Doubleds inspired room

• Thread starter Desertboy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Desertboy

Desertboy

Well took me a year, has no dwc and is co2'd which I swore I wouldn't do.

TBH it's more Lost inspired than doubleds but 4 plants 4 600w.

I use temperature differential for co2 rather than air conditioning it takes ~90 minutes to raise the temps from 23C to 30C then the fans flick on and drop to 23C again.

I use an etaline on full power to suck through 4 cool tubes with 600w's in them and extract to the outside world.

Plants are in pure coco, dripper fed.

Doubleds inspired room
Doubleds inspired room 2
Doubleds inspired room 3
F

Farmer Jon

Premium Member
Supporter
The ladies look happy, more details please. Strains, nutrients, medium, etc.
Maybe you can bring some life back to this side of the farm.
FJ

Desertboy

Desertboy

Killer Skunk by Ugorg (UK strain), Bcuzz Coco, Bcuzz nutes, hand watered at the moment but will be dripper fed with 3 drippers each and several filters for added backup.

18l pots for 3 of them and 1 10l airpot all a little small so it shall be interesting to see the results I have never seen anyone run such high wattage with such small pots.

I'll dripper feed 3-4 times a day for maximum effect.

They're 3 days into flower in this pic they've got bigger in the last 2 days I have no doubt I shall hit he roof height of 5 foot before the end.

I use a Bcuzz A&B Coco nutes, Mico funghi, root stims, liquid silicon, phosphoric acid and pk13/14. Nothing else will be used this grow.

I have used abamectin to treat SM infection 3 weeks before flowering.

F

Farmer Jon

Premium Member
Supporter
Sounds like you've got a plan. Just a suggestion, you may need to incorporate some extra cal/mag to overcome the nature of coco (coco seams to lock out cal/mag).
FJ

Desertboy

Desertboy

I'm using Bcuzz Coco specific nutes with Bcuzz Coco it should be perfectly matched without the need for additives.

I'm running my EC higher than I ever have due to the CO2 and higher watts/sqft I calculated it's just over 100w/sqft

I'm running at EC 1.6 7 days into flower normally I would run ~1.2 if I tried this high EC before they would claw back and burn them.

I've never ran CO2 before or close to this w/sqft or side lighting for that matter.

I haven't got a clue what's going to happen that makes it really rather fun.

Desertboy

Desertboy

Unlike you lucky Yanks and Canadians I have to either buy a dedicated garden controller at $950 or use relays to modify a co2 fan ventilation controller for $400.

My CO2 setup with regulator/ bottle etc came out about $600 and a refill is about $25.

Glad I can get CO2 easy here wouldn't fancy the extra air con hassles with a burner.

First shot is just after lights on hence the low co2 reading I deliver the co2 in spurts every 30 seconds for 5 seconds until we hit 1400ppm. The 2nd junction box is unused.

When CO2 is above 1200ppm the controller is designed to switch on the fans I use the first relay's NC contactor to reverse this and turn the solenoid on when <1200ppm the 2nd relay is tripped out by the fans.

So went I vent with extract/intake the co2 solenoid is turned off.

I can reprogram my controller to work the other way round and different ppm set points but actually 2nd pic shows it works well as is.

It takes about 3 minutes to raise ppm to 1300-1400 after venting and then about every 5 minutes I hear the co2 being released once until next vent.

My bottle has gone 4 weeks of use about 1/3 used I'll get a spare when this one is running low I'll nick it out lights off refill it and get a 2nd one as I have to drive 30 miles for co2.

It's food safe for beer co2 I assume that's the stuff I want.

DSCF1103
DSCF1104
Desertboy

Desertboy

Not dead yet

I've backed the feed off slightly it was 1.6 I backed it off to 1.4 for 4 days then back 1.6. It'll be day 14 on friday.

By day 28 I aim for @EC of 2.0 including my starting ec of 0.4

DSCF1169
DSCF1171
DSCF1179
Desertboy

Desertboy

Still growing, Day 16 of flower.

I worked out how to use the white balance.

DSCF1226
DSCF1227
Green81

Green81

Premium Member
Supporter
Love your style desert boy, especially representing the uk! Keep up the fantastic grow, love the new pics.

Can I ask why you have positioned the lights horizontally and not vertically, ease of extraction?

G81

Desertboy

Desertboy

Since I have the lights pointing at the plants with reflectors in it made no difference if I hung the vertical or horizontal light spread wise. So your completely correct I hung them like that so the air flow was better through the tubes.

You have to hang them vertical if you have plants both sides of the light but I don't so it made no difference.

Unlike the crazy yanks I don't need 18 kilos a grow so this should do my needs.

I have 4.5 foot between the centre of each lamp.

There needs to be more UK growers at it, people get scared by the cost and effort. It can be done on the cheap though and without air con especially for us UK growers we can 2 a year with no air con and minimal heating in the middle of the coldest winters.

Green81

Green81

Premium Member
Supporter
Thats so true about the uk peeps thinking its an expensive set-up, me being one of them. I personally think that you have to be on top of your game before doing vertical set-ups, quite frankly Flat gardens usually beat a vertical set-up in yield but with alot more plant numbers.

Again, total respect fro your set-up and im sure your gonna be pulling K's :)

Quick question, I've been thinking of running 3 magnums in a 240x120x200 tent do you think that would work or the heat would be too much??

G81

Desertboy

Desertboy

Thats so true about the uk peeps thinking its an expensive set-up, me being one of them. I personally think that you have to be on top of your game before doing vertical set-ups, quite frankly Flat gardens usually beat a vertical set-up in yield but with alot more plant numbers.

Again, total respect fro your set-up and im sure your gonna be pulling K's :)

Quick question, I've been thinking of running 3 magnums in a 240x120x200 tent do you think that would work or the heat would be too much??

G81

Magnums are the air cooled hoods progrow sell aren't they?

if you're thinking 3 600w, get them in there now! 3kw's might be a bit much for the tent.

I'm using an 8" etaline to suck through 4 tubes I would use something similarly specced for good heat removal, use insulated ducting to reduce heat loss from the air cooled light an duct to outside.

Fantronix sell the etaline for ~£100 if you've bought 3 magnums I doubt the £100 will bother you too much.

I am Tutu on a certain UK site.

Green81

Green81

Premium Member
Supporter
Fantronix has some v good deals on insulation, cheers ++

Yea defo 600's, 1000 produce wat too much heat :) have you tried that rig set-up before\?

Desertboy

Desertboy

Never tried it before, it started life on here as a doubleds single plant room with 2.4kw of light

O---O
--X--
O---O

and ended up as you see, I'm blagging it and then seeing what happens.

I have never ran this high wattage or co2 before so this is all very new to me.

Green81

Green81

Premium Member
Supporter
Your set-up looks killer, fingers crossed.

Anyone else have experience with Magnums xxxl using 600's. Basically 3 in a row in a 120x 240 x 200 tent basically just over 2 metres. will this fit 3 magnumms in unison anyone ?

Sorry for spamming u thread Desertboy

Desertboy

Desertboy

Magnums are L= 850mm W=670mm D=190mm

so 3 wide is 2.1m's basically should fir but it'll be tight if I were you I would probably buy 2 magnums and use 2 1kw lights in them instead.

M

MediMary

nice setup buddy, mpbs looking to be coming back here in the future

Desertboy

Desertboy

I didn't realise they ever went away!

I'm growing these in coco, Drain2waste dripper fed.

I build the room for MPB's then never actually bothered with the mpb.

Latest posts

Top Bottom