Doubt between industrialized and natural fertilizers

• Thread starter gato_mestre
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

gato_mestre

Hello,
So, I'm from Brazil, and here the difficulty in finding the best fertilizer brand is very large and the import is expensive, often have problems with customs.

My question.
In well-controlled environments with proper lighting, using only natural fertilizers (earthworm (N), castor bean (N) (rest of the production of biodiesel) and bone milled (PK)) grown in soil, the difference will be big? I will not get the best that the strain can give me? The difference would be too big?

[ ]'s

F

foolsgold

you will be suprised. if you build a soil that has all the nutrients your plants gonna need then all you have to do is water. maybe add some extra nutes if needed, but i've done several grows where i didn't add a single drop if fertilizer. i just started with a well built soil with castings, guano, bonemeal, and many other things. i only watered with plain water and i acheived great results. the flavor was amazing and yeild was top notch. the key is just finding the right soil recipe for the particular starin your growing. every strain needs different things to hit full potential. which is why liquid ferts are so popular, becuase you can taylor your feedings for th plant as you watch it grow. you will be suprised what the right soil will give you.

G

gato_mestre

Thank you. I also think that thought, just wanted to know opinions of those who have tried both methods, the result was worth the investment.

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Here is Subcool's super soil recipe:
8 large bags of a high-quality organic potting soil with coco fiber and mycorrhizae (i.e., your base soil)
25 to 50 lbs of organic worm castings
5 lbs steamed bone meal
5 lbs Bloom bat guano
5 lbs blood meal
3 lbs rock phosphate
¾ cup Epson salts
½ cup sweet lime (dolomite)
½ cup azomite (trace elements)
2 tbsp powdered humic acid

This is the same basic recipe I’ve been using for the past 15 years. The hardest ingredient to acquire are the worm castings (especially since many people don’t even know what they are. FYI: worm poop). But don’t decide to just skip them: Be resourceful. After all, worms comprise up to ¾ of the living organisms found underground, and they’re crucial to holding our planet together. Also, don’t waste money on a “soil conditioner” with worm castings; source out some local pure worm poop with no added mulch.
"

Here's a link to his technique:
http://hightimes.com/grow/subcool/5728
I'm sure with a little research, you can find out what products are interchangeable with products available in Brazil. Good luck, buddy, and happy growing!

F

foolsgold

those worm castings are amazing. i'm going to cut this recipe to 1/8 amount and give it a try.

G

gato_mestre

Thank you. Of these ingredients, just can not buy the guano. I have easy and inexpensive access to the rest of the ingredients. Thanks for the link, I will prepare and post results here ...

Latest posts

Top Bottom