Dovw season started @ half hour before Dawn Today in Cali

• Thread starter Rabbi
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

TwoCreeks

As a grower and dove hunter and one who has dealt with trespassers I would say that you can bring down a world of problems by being too heavy handed even if they were on your property. Those guys could well return with law enforcement to reclaim their shotguns. If your land is properly posted you can run them out but keeping their guns could come back to haunt you.....
Even if you own the land unless they do some damage the first time you catch someone all you can really do is ask them to leave. The second time you can have them arrested, but not much will happen to them.

Legitimate dove hunters should be wearing some red or flourescent orange. If there are enough dove to be hunting they will also be shooting and their presense is obvious. Archery deer season is also on in most of NorCal right now and bowhunters will be in full camo and silent.

Any hunter trespassing in NorCal these days is an idiot with the amount of cultivation going on.

I was out with my bow deer hunting in the Mendocino Nat'l Forest a week ago and ran into a couple of amigos with an assault rifle. I did not interact with them. They made their presense known, and I left the area. This kind of acitvity on public land where I have every right to be is bullshit and I have no problem getting in touch with law enforcement about it......

true grit

true grit

What are trespassing laws out there? If it were in either of the states I frequent, they are shoot to kill trespassers states. You look for signs, and stay away before you catch one.

Don't think he will have any problems with keeping the guns. They were on his private property with weapons- anytime weapons are brought onto private property it can be considered with intent to assault, harass, kill, and thieve. Under which pretenses they have no rights and can be dealt with accordingly.....

Nice job Rabbi, keep em honest bro! Makes me think bout that Mossberg JIC group buy the homies and I were discussing....

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
up here we call it "the ripper hour" it's about 4:30AM - 5:30AM starts on the 1st. Sept. time to get the camping gear out...
Neighbors of mine have already caught someone casing out my place, driving by real slowly, turning around and getting out fast. ALWAYS around midnight. I am very fortunate this year to have the neighbor--big guy in his early 20s, my son, another good-sized young man and 21yo, and my stepson, former military, all who are up very late and very, very interested in catching this person.

I was visited four times last year. Not again this year.

B

BHOaddict

this is ridiculous, what low life lazy POS these people are. I wish everyone the best of luck in dealing with these trespassers.

if a group of people are on your land with weapons it would be pretty easy arguing they were out with violent intentions. I wouldnt take any chances with these people.

T

thefabman

Premium Member
Supporter
IF it were me they would be int he ground already. I take no chances when it comes to weapons!!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
What do you dove hunters do with said doves? Turn 'em into game hens?

R

robbiedublu

What are trespassing laws out there? If it were in either of the states I frequent, they are shoot to kill trespassers states. You look for signs, and stay away before you catch one.

Don't think he will have any problems with keeping the guns. They were on his private property with weapons- anytime weapons are brought onto private property it can be considered with intent to assault, harass, kill, and thieve. Under which pretenses they have no rights and can be dealt with accordingly.....

Nice job Rabbi, keep em honest bro! Makes me think bout that Mossberg JIC group buy the homies and I were discussing....

I'm curious what states those are? I googled it and could not find any states that allow you to kill someone for trespassing, unless they enter your dwelling. The fact that these guys had visible weapons complicates it somewhat.

T

TwoCreeks

I don't think rippers have to do that much sneaking around or pretending to be hunters these days to find grows. In my travels in Mendocino, Humboldt, and Trinity counties the last couple of years in the Fall I have been amazed at the number of grows that are plainly visible from the paved roads. Camping in the National Forest last year I ran into town for gas and ice and saw a really nicely built 8' fence built around 3 rows of plants that were about 14' tall.....Down the road a ways I went by a greenhouse. The plants had gotten too tall so the grower had cut holes in the plastic roof and the plants were sticking up about 2' through the roof right next to the road. Then there are the other ones that are plainly smellable just driving by in a car.
The prevalent attitude that "this is legal" has caused some folks to get pretty loose.

Zombo

Zombo

robbie- I THINK Texas is one of the states that allows trespassers to be shot.
good going Rabi,I fucking hate thieves

true grit

true grit

I'm curious what states those are? I googled it and could not find any states that allow you to kill someone for trespassing, unless they enter your dwelling. The fact that these guys had visible weapons complicates it somewhat.

Texas!!! and CO....Both are concealed carry states, CO is open carry in some areas....

