Drain To Waste In Coco Coir In Conjuction With A Scrog.

• Thread starter S7ormShadow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

S7ormShadow

I was looking to begin my first grow. Im going with a 5x5 Secret Jardin tent. I was thinking if a srcog setup in conjunction with a drain to waste setup using coco coir. I was curious as to how i would set this up? Should i use a tray for my plants so the waste collects in it and then suck it out with a wet vac? Has anyone run a set up like this before. Any and all help is welcome as thit is my first attempt.

S

stemznseedz

the easiest way in your setup to dop top feed is to just buy a ebb and flow table, build or buy a traditional stand for your tray, buy two low profile res (that way you dont eat up too much of your height with the table) and use one to feed from and one for wastewater. the tables are designed to drain water to a res below. this will give you a few days of buffer before you have to remove the waste water and your plants will never sit in old water as it will just drain via gravity to a waste res. also, a $20 fountain pump and hose that you can run to a drain and just plug in is way less work than a shop vac daily. I run coco dtw on raceway tables but in a tent a ebb and flow table makes the most sense.

Madmax

Madmax

look on growell for rhizo systems.theyr run to waste and a buddy uses em and swears by em
.they look pretty good hey.i was going to use em.but didnt end up buying them only because of there height. 12cm.i know its frockall,i was blowing out abit trying to save all the height i can get..

Madmax

Madmax

I was looking to begin my first grow. Im going with a 5x5 Secret Jardin tent. I was thinking if a srcog setup in conjunction with a drain to waste setup using coco coir. I was curious as to how i would set this up? Should i use a tray for my plants so the waste collects in it and then suck it out with a wet vac? Has anyone run a set up like this before. Any and all help is welcome as thit is my first attempt.
i ended up getting couple garland trays for first grow and will b on a slight angle to collect runoff at front.and will use my wet vac to suck it up.i too thinking of scrog in 5x5 to keep plants even and keeping em low..
20180925 001135

Limonene

Limonene

@Limonene show this guy your gals ran on the rhizo.
Haven't got any photos I've deleted them but I'll snap one tomorrow. I like the rhizosystem I could leave my room for a week if I really wanted to and it would run in my absence. I literally have nothing to do now but stare at the plants. Lights are automated and dim if it's too hot, plants feed themselves, humidity gets lowered if necessary I've been made redundant in my own grow.

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

Haven't got any photos I've deleted them but I'll snap one tomorrow. I like the rhizosystem I could leave my room for a week if I really wanted to and it would run in my absence. I literally have nothing to do now but stare at the plants. Lights are automated and dim if it's too hot, plants feed themselves, humidity gets lowered if necessary I've been made redundant in my own grow.
i would prefer if my grow to be like that.
i can vouch that his grows are bang on with the rhyso system.if i had the £€$ for it i would get a rhyzo system myself.not that theyr that expensive,I'm just one skint fuck.

Madmax

Madmax

Its will work okay for me first go...actually i have made a scrog net 5x4 and f^%#ed up getting wrong thickness 20mm pvc piping and it bends in when i started weaving the string on...rookie mistake..I have made it smaller than 5x5 (x4 )at front so i can lean over to tuck tops under.it will b abit of struggle as my walls are fixed..it wont have any legs but hang with 2 ratchet straps holding it above plants.i can lower it of lift it up more depending on height of plants.watched a vid on how to make one..string has to be reasonably tight as branches will move the string.i put some T fittings on it.if i want to put legs on it of join another screen on top..im goint to scrap this one and get the propper thickness pvc.would work great i reckon..
20180925 171027

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

Its will work okay for me first go...actually i have made a scrog net 5x4 and f^%#ed up getting wrong thickness 20mm pvc piping and it bends in when i started weaving the string on...rookie mistake..I have made it smaller than 5x5 (x4 )at front so i can lean over to tuck tops under.it will b abit of struggle as my walls are fixed..it wont have any legs but hang with 2 ratchet straps holding it above plants.i can lower it of lift it up more depending on height of plants.watched a vid on how to make one..string has to be reasonably tight as branches will move the string.i put some T fittings on it.if i want to put legs on it of join another screen on top..im goint to scrap this one and get the propper thickness pvc.would work great i reckon..View attachment 831951
we'll that one looks fine from were I'm standing.

Madmax

Madmax

we'll that one looks fine from were I'm standing.
It does hey ..but im not happy with it.ive leaned on it when i had it in room and the string came undone from around the screws on perimeter in like half a dozen spots.you can grab a string and move it 4 rows left or right..the string is actually braid for curtains..its a little too thick.i wouldnt mind something like fishnet so the squares cant move.its pretty loose really .if a tighten it pvc will bend in heeeaps..ive got brickys string here thats thinner i can tighten screw up on it so it cant come off..ill make another.im a fussy bugger lol..

Limonene

Limonene

IMG 20180925 115816
IMG 20180925 115816

This Is about half my space the majority are on rhizosystem a few are on an nft table but are getting fed from the same rez as everything else. All plants get fed once a day for about 11 minutes achieving about 30% run off. I use 2 7000 liter pumps with 2 stakes in most plants but the largest have 3.

Madmax

Madmax

Gee you have that even..thats perfect.the buds look like they are in rows lol...
What strain is that.

Cheers max

Limonene

Limonene

Yeah man all slp3 on that side apart from the tall WiFi back left and a dark plasma that's pretty shit. It isn't nearly as uniform as that photo makes it look it was a lucky angle haha

S

S7ormShadow

View attachment 831967 View attachment 831967
This Is about half my space the majority are on rhizosystem a few are on an nft table but are getting fed from the same rez as everything else. All plants get fed once a day for about 11 minutes achieving about 30% run off. I use 2 7000 liter pumps with 2 stakes in most plants but the largest have 3.
That is a gorgeouss room. I hope one day to be that good.

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

Yeah man all slp3 on that side apart from the tall WiFi back left and a dark plasma that's pretty shit. It isn't nearly as uniform as that photo makes it look it was a lucky angle haha
your just being modest

Top Bottom