dream commercial grow space'(s) design

• Thread starter FLB
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
FLB

FLB

So being in one of America's finer moments have left me with a 13000 sq ft free span building sitting empty for the last year. I live in a med state and am getting ready to set up commercial grow spaces. I'm in the research stage as we speak. I wanted to ask the pro's here what is their dream space and what would it consist of. Or, what is your idea of the perfect landlord? As of now, I am looking at charging a base rate for the sq ft and build to suit after that. That leaves it pretty wide open for custom tailoring to each renter. Any thoughts would be great......Peace
FLB:afroweed:

J

Jalisco Kid

I do not think growers have a herd mentality. I would not want to grow in a building with a bunch of pot growers for my security or my girls health. I could just imagine some killer pm and borg outbreaks in there. But if dreamin is involved I could see it as my farm and research development center. JK

GOTO-gumi

GOTO-gumi

Ideas been done in the City and Sac and FAILED every time. in one case the renters got bent and the guy you would be is facing charges for the entire grow, but good luck.

due diligence would tell you to look at IGROW and their consulting services, which fails because it violates the first rule of growing security

Goto 893

R

RMCG

I do not think growers have a herd mentality. I would not want to grow in a building with a bunch of pot growers for my security or my girls health. I could just imagine some killer pm and borg outbreaks in there. But if dreamin is involved I could see it as my farm and research development center. JK

I'm with ya on that.

There were a few places here that were offering up spaces to growers. They dealt with the security, utilities, etc.

I just imagined a disease fest similar to the Jersey Shore.

JACKMAYOFFER

JACKMAYOFFER

Playing with Fire Son...
Supporter
First off you would have to dump 100 k plus in new power drops to support each room and thats if your main can support multipole drops, Im just getting done with a project 2 x 800 amp mains at 3 phase 480 volt divided into 8 rooms at 200 amp each room 120 /240 volt single phase and when all is said and done 100k plus. Then you have to build the rooms lumber, insulation ,dry wall, finishers , paint etc 30 x30 rooms thats another 10 k if you do it your self bring in a contractor 25 to 30 k ...Your looking at a shit load of money that you will not get back for at least 6 months to a year...Unless your in the buisness Im talking knowing what your doing I would not even start on a project this size...JACK

FLB

FLB

Ideas been done in the City and Sac and FAILED every time. in one case the renters got bent and the guy you would be is facing charges for the entire grow, but good luck.

due diligence would tell you to look at IGROW and their consulting services, which fails because it violates the first rule of growing security

Goto 893

That's not something I wanted to hear....I wonder if he was somehow tied into the grow. I probably will do some more checking with the state and law enforcement. As far as the build out....I am in the business and have ample power to the building and would run seperate meters inside. More control for the landlord. I would only look at doing 3-4 units that would be completely sealed from one another. It seems if the med states now are pushing for more of a non profit co-op type businesses and thought this would fit it perfect. maybe not... You are right JK, most do not want any neighbors that close but have had alot of interest as well.

FLB

FLB

First off you would have to dump 100 k plus in new power drops to support each room and thats if your main can support multipole drops, Im just getting done with a project 2 x 800 amp mains at 3 phase 480 volt divided into 8 rooms at 200 amp each room 120 /240 volt single phase and when all is said and done 100k plus. Then you have to build the rooms lumber, insulation ,dry wall, finishers , paint etc 30 x30 rooms thats another 10 k if you do it your self bring in a contractor 25 to 30 k ...Your looking at a shit load of money that you will not get back for at least 6 months to a year...Unless your in the buisness Im talking knowing what your doing I would not even start on a project this size...JACK

Jack, thanks for stopping in....I have 400 amp 3 phase 480v and was going to go with 4 rooms. I think I will be ok if I do indeed do this. Have you checked into steel stud framing with steel liner panel. I figured when this all dies off if it does I could reclaim all the material real easy. With my security deposit I would charge would come really close to covering the cost of the walls and extra meter/misc. As far as a secure property. It is in a very rural part of the county. Mad props by the way on your grows.