Texas- once on private property you can be shot and killed. If you have a weapon- absolutely no question. In Texas in both concealed classes and through law you are told to ONLY shoot to kill. No wounding bs.

Colorado- "make my day" law in effect. Which basically means if they are in your domicile and you feel threatened its a shoot to kill situation. Now laws in the open are different- say you in public and see someone about to get robbed or injured/fear of life- you can shoot to kill perp for THE OTHER person. Same thing for yourself. So i would assume between those, if they have guns on your land- they have no rights. And fwiw- i was told not go on private land in CO, you will get shot.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Believe it or not, California does practice Castle Doctrine. A more complete listing of states and description:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castle_doctrine

Also, search on "no duty to retreat" and "no duty to retreat in your own home", as I'm betting there is a legal distinction in those terms, especially in this scenario.

***Edit*** This last link is by a Canadian, and the map he's showing of what states use which type of law does not appear to be entirely correct. He shows California as having neither Castle Doctrine laws nor stand-your-ground laws. This is not the case, California does have a Castle Doctrine law. Guess I need to find the actual law.

Dr.stickerdick

Dr.stickerdick

Somebody legally licensed and hunting that truely accidentally crosses a land boundry is not in the same catagory as a home intruder and can not legally be killed period . Check with the affore mentioned states' Department of Natural Resorces or Conservation Commitions. Peace

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
on the east coast we get none of those protections you kill a person in your house its murder or manslaughter, you may get lucky and not get charged. there are a few cases were people didn't get charged. most our states over here are concealed weapons permits and we have no self defense laws. but they do teach to shoot to kill in the permit classes it makes no sense really.

as the saying goes " I'd rather be judged by 12 then carried by 6"

sky high

sky high

"Make My day" only encompasses intruders who enter your HOME. It does not give a right to shoot anyone who steps foot on your PROPERTY. Big difference!

Moral of story: Drag that mutherfuckin ripper into the house BEFORE calling the pigglies.

"Bang, bang, shoot, shoot....."

O

Oregonic

A link to Oregons gun laws. We don't have a castle doctrine but it clearly state you may use deadly force on a burglar if he is armed or threatening your family.

LOL, you break into my house and you threatened my family..... weapon or not. I would even extend a blunt verbal warning followed by the cocking of the 12ga.... if that ain't enough to scare them off then they are there to hurt someone and that my fellow farmers is a scary situation i hope I am never in, or anyone else here for that matter!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
There are a few terms for this type of self-protection. Castle Doctrine, stand-your-ground, I can't remember the other term I read. Stand-your-ground does not limit you to what's happening within the home residence, at least at first perusal.

All that said, we have taken every precaution we possibly can to ensure the following:
No one is confused about what property is ours
No confusion about whether or not we want you on our property
No confusion about the fact that there's a dog
Perimeter fence around my garden
Motion-detecting IP based cameras run on an alarm system
Trip wire hooked up to a very loud alarm
Hortonova trellis completely surrounding my girls

Layers of protection. Now I'm extremely fortunate this year. My youngest boy is still living with us, my stepson has moved back after finishing his military service, AND my neighbors across the street have begun their own grow and are extremely interested in maintaining neighborhood tranquility. We're all watching each others' backs now, instead of me trying to keep my backside covered. If ANYONE comes into this area they have no idea how they're gonna be the ones pinched between the two properties. Plus, there's only one way in and one way out.

M

MR.Budworthy

In south Carolina they attempt to enter you can shoot them back out. Cut and dry no charges for the death here.

joeca1i

joeca1i

they'll be back,or someone they tell,will be back.Better hire some security.

R

robbiedublu

A link to Oregons gun laws. We don't have a castle doctrine but it clearly state you may use deadly force on a burglar if he is armed or threatening your family.

LOL, you break into my house and you threatened my family..... weapon or not. I would even extend a blunt verbal warning followed by the cocking of the 12ga.... if that ain't enough to scare them off then they are there to hurt someone and that my fellow farmers is a scary situation i hope I am never in, or anyone else here for that matter!

Personally for someone I don't know in my house I would shoot them first and then give them the verbal warning.
Everything I read, even for texas and colorado talks about someone in your house (or domicile as it's called), not someone on your property.
Someone please provide a link where it talks about it being justifiable to kill someone on your property but not inside your house.

Latest posts

Top Bottom