dream room design; input please!

• Thread starter Gnostic
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

Gnostic

I am looking for input for my next room. currently in the drafting stage. room size will be 22' x 20' i have look at possibly dividing into 2.
1. system: 9 five gal bucket RDWC w/ 1 in line, 10 gal. res.and 1/4 hp. chiller. per system.. 5 systems in room. res and chiller outside of room in cooler room.
2. environment closed sealed room{s} Co2 enrichment, hepa air in filtered going out at night.
3. fans. 14 osc. 18" fans on walls as well as 8 osc floor fans. == 1 fan every 5 feet along walls and 2 fans on the floor between rows.
4.lighting XXXL hoods electronic ballast x 15 cooled by air.
5. air stone supply 110l pumps per system.
[closing off 3 of the 12 valves.}
6. A/C not sure where i'm going here yet.

input please!!! to much to little ...original design had me going for 20 lamps power co. loves me

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

if going sealed Id recommend going non air cooled as well. May I suggest gavita for that as well. AC is around 3-500 btu per 1000w. dont quote me but most use around 2.5 ton for 6000 w. Ac seems to be the thing you dont want to skimp on.
MW

G

Gnostic

gavita a thought not sure on yields compared to standard hps. have seen differing thought and not convinced yet. convince me! I get 22 oz per lamp without Co2 now and want to work up from here. 10% loss min. from lenses is a concern. 5 tons of a/c in the heat of summer would be sufficient even for the 16 lamp configuration. climate and all taken into consideration.

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

5 tons will work lol. Gavita boasts a 95% par reduction after one year of use meaning bulb savings alone will pay for the unit alone in a couple years f you change every 2-3 months. The research seems extensive and the price for the unit (which was designed around the bulb) retail is 450$ for the 600w pro. I paid 300$ for mine but 7 were ordered at one time. Never underestimate bargaining and theyre 50% markup. Setups on the market arent made to mate with eachother. Just research some and other forums to decide for yourself but I hope I helped some.
MW

K

kushtrees

With sealed rooms you want 5000 btu per light for your AC, you can do 4000 btu per light if your air cooling but who wants that.

I'm assuming your not doing vertical lighting so ima say go with adjust a wings and lots of AC you will thank me later when your room is ducting free and sooo much easier.

I would also consider condensing those systems... 9 systems means, 9 times mixing nutes, 9 systems to watch the pH and ppms on, etc that's a lot of work IMO. I have 2 resses that run my stuff and that's a bitch enough

Can't wait to see what you do... I wish I had that much space

J

Jalisco Kid

Much more a/c unless it never gets above 70*. Floor fans 20"(air kings) Maybe 3x the money you have planned for. Suerte JK

G

Gnostic

5 tons will work lol. Gavita boasts a 95% par reduction after one year of use meaning bulb savings alone will pay for the unit alone in a couple years f you change every 2-3 months. The research seems extensive and the price for the unit (which was designed around the bulb) retail is 450$ for the 600w pro. I paid 300$ for mine but 7 were ordered at one time. Never underestimate bargaining and theyre 50% markup. Setups on the market arent made to mate with eachother. Just research some and other forums to decide for yourself but I hope I helped some.
MW
what kind of yield are you getting compared to traditional HID lamps 1000w? bud density? 600w at the end of the day is still 600w...but I have looked at thier 1000w lamp may be a choice if going ductless. thx.

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

I actually prefer 1000w myself but my dads room and space really works well with 600s and thats his preference. I just pulled a pound a light on some hodge podge shit my first run in the room under 600s. Nothing was ideal it was just a feet off the ground thing until the room was built. I would have gone adjusta wings but the research made me go with gavitas. If they suck you will know for sure and I will go with plan b
MW

G

Gnostic

With sealed rooms you want 5000 btu per light for your AC, you can do 4000 btu per light if your air cooling but who wants that.

I'm assuming your not doing vertical lighting so ima say go with adjust a wings and lots of AC you will thank me later when your room is ducting free and sooo much easier.

