Down to Earth Liquid Bone Meal--Smells Like Pepto??

• Thread starter blazedahaze
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
blazedahaze

blazedahaze

I just recently purchased a gallon of this stuff from an online vendor and was wondering if I got the right bottle. The bottle didn't have a label on it for some reason and this is my first encounter with liquid bone meal, does anyone else use this stuff and do you think it smells like Pepto-Bismol???

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
I just got this stuff..smells JUST LIKE Pepto!
Liquidbonemeal
Yummy :woot:

Im wondering why....thats how i found this thread on google...lol :)

Last edited:
respect

respect

Grower of Herb
Supporter
I just got this stuff..smells JUST LIKE Pepto!
View attachment 387090
Yummy :woot:

Im wondering why....thats how i found this thread on google...lol :)
That's funny Ken...that happens to me all the time. Yours doesn't look like my down to earth bottle so perhaps it's a different brand? What are the NPK values on it? Smells better than my liquid fish :D

Edit never mind Ken I read your bottle once I enlarged the pic. :)

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
That's funny Ken...that happens to me all the time. Yours doesn't look like my down to earth bottle so perhaps it's a different brand? What are the NPK values on it? Smells better than my liquid fish :D

Edit never mind Ken I read your bottle once I enlarged the pic. :)
That was the cheapest stuff I could find...lol..Shipping wasnt cheap though(very heavy)
Im going to try get the Natures Nectar Liquid bone meal next though a hella cool Farmer
Save on shipping that way...Stuff is 1 cup per gal. so, you/I need alot ;)

PButter

PButter

RUN!!!
Supporter
Hmm, maybe I'll give that a go- see if I can tell a difference. That stuff gets awful pricey.

respect

respect

Grower of Herb
Supporter
Opps...lol..Yeah, I just re read the bottle I have..it says 1 to 2 oz for house plants
4 oz per gal for other plants...I used about 6 oz per gal....opps :)
Is yours per 1 gallon or per 5 gallons...so just to be clear we do 2 oz per 5 gallons.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Is yours per 1 gallon or per 5 gallons...so just to be clear we do 2 oz per 5 gallons.
wow...Yeah I read you wrong. there too :confused:
..the one I have now says 32 0z for 8 gal of water
Or 2 oz for 1 gal for house plants..
so Down to earth (is that what you guys use?) must be stronger..
I got a quart of that..when waanyne suggested it.
used up that quart in 5 min... I needed a bigger bottle....and found that big bottle of stuff for a good price
But the shipping was too much...the grow stores I checked here didnt carry it Dumb asses...lol
I found the quarts of Down to earth on amazon...free shipping..but its 20 bucks..
I think it was like 7 bucks where waayne linked to...but the shipping there was 12 bucks
so fuck me running :wacky:

respect

respect

Grower of Herb
Supporter
wow...Yeah I read you wrong. there too :confused:
..the one I have now says 32 0z for 8 gal of water
Or 2 oz for 1 gal for house plants..
so Down to earth (is that what you guys use?) must be stronger..
I got a quart of that..when waanyne suggested it.
used up that quart in 5 min... I needed a bigger bottle....and found that big bottle of stuff for a good price
But the shipping was too much...the grow stores I checked here didnt carry it Dumb asses...lol
I found the quarts of Down to earth on amazon...free shipping..but its 20 bucks..
I think it was like 7 bucks where waayne linked to...but the shipping there was 12 bucks
so fuck me running :wacky:

I was gonna delete my comment because I read both bottles and they both read the same but youve already replied so Im gonna ask @waayne about it but my guess would be hes adding other crap to the mix...pun intended :)

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
respect is right on point.....
I use other phosphorous sources as well,as the liquid bonemeal
My application rate is weaker,to compensate.....
Cool man, So 4oz per gal isnt going to be a problem right?
I use the high phosphorous bat guano but I dont use them together.
I read that you can flush with this stuff too..:)

blazedahaze

blazedahaze

Hey farmers and specifically @caregiverken, I got my down to earth liquid bone meal from occupyorganics.com and it was only $20 per gallon!! They are located in Oregon and have lots of other stuff you might like check it out.

Last edited:
Top Bottom