draining table/tray design 4 pots 2 sit on

• Thread starter Dobegarden
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Dobegarden

I'm currently growing in a 1.4msq grow tent and have 16 plants.

I am hand watering Co Co and need a few ideas of how best to deal with my run-off water when moving individual pots and trays becomes a logistical nightmare!

I'm thinking of building a sort of table for the pots to sit on, i will then water the pots and any run off would collect in a reseroir bellow, obviously the top of the table would be a mesh like mateial, or some sort of hosing would have to be used.

Does or has anyone come accross this problem, would this help roots more then sitting in trays.

Any suggestions geatly appreciated!

D

DoubleDub

it wont help the roots much more expect your going to be eliminating capilary action of waste water possibly leading to salt buildup. A simple table is easy to build using a sheet of ply wood, 2x4, lined with plastic or polyurethane and a sink drain. use cinder blocks to raise it and use 2x4 to raise 3 of the 4 corners. All your water will flow to the drain in the lower corner and it will be much easier to collect and dispose run off. PM me if you want pics. Iv'e built four of these tables in the past and they all work great!

R

Rolln J

I know somebody with a small tent (low overhead) who uses a shop vac to suck up the run off...

D

DoubleDub

WHAT!!! RJ thats brilliant and yet straight comedy at the same time. With a grow tent i didn't even think about the height issue.

Your post and a pic of a mushroom growing out of the bottom hole of a pot made my night! im off to bed

R

Rolln J

WHAT!!! RJ thats brilliant and yet straight comedy at the same time. With a grow tent i didn't even think about the height issue.

Your post and a pic of a mushroom growing out of the bottom hole of a pot made my night! im off to bed

lol serious?

thats a close up of a trichome...

E

easypleasie

lol serious?

LOL!

Hey doubledub, I use trays to collect all my runoff. It just drains into a bucket where I reuse it on house plants. You could build one but if you didn't feel like putting the time/labor/supplies into it, just buy one! A 4x4 tray should fit nicely.

S

SimplyGreen

Lowes has 2'x3' mortar tubs for $11 that make decent trays. I double them up per table and use another to catch my runoff. It's an option if you're looking to do things on the cheap.

R

Rolln J

Lowes has 2'x3' mortar tubs for $11 that make decent trays. I double them up per table and use another to catch my runoff. It's an option if you're looking to do things on the cheap.

used those for years when I was a dirt farmer... good tip.

D

DoubleDub

lol serious?

Hahaha bull shit :giggle
http://img27.invalid.com/img27/8546/mushroome.jpg

Comedy right!??!!

I was talkin about that pic. Then i saw your post and they both made my night.

D

DoubleDub

Hey doubledub, I use trays to collect all my runoff. It just drains into a bucket where I reuse it on house plants. You could build one but if you didn't feel like putting the time/labor/supplies into it, just buy one! A 4x4 tray should fit nicely.

Yea I kinda over looked the fact that he's in a tent. I've always done large scale stuff and buying the big trays are ridiculous. Plus I like to make them custom sized to fit perfectly.

R

Rolln J

Hahaha bull shit :giggle
http://img27.invalid.com/img27/8546/mushroome.jpg

Comedy right!??!!

I was talkin about that pic. Then i saw your post and they both made my night.

rofl - I didnt see that - seemed like a reference to my avatar - my bad!

Top Bottom