I would also consider condensing those systems... 9 systems means, 9 times mixing nutes, 9 systems to watch the pH and ppms on, etc that's a lot of work IMO. I have 2 resses that run my stuff and that's a bitch enough

Can't wait to see what you do... I wish I had that much space
actually after a long session last night w/ a old friend I am going to divide and conquer, 2 rooms 2 systems ea. rooms having 4 week staggered starts "9 plants per system" 8 lamps per room 10' x 22'or w/ little design change I can get a 24' run. as for extra res's 4 per week to drain and remix for daily maintenance will be on auto top up. I start at 5.5 in the res.and by the end of the week i'm at 5.9 to 6.0 ////just good old lake water.

G

Gnostic

I actually prefer 1000w myself but my dads room and space really works well with 600s and thats his preference. I just pulled a pound a light on some hodge podge shit my first run in the room under 600s. Nothing was ideal it was just a feet off the ground thing until the room was built. I would have gone adjusta wings but the research made me go with gavitas. If they suck you will know for sure and I will go with plan b
MW
Ive grown w/ 400 and 1000 but damn man your talking about 14 of these to give equal light, maybe i'll do 1 room of ea and compare. truly i've got 5 months till i can build this all out. with their stats and equal light spread maybe but bud density is always a factor. have to seriously consider this option thx

G

Gnostic

Much more a/c unless it never gets above 70*. Floor fans 20"(air kings) Maybe 3x the money you have planned for. Suerte JK
love air king 18 or 20 on the walls and smaller 12 table tops on the floor 2 between each row as for a/c still shopping mini split should work big one though.

G

Gnostic

MW
just another thought a friend had a grow with 1500w lamps a while back, not as efficient but heat wise comparable to 1000w . know anything on these beast of the HID world.

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

I do not sorry but have seen them wondering the same.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
I would not air cool the lights. Hang em bare if you can. 1000w's. You may want to look in to water cooling to save power. I am thinking of going that route on my new spot. Otherwise I would drop 10 tons of AC in that bitch. A 5 ton will BARELY cool 9 barebulbs. Especially in the summer. Trust me on that one.

You may need to upgrade your panel for all that power you're gonna pull, unless you do a flip flop.

G

Gnostic

I would not air cool the lights. Hang em bare if you can. 1000w's. You may want to look in to water cooling to save power. I am thinking of going that route on my new spot. Otherwise I would drop 10 tons of AC in that bitch. A 5 ton will BARELY cool 9 barebulbs. Especially in the summer. Trust me on that one.

You may need to upgrade your panel for all that power you're gonna pull, unless you do a flip flop.
flip flop is in the plan at this point, that is a shit ton of a/c though 3 phase required will look at this very serious though as bare is best.probably need 400a service in the end any who.

J

Jalisco Kid

love air king 18 or 20 on the walls and smaller 12 table tops on the floor 2 between each row as for a/c still shopping mini split should work big one though.
Unless you are in canada your wasting time on a/c. Soo many people want to grow big but waste their money. You want to play you got to pay.

G

Gnostic

Unless you are in canada your wasting time on a/c. Soo many people want to grow big but waste their money. You want to play you got to pay.
close just across the blue water and a little drive north away from the people. already at 22 per lamp trim-able looking to increase that current room runs 4 lamps, over 12, day time temps 77 - 80 degrees water temp 65 constant night time 67-70. I plan to increase day time to 85 with co2 and maintain nighttime at 70. water will remain 65 for a myriad of reasons. still looking into what I can get in here for power. 200a is standard.

J

Jalisco Kid

Yo
close just across the blue water and a little drive north away from the people. already at 22 per lamp trim-able looking to increase that current room runs 4 lamps, over 12, day time temps 77 - 80 degrees water temp 65 constant night time 67-70. I plan to increase day time to 85 with co2 and maintain nighttime at 70. water will remain 65 for a myriad of reasons. still looking into what I can get in here for power. 200a is standard.
I would keep my temps much closer( read up on greenhouse flower production),and would prefer not to go over 78* air temps with a rh of 70%.. Suerte JK

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

what system were you looking into cap? I seen the opticlimate which looked cool but not enough info and need those fun tickets.
MW

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
what system were you looking into cap? I seen the opticlimate which looked cool but not enough info and need those fun tickets.
MW

The optclimates are nice but they are prohibitively expensive. You need some serious coin to cool 16k of barebulb. I would rather get a nice dehuey and a 5 ton water chiller and air handler.

Latest posts

Top Bottom