Dr. Elaine Ingham Basic Compost Tea

• Thread starter Samoan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Perception

Perception

I'm about to run a brew for my outdoor garden (mostly veggies). Any idea why she recommends no molasses?

Samoan

Samoan

I'm about to run a brew for my outdoor garden (mostly veggies). Any idea why she recommends no molasses?

Cannabis and/or veggies

From what I have read the Mollases will feed the bacteria first and "Can" cause them to "bloom" or reproduce at a rate too quickly and they will suffocate the oxygen available in the water need for fungal growth which occurs later in the brewing process? However, I have read that if you add Mollases in the right amount (maybe smaller) amounts it can be beneficial in creating a 'balanced' - bacteria to fungi - compost tea.

It is my understanding that fish hydrolysate is a better food stock than Mollases for fungi, but contains A lot of Nitrogen?

And added kelp will initially suppress a a lot of microbial growth so if added you should be brewing for 24hours or more?

-some options liquid kelp concentrate, kelp meal, and kelp powder.

What differences could using these different forms of kelp make?
-maybe use of each should be differently -application rate / timing

(Included Humic acid powder interacts with some form of kelp at a 5 parts Humic :to: 2 parts kelp -Will Chelate the micro-nutrients making them more available for everyone to enjoy...)

it is best to premix amount of Humic acid powder in a shaker bottle of your water being used first to dissolve it because it clumps up, and apparently it ,neutralizes the acids?

Are you supposed to 'Neutralize the acid in kelp liquid concentrate before adding to compost tea?...

Also, from what I understand, correct me if I am wrong, but a more bacteria dominant tea earlier in plant growth may be bennefial? and a more fungal dominant tea later in growth stage also may be benneficial?

However, I read that it takes longer for the fungal establishments with plants and and in plant grow medium to happen,

-so you may want to try to get the fungal dominant tea started early on to get established, and than later in growth stage you can still feed more bacteria dominated teas??

-OR

MAYBE if you inoculate your medium and roots with fungi (mychorizal) ends and ecto -before planting and at transplanting, as well as inoculating your compost before adding to your tea you will have better chances at having a fungal brew.

Samoan

Samoan

I will add that I haven't used a microscope on anything yet, and of course it will be a good idea to get one so you won't have to guess.

Top Bottom