Drain to Waste run-off question

• Thread starter 1971
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

I'm doing a top drip DTW using 6" rockwool cubes. Currently I'm running my nutrients at 5.8ph and around 800ppm in the first week of flowering. I'm watering for about 6.5 minutes once a day using a mixture of 2 .5gph emitters or 1gph emitters... depending on the size of the plants when i set the system up.

So my question has to do with testing the run-off. It is at about 6.5ph and 500ppm. It looks like I can drop my ppm's going in, but was wondering if the higher pH is normal? I guess I'm not sure how to interpret the data or what I might need to look for in future readings.

thank you :)

reeldrag

reeldrag

drop your ph to 5 then your middle ground will fall between 5.5 to 5.7 which is where the sweet spot always seemed to be for me but even at 6.5 your not hurting anything I always found that aslong as it stays between 5 to 6.7 I never had any problems and yes its normal and as plants use nutes and water ph will jump around because they dont use them in equal parts or times but sounds pretty normal to me from what u discribed is happening. Good luck

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

I use rockwool DTW. I pre soak wool before use at 5.5 for 1/2 hr. Water through with 1/2 strength nutes when you put the plant in the cube. Don't water till almost 100% dry. I start off at one feed every other day, then to once a day. After flip, and stacking on a slab, I water twice a day. I water for enough time to see a decent flow out of the bottom of the cube or slab. No more is necessary if you ask me. I PH my tank at 5.6, and never check runoff. Just let your plants tell you what they want. I use 1.4 EC for veg, and go up to 1.8 EC at peak flower at most. I also just use Jack's Hydroponic nutes w/ epsom salts. Works great for me.

-TF

Top Bottom