Z

zoeronerer

i have worked in lofts in oakland that have kind of an open policy ..... what i would suggest is to maybe do it with one or two renters that are serious and split it in half and dont tell them about each other ... that square footage aint that big .....make everyone sign the thick lease with drug clause in it to keep you safe as the landlord and let them enjoy the space ... nothing beats a cool landlord . i have had 3 that made my life a beautiful place for many years in the bay... you have to really feel out the tenant and be willing to gamble on them ....

or ahemmm screw everyone else and rock it make sure the meds are getting to people with real problems instead of kids in high school and work with a good club.. (if there is one).................

420Gator

420Gator

if your gonna go through all that work and be held liable for all the contents of the building I think it may be wiser to just make it your own dream grow. I personally wouldn't grow there no matter how nice the set up, no offense.

M

MASSES 420KING

if you had a farm a big farm then that would work but in a building noway jose that is just asking to be raided by cops or dea or worse rippers who have no moral compass shit you mite even get killed awesome idea in a perfect world but in this world its just asking for problems

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

Not sure if renting it out to several MMJ patients would be a GOOD idea. It's a rule of thumb to keep your location a secret and having several people growing in one location just sounds like a bad idea. All it would take would be one person to screw up and show the WRONG buddy.

Perhaps doing your own thing there and not telling a soul about it would be more wise.

Midnight_son

Midnight_son

Premium Member
Supporter
13000 sq. ft is quite a bit of space. You could rent out 2500 to each of 4 renters and still have some parking space.:rauch08:
How wide is the building?

S

SomeoneYouKnow

13000 sq. ft is quite a bit of space. You could rent out 2500 to each of 4 renters and still have some parking space.:rauch08:
How wide is the building?

Hell, you could rent out 2500 to FIVE people, and still have parking room!

Yay, my 50th post. (finally)

SYK

FLB

FLB

looking at just that.... 4 renters, 2500 sq ft each. .80 a sq a month. They would all know each other and are co-oping now. My state is getting ready to throw the clamp down and track every gram if they can. State inspectors visiting frequently along with lawyers. I have worked to hard to lose this thing to some dumb ass. The crime is very low as of now and it is out in the country. No one is allowed on property other than renters/employees. I will still run my bus on one end. It's either give the keys to the bank now or chance it on this mmj thing and maybe I will still lose it the end. Who knows...got to do what you got to do

thetreegrowerrr

thetreegrowerrr

security...security...security!!! what all of us growers live for!

G

ghostfacegrower

place sounds like a rippers dream.
yall gather together ill be in da bat cave.

D

dusty

Dream commercial space...well there would be a very big light bill..so I went out doors with it :)

If I was going to do an indoor set up again I would set up 4 x 14 light rooms 12 x 36 with 10 plants per room with a modified krusty set up (3.5 gallon in a 7 gallon , perlite , regen blower all 1Ks) 5 ton a/c per room... 40 plants in flower 40 plants in veg with 16 moms and 56kW ..should be able to get 100 pounds at a time..not bad for indoor :) That's how I'd do it if I was doing indoor again.. I'd have 28kW + veg/moms going on the generator at once.

Furry Love Bunny is that you?

420Gator

420Gator

looking at just that.... 4 renters, 2500 sq ft each. .80 a sq a month. They would all know each other and are co-oping now. My state is getting ready to throw the clamp down and track every gram if they can. State inspectors visiting frequently along with lawyers. I have worked to hard to lose this thing to some dumb ass. The crime is very low as of now and it is out in the country. No one is allowed on property other than renters/employees. I will still run my bus on one end. It's either give the keys to the bank now or chance it on this mmj thing and maybe I will still lose it the end. Who knows...got to do what you got to do

damn thats a bold move, I respect that. I still say you grow your own shit. Way more profit and you dont have anyone to count on but yourself. If i were you with all that space id try to replicate Jacks 60kw grow as best I could. A harvest like that should keep the bank happy for a couple months.:weed-sign:

Y

yeeyee

if u did that u would haft to have security and tons of cameras and ninja tom cruz from the last samurai to protect that shit!

Latest posts

Top Bottom