Drench with mighty wash to kill root aphids...Good idea or bad idea?

• Thread starter Shamrock
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Shamrock

I tried calling NPK industries to ask them about doing and soil drench with mighty wash but the voice mail msg asks you to leave the DATE that you are calling lol. So I emailed them.

The way it was explained to me is, mighty wash holds a frequency and causes mites to not be able to move. Therefore they cant eat or breed. After trying almost every product the hydro shop had for mites I ended up ordering floramite, avid, and forbid and using them one after another with 6 days in between each. Worked like a champ. I got mites again recently and decided to try mighty wash out because the mites were in my flower room of all places and I wasn't about to go spraying harsh chemicals on flowering plants.

A long story short...the mighty wash worked but, it left a coating on the leaves. That's why i'm thinking it wont work as a drench.

I keep moms in promix and they dont have aphids yet that I have seen.

I recently started switching from DWC to coco and I have hundreds of dollars in seedlings in coco. All of the plants in coco are healty but, I see the aphids on the plants once in a while. 1 DWC plant just wilted and died suddenly (White S1) and another huge DWC is wilting but not dead yeat. I have treated everything with Bayer fruit, vegtable, and something or other that was recommended at another site. I just want to be SURE I kill ALL of these bastards. Some experienced help would be greatly appreciated.

ogplatinum

ogplatinum

I took my girls out of their containers....Sprayed the roots down reallllll generously with mightly wash...And then did a SNS-203 drench and I havent had that many more problems!

Try it!

C

captaincaveman

yeah go a head its pretty much just water. i did it in sun shine mix #4 and it killed the aphids and it did absolutely nothing to my plants negatively. just dont mix it with nutes just pour it in the pot straight!

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
HOW THE FUCK DOES WATER HOLD FREQUENCY?????

Mighty wash... or HOG wash..?

Their label is the most ambiguous one I have seen to date.

Water has a resonant frequency which is based on its mass (i.e 1 ml, 1 gallon, etc..)

You cannot charge it with a "frequency" and expect it to stay there.

Water does react in different ways when placed under different frequencies (like in a microwave), but it only reacts when the frequency is applied and thats it.

FREQUENCY WATER= BULLSHIT

TEST THE PPM OF MIGHTY WASH> TEST THE PH... HAS ANYONE DONE THIS?????????

I think if you do you will see its not frequency, but high ppm alkaline water.

S

Shamrock

Its not BS it works I have used it

Ok if its just high alkaline then it probably wont work on RA's......?

ogplatinum

ogplatinum

HOW THE FUCK DOES WATER HOLD FREQUENCY?????

Mighty wash... or HOG wash..?

Their label is the most ambiguous one I have seen to date.

Water has a resonant frequency which is based on its mass (i.e 1 ml, 1 gallon, etc..)

You cannot charge it with a "frequency" and expect it to stay there.

Water does react in different ways when placed under different frequencies (like in a microwave), but it only reacts when the frequency is applied and thats it.

FREQUENCY WATER= BULLSHIT

TEST THE PPM OF MIGHTY WASH> TEST THE PH... HAS ANYONE DONE THIS?????????

I think if you do you will see its not frequency, but high ppm alkaline water.

You used it?

altimood

altimood

Mighty Wash actually splits spider mites in half. If you go back and look after a treatment, it looks like they have been sliced in half with a samurai sword. It pretty amazing. A friend told me it has something to do with an ionized sugar or some craziness. I honestly don't know how it works, but it works damn good. I'm not convinced it kills eggs but it kills every live might it hits. Now after endless battles with root aphids, I have wondered about a drench with mighty wash. TRY IT!!! If it works you'll be a hero and a pioneer in the war on root aphids! But you might consider a flush after. If you mix MET 52 into your medium from the start of your grow cycle, you will not have a problem with root aphids. Just thought I'd throw that in there. Met 52 is the best solution to root aphids IMHO but it has to be used from the very start. Good luck.

O

oldschooltofu

i drenched my soil last night.
got a good deal on 2.5gal from the store that helps make and market mitywash
i replaced my sticky traps with clean ones, no new adults yet but it has only been 12 hours.

got met 52 on the way, so i plan on adding that to the soil on monday.

i really hope i can kill all these bugs. they are everywhere, had to clean my fans and wipe down all surfaces.

altimood

altimood

i drenched my soil last night.
got a good deal on 2.5gal from the store that helps make and market mitywash
i replaced my sticky traps with clean ones, no new adults yet but it has only been 12 hours.

got met 52 on the way, so i plan on adding that to the soil on monday.

i really hope i can kill all these bugs. they are everywhere, had to clean my fans and wipe down all surfaces.

how far along are you bro?

O

oldschooltofu

4 going on 5 weeks

they said not a great idea on bare roots in hydro since there is a small amount of oils in the Mitey wash.

but i am in coco/perlite hand watering
so i am gonna flush in a few days and add some hygrozime, kelp, b1 and return to regular nutrients.

meanwhile i have also been foliar feeding lightly.

i have some droppage of bottom leaves. and one is worse than the other 4 plants.

plan on also adding the met 52 to all new clones i just took to keep the strains alive, cause i had to kill the mothers. i always try to have to treat as little as possible and remove any un nessary plants/soil to minimize the problem.

O

oldschooltofu

so not a single sign of any bugs yet, not 1 flyer. and i had lots
NPS for 2 days really killed all the flyers (been picking them off sticky leaves now with tweezers). yesterday i washed off all the leaves to get the nps off them, also flushed the roots and added hygrozime/nutrients.
some of them had pretty good root structure.

dosed all my plants that i intend to keep with mitywash on friday. 5 in veg in plastic cups and 5 in flower in ~4gal pots. used 2.4 gal

i am really worried i reinfected myself since i had these last winter.
i feel the eggs are in my fans or filters. or something i missed
anyone know of a sure way to kill the eggs?
gonna bomb with Pyrethium and bleach and h202 EVERYTHING after harvest.
replacing all plastic buckets, probably replacing can filter.
how do i clean the fans?
i am in a garage, and need to clean the floor and possibly bomb the entire garage???

hopefully the MET 52 will be well established in my next grow so if any eggs do hatch they will be killed in the soil.

O

oldschooltofu

still no sign of any bugs.

i have plans to replace any air ducting, recirculating fans and all pots after this harvest.
met arrives today, will innoculate all coco with it tonight.

O

oldschooltofu

still no bugs.
just innoculated all pots and future coco, with met 52. fingers crossed
thinking i should do another drench this week. eggs probably hatching soon.

altimood

altimood

Hey buddy, just wanted to let you know that root aphid eggs hatch inside the parent bug and they are laid. So they are born by a parent in multiples. Kinda like puppies. Keep us posted on how the Met is working for you. Here's a little root aphid video:

http://youtu.be/iXqAZdto8R8

Fight hard!

deep buddy

deep buddy

the only things that have worked for me are pyganic( in soiless) dont think tha would work for bareroot but check it out. and my new favorite killer spectracide(triazicide) kills em instantly. used it in coco, soiless, and rockwool. get it at casa depot worth a shot for 9+$. has a 21 day to harvest warning on label so for your 5 weeks unless you have 3 weeks i wouldnt use it. good luck. i hate those little bastatrds kill em all!

O

oldschooltofu

still no bugs, no flyers, no crawling on the pots.

been a week since i mighty washed

also added met52 a few days ago. so that is innoculating in the coco.

i really hope i killed them
at the first sign of any new bugs i will be doing another mightywash drench.

my nugs are looking nice and dense but small golfball sizes. but i am not going for yield, just personal. they also seem to be maturing faster red hairs at week 5.5 on a 9-10 wk strain??? my Mr. nice is turning purple :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom