Dr Greenthumbs Sour Diesel Grow Journal & Smoke report

• Thread starter Dr Gruber
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Smokin Tree

Doc ya killed it man. Those look sweet, hope mine turn out the same. Cant wait for the smoke report.

S

sensisaint

great job dr. looks amazing,total fire. it def looks like the orig cut. ive had the cut for 6years or so,and damn pretty close to the real thing as far as the pics go.imo.anyways great job on the grow and dr.greenthumb for putting out this often horded strain to the mases

D

Dr Gruber

Great Job Gruber. You did the Dr. Proud. He should be pleased with your thread. Really looking forward to the report.

fred

Doc ya killed it man. Those look sweet, hope mine turn out the same. Cant wait for the smoke report.

sweet looks good!! great work!!!

great job dr. looks amazing,total fire. it def looks like the orig cut. ive had the cut for 6years or so,and damn pretty close to the real thing as far as the pics go.imo.anyways great job on the grow and dr.greenthumb for putting out this often horded strain to the mases

Thanks Everyone!
The smoke report is coming, Im just waiting on the last of it to dry so I can give a final weight and let the rest cure up a bit before the report.So far I can tell you this stuff is Awesome! The best tasteing smoke Ive had in awhile and the high is amazing too.:)

RIVAL79

RIVAL79

Funk Master!
Supporter
U ever find big mason jars? Lol. Congrats bro. Looks super fire. Can't wait 2 pop my original sour d. Hope i can find a keeper.

D

Dr Gruber

U ever find big mason jars? Lol. Congrats bro. Looks super fire. Can't wait 2 pop my original sour d. Hope i can find a keeper.

I did find some bigger mason jars...6 of them shipped to my house for $10 plus $7 shipping. I like them alot...lots of room and very tall.I will see if I can find a link, but i think it was just from the "bell" mason jar site.

RIVAL79

RIVAL79

Funk Master!
Supporter
i did find some bigger mason jars...6 of them shipped to my house for $10 plus $7 shipping. I like them alot...lots of room and very tall.i will see if i can find a link, but i think it was just from the "bell" mason jar site.
r they the 1 or 3 gallon size? Come check out my tga grow. Got some good pics up of week6. Packin on the weight now. C u in da threads.

D

Dr Gruber

r they the 1 or 3 gallon size? Come check out my tga grow. Got some good pics up of week6. Packin on the weight now. C u in da threads.

I got the 1 gal size...and it should have read "ball" not bell.
I will check out your grow and if you want to post up a link here feel free.

D

Dr Gruber

Smoke report

SMOKE REPORT--

Final Weight 3 plants---11.06 oz's
Plant #1----5.19 oz's
Plant #2----2.96 oz's
Plant #3----2.91 oz's

Smoke Report (2-3 week dry and cure)

INFO-
Tester Name:
Dr Gruber, Assisted by Dr Sharpe.

Strain:
Doc Greenthumb Sour Diesel (East Coast S1)

Breeder:
Greenthumb Seeds
http://www.drgreenthumb.com/

Grower:
Dr Gruber

Method Smoked:
Joints, glass pipes and vape.

Soil/Hydro:
Soil

SMELL-
When you run over a fresh Skunk in your car, the smell is so strong it’s like burning rubber before the more familiar skunk smell settles in. That’s how this smells.

Dominant smell of bud:
Burnt Rubber/Fuel/Skunk

Associated smells of bud:
Earthy-skunk, skunk, and skunk.

TASTE-

Dominant flavor:
Fuel/Burnt Rubber/Skunk

Associated flavors:
Spearmint/pine

Harsh/smoothness: (1-10, 1 being extremely harsh and 10 being extremely smooth) --

- Cough factor? : Yes/no ---
Yes- This smoke is thick and it expands.

BUZZ-
Light up and watch the wallpaper move all by itself. This stuff is very trippy but it also has a couch lock like feeling when overdone. When used sparingly this is motivational pot but only for one task at a time, don’t bother trying to multitask, it isn’t happening. I did a wake and bake and went out in public and I felt like I did back in High School. My eyes were so heavy and everything looked so fuzzy that it felt like everyone had to know I was baked. It was fun!

