Drilling 2 8" holes for intake. Any help?

• Thread starter juggernaut
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
FiveAM

FiveAM

TL: DR; stupid dicks.

Hey just a thought, but wouldn't it be easier to just remove a couple of the glass block windows, assuming you have that type, or the window in the basement and use that??

OR

If you aren't in the basement, using the window itself? you could take the whole window out, and build something to fit the vents and conceal it all together. I'm assuming you are venting out the back or in some location that isn't highly noticeable from the neighbors.

I don't know, I just thinking drilling big ass holes in the brick is just going make ALOT of noise, cause some commotion around the house, attract attention, possible code enforcement..etc.

sedate

sedate

TL: DR; stupid dicks.
I don't know, I just thinking drilling big ass holes in the brick is just going make ALOT of noise, cause some commotion around the house, attract attention, possible code enforcement..etc.

Yea juggernaut clearly has no idea the extent of what he is trying to do - especially considering he didn't even know he needed 8" holes until I explained it to him on another thread.

If you sort of put together all of his install parameters with his (complete absence) knowledge of tools and general contracting - he's going to make a big mess and make permanent modifications to real-