediMary

You getting more the 1600 an oz. damn homie we need to talk, lmao ... where you at these days? hit me up ... we need to get up soon

Before the economy went to shit, gold and Dank were priced pretty similar :)

F

faro

Does anyone have some advice for transitions plants from veg to flower using this system?

Every time I move my plants into the larger room with more lights, they get severely shocked, to the point of being unable to recover.

I have already tried increasing the light intensity slower (turning 1 1000W on every second or third day).

I have the plants vegging with a top feed set to water every 3 hours for 15 minutes. When the make the move, they have constant access to water which is where I am focusing my thoughts now, but would really appreciate some seasoned advice.

Thanks

F

faro

thanks for the advice opt1c. i will do that for sure next run. hope that is all it was as i'd hate to lose another crop

vangs

vangs

did i ever tell about the huge fish i caught??

did i ever tell ya about the HUGE fish i caught down at the river? self reports leave ALOT of room for juicing the data to suit your needs at the time...i am new to THC farm and have no opinion either way, i asssumed he was telling the truth, but i dont know DD from jack,,, it is always nicer to go out on top tho, isn''t it?

btw, that fish was 18 inches long when i caught it years back, but now its close to three times the size, musta grew after or something huh? hehe

damn big outdoor plts tho....i never saw anything over a 1/2 lb myself,,, outdoors, inside maybe 3 z's on a nice one, but i ave under 2z's per plt in hydro....i'm honest about the weights....heres my pic of last tray w/single 1k hps , 23 plts, 730 grams,,, i was very happy w/it ..... then i read this thread and thought, hey, i'll gro one 8 lber and be WAY AHEAD of the game....

23 plants? under 1k bulb, i was thinking of trying this setup next, a SOG style. so you yielded alittle more than an oz on each plant right Jyip?? how tall were the plants once you switched to flower before the stretch began??? and how tall did they end up by harvest time?

jyip

jyip

hey vangs, i flipped em at around 16-20inches and they ended up 26-32inches,,,,yes a lil over a z per, wanted to get up to 45 grams per plt or 2lbs per tray from 1k hps,,,, havent got over 28 z's tho,,,havent done a monocrop so when i runa single strain and hope to bump the 2lb goal the pic is the 730 gram tray,, 9 strains in there too

jyip

jyip

also, i never topped, only lst them, bending n tieing them to give each plant an even canopy and kept tieing the top tip down below during the stretch to shape plts

Quantum9

Quantum9

and interesting thing to think about is how many lumens can the plant actually use. Im not positive but I think on a bright day the sun gives off 100,000lumens per square meter, and im pretty sure this is blowing the sun out of the water

I wonder if there is a point of diminished returns when it comes to light or certain point where you could add all the light you want but the plant isnt going to respond in a postive way, in which case tweeking the spectrum could be a way to break that ceiling

I dont know anything about spectrum its just a thought

the sun is 10X1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 stronger then a 1000 watt bulb.

Quantum9

Quantum9

I just find it interesting that his previous grows used the same amount of light, but he managed to double his yeild simply by simply using a larger container.

Does this seem really possible,(not to me) but hey if I havn't tried it then how can I knock it right? Im not trained in horticulture, everything I have learned is from hands on experience and trying various things I have read online or in grow books(by other growers who probably arn't trained in horticulture either).

On my next grow I would like to do a comparsion between a large and small container with the same strain and see how much it effects my yield, hopefully some other people will also conduct their own tests and we can better determine how much dripline really effects yeild.

Thanks for the inspiration DD's
your plants are still way bigger than mine i can say that for sure :)

There is a direct correlation between root and shoot mass. It not only effects it, it IS the limiting factor.

Top Bottom