How I rate potency-
I try to rate potency based on what type of Pot it is…Sativa or Indica, couch lock or energetic, etc.
I gave the Cindy a 9.5 based on it being the most energetic pot I’ve ever grown. I rate the SD the same 9.5 but it is by far a more “stony” smoke then the Cindy. It hits way harder and is more trippy but not as energetic. Hope this makes sense.

Profile—

Potency: (1-10, 1 being extremely weak and 10 being extremely potent)

Duration: (approx length of buzz, from first hit)
2-5 hrs

Use: Daytime/Bedtime --
Mostly bedtime but nice in the day when you have nothing to do. Take 2-hits for day time use, 4-hits or more for night time use.

Munchies: Yes/no----
Yes…and then some.

Comments-
Out of all the Greenthumb gear I have grown this is my favorite by far. Not as energetic as the Cindy but way more trippy, a perfect combo of sativa/indica effects, I like this one very much. This SD is as good or better then any I’ve smoked through the years. I can’t remember any SD that was better, but I can remember a lot that wasn’t as good, like the stuff I got a few months ago form a local dispensary. Not even close.
The smell and taste is so strong that it can’t be taken anywhere without stealth measures being used. Be careful to not transfer the sticky smell from fingers to jars or baggies when transporting it or the smell will be out of control. After harvesting them, the smell on my Caregivers clothes woke his wife up from a dead sleep.

When looking at the trichs with a scope, there are a lot, but not more then anything else I’ve grown. However, when dried, the buds seem to become one big trich, it’s hard to explain but these buds seem to snap when broken- like it was made of crystal. It’s not over dry…just perfect. The smoke is thick and pungent, perfect for joints or pipes and not bad in the Vape either.

-----------------------------------------------------

CHEMICAL ASTRINGENT-
Turpentine ()
Metallic ()
Ammonia ( ) - urine () - vinegar ( )
Bleach ()
Lotions () - plastics ( ) - glues ( )
Fuel (x)
Rubber (x)

SWEET-
fruity () - berry () - black/blue/raspberry () citrus () - orange () - lemon ( ) - lime () - apple () - mango () - grape () - cherry () - tutty fruity ()

floral () - perfume () - blossom ()
minty () - menthol (x) - spearmint (x) - peppermint ()

SPICY-
woody ( ) - incense () - hardwood ( ) - sage ( ) - juniper ( ) - cedar (x) - pine (x)
basil ( ) - garlic ( ) - dill ( ) - clove () - parsley () - pepper ()
tobacco () - chocolate ()

MUSKY-
earthy (x) - loam () - dirt () - musty () - dusty () - dry ()
animal () - bird () - rodent () - gamey () - skunk (x)
botanical () - hay () - autumn leaves ( ) - trees ()

Final Comments-
The strongest best smelling and tasting of the Doc Greenthumb strains I have grown out so far. Supper-Super Skunk/fuel taste and smell- Beef up the odor control for this one.

Medical qualities:
Great for pain relief, appetite, and depression. I vaped some last night on a high temp because I had bad back pain and it was like a wave of warmth passed over me and I slept like a baby.
I will continue to test for other medical qualities.

Peace-DG

Pictures of Product:

IMG 07251
IMG 07271
IMG 07331
IMG 07341
IMG 07351
JH420

JH420

Well done bro! Awesome to see this to completion...I definately wanna pack now. Interesting to see #1 almost double the yeild of the others, did you do something different training wise? Do they all smoke similar?

D

Dr Gruber

Well done bro! Awesome to see this to completion...I definately wanna pack now. Interesting to see #1 almost double the yeild of the others, did you do something different training wise? Do they all smoke similar?

Thanks!
I did top it but I also topped plant #2. The real difference was that it was the only one I kept healthy, the other two burned up a bit before I flushed them. I guess I caught plant #1 in time and it stayed green all the way through. Harvesting in a two or three step process really helped too, the bottom "popcorn" buds really fattened up. I got 40 grams off the bottom 1/5th of the plant.

B

blaze 1

looks great doc sounds like some fire sour to me did you end up finding any little seeds ?

D

Dr Gruber

looks great doc sounds like some fire sour to me did you end up finding any little seeds ?

Not a single seed yet, big or small. I will be looking for them though and will let you know if I find any.

Top Bottom