Dragons Flame Genetics 2020 and beyond...

• Thread starter Dragonsflame
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Madmax

Madmax

I got my lady a new camera, as shes been wanting to learn photography, and for our business as well, made a lot of sense. Still got a lot to learn as we have always done simple point and shoot / cell phone types...and this is a legit / multi lense mirrorless so steep curve...

But she did a large photo shoot with the Haole Moonshine #16 -

View attachment 1312000View attachment 1312001View attachment 1312002View attachment 1312003View attachment 1312004View attachment 1312005
They look good Jeff..firm ,sponge lIke but not compact

Dragonsflame

Dragonsflame

The Dragon
Supporter
I did enjoy growing, but now its become a headache. I dont know what to blame all my issues on honestly, I litterally throw away about half of my weed. I could extract it but I dont like smoking extracts. Ill stick to it and chalk it all up as I cant read them properly yet. I want to switch to coco/drip, I want to do lots of things, but atm, honestly I just want to see how your cuts do in a comparable RDWC. Like if you go RDWC and you start running into issues in a perfect environment, with perfect cuts, then its like, perhaps I should stop trying to make it work, and do what works? Im just wondering if its my cuts, my environment, or my hydro system. How long you think you will have until your putting your cuts into a hydro system?

Im hoping my next cycle in the gorilla grow tent will be in the new RDWC system...My current run just flipped, and this is a breeding cycle...so likely 8-9 weeks till harvest, then will clean the livin shit outta the tent to get all pollen / any pests spores etc out, then setup the new system...Im currently working with @Aqua Man to get all my parts together and built before then...

Dragonsflame

Dragonsflame

The Dragon
Supporter
They look good Jeff..firm ,sponge lIke but not compact

Yep thats about the way to describe that pheno, not hardball style, more like a sticky sponge. nice boozy fermented blackberry terp to it.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Im hoping my next cycle in the gorilla grow tent will be in the new RDWC system...My current run just flipped, and this is a breeding cycle...so likely 8-9 weeks till harvest, then will clean the livin shit outta the tent to get all pollen / any pests spores etc out, then setup the new system...Im currently working with @Aqua Man to get all my parts together and built before then...
Something to look out for is the res temps. Its not so much the temperature that is ran, but the change in water temps. I have noticed that when I top off, it lowers the res temp by like 8 degrees. From 72 down to like 68f. I also noticed when lights go out in the winter, the res temps drop from 72f down to like 66f. If your running 15 degrees cooler at nights, its going to be very hard to keep a stable res temp. Chillers work great and so do heaters, air pumps also work great. Im just saying, if I had my way, every tote would have a heater and a chiller, set to 72f, but its economically dumb to do that. Once you start pumping electricity into your system, well coco drip seems so much more affordable. Im not saying the drastic change in res temps is causing alot of my issues, but I have yet to rule it out. With no air pump, no heater and no chiller, the water in the tote will get very very warm, then when lights off, the temp drops. I know you say you like the drop in temps for the plant, and ill agree, yet as for the roots, i dunno, I really want to say thats the cause of most of my issues. Anywho, just food for thought, better give ya the info than not give it to ya.

Dragonsflame

Dragonsflame

The Dragon
Supporter
Something to look out for is the res temps. Its not so much the temperature that is ran, but the change in water temps. I have noticed that when I top off, it lowers the res temp by like 8 degrees. From 72 down to like 68f. I also noticed when lights go out in the winter, the res temps drop from 72f down to like 66f. If your running 15 degrees cooler at nights, its going to be very hard to keep a stable res temp. Chillers work great and so do heaters, air pumps also work great. Im just saying, if I had my way, every tote would have a heater and a chiller, set to 72f, but its economically dumb to do that. Once you start pumping electricity into your system, well coco drip seems so much more affordable. Im not saying the drastic change in res temps is causing alot of my issues, but I have yet to rule it out. With no air pump, no heater and no chiller, the water in the tote will get very very warm, then when lights off, the temp drops. I know you say you like the drop in temps for the plant, and ill agree, yet as for the roots, i dunno, I really want to say thats the cause of most of my issues. Anywho, just food for thought, better give ya the info than not give it to ya.

Yea that will be something to watch out for sure...I plan to have the main res outside the tent as well, and if needed, Ill get the insulation "capes" or whatever you call em to put over the buckets to reflect the ambient heat / light energy. in my climate I would likely just need a chiller, I dont see heating water back up, as I personally would rather have colder water then hotter water, as cooler = more O2 in the root zone and less pressure from rots / fungal.

Dragonsflame

Dragonsflame

The Dragon
Supporter
I ended up pulling the 2 Chemdog 91 outta the blackberry moonshine bx1 cycle (day 5 of flower so hopefully minimal reveg) , as the clones I pulled off them dont look to good, and I just know, If I don't pull the big gals out, the clones will die. Now that I've removed them from flower, of course the clones will all root now, but with the ordeal it took to get the 91 in my garden...Im not risking losing her. such is the law of nature lol.

Dragonsflame

Dragonsflame

The Dragon
Supporter
I did see though- some of the hairs on the reversal plant next to a ball look like they got hit with pollen...so really hoping thats a foreshadowing of a ton of pollen flying!

Dragonsflame

Dragonsflame

The Dragon
Supporter
Year End Sale

Dragonsflame

Dragonsflame

The Dragon
Supporter
Blackberry Moonshine bx1 Reversals are well on track, all 5 made nice balls, and it looks like one already released some pollen as the hairs around it look seeded. Hopefully that's a good sign that we are well on track and hopefully Ill have a few clouds of reversal pollen flying on time to seed the rest the tent.

We are now day 8 on the "to be seeded" section of the tent. just chugging along, not to the fun part of the show yet....but hopefully soon!

20221223 124503
20221223 124510
20221223 120010

Moshmen

Moshmen

Blackberry moonshine from prolly 2020? Maybe 2019 - had this green pheno stand out with I would have cloned her! Outstanding! Doesn’t look special but wow! - still got more to get to including a missys stash, but now think I’m gonna have to grab some Haole moonshine - sorry for the ramble I really meant to say I appreciate t try he work you put in ! The love for the product shows - thanx DFG

931069B9 005C 44C1 83A7 FB4F4837141C
003C58D4 1B31 4844 BA4E 6EF362AE4C17
EB67FA7C 0C8A 4FBA B1DF 55B4B4EA4254
GrilledCheeze

GrilledCheeze

What strains are you running bro? Good luck on the Christmas raffle!
That Christmas raffle looks amazing. I don't usually have a lot of luck in things like that but coincidently the strain I'm running right now was the result of winning a raffle from Seedsman lol. I have a thread going now for my Purple Ghost Candy grow. Please feel free to drop by and provide feedback if you see room for improvement!

From @Dragonsflame I purchased the Mac Dragon BX-1 but he tossed in Love Stash and a bunch of Garlic Stash V13. I'm excited to try them all.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I'm running the Mac Dragon right now and it appears to be an amazing strain, can't wait to see her finish.
Just look at the vegetation on the Mac.

That is one serious vascular system on that plant. Resource usage high on this plant. I’m about to run this in my fog system. These just arrived

6CC37062 35A1 4171 A831 3B07F3582FB9

Dragonsflame

Dragonsflame

The Dragon
Supporter
happy new year everyone! Those buds look great @Moshmen glad you enojoyed her. Im about to make f2s of the blackberry moonshine bx1 as well, using my keeper.

Glad to see they landed @Moe.Red thanks for supporting DFG!

Dragonsflame

Dragonsflame

The Dragon
Supporter
Well, bunch of balls on the reversal opened, 0 pollen. So, I pulled them out of the tent, and will try to manually collect some pollen. Ive also tagged in the Triangle Kush x Skunk dog bx1 male - which was bred by my friend pakaloloinparadise / matchmakergenetics. We are going to be doing a collab together. For those that arent familiar with him, hes a great passionate breeder, did the big plant medical days in Cali and then moved over to Hawaii. We became friends via ig before I moved over to Hawaii and became even better friends once able to smoke and talk shop in person. Hes battling the tough hawaii climate, and grows some dank herb, and has a keen eye for quality cannabis. So, definitely making lemonade out of the lemons of another failed reversal.

Ill get some photos posted of the chosen male, as well as the revised list for what's being seeded by him. One tent is week 3 tomorrow, and the other is week 1 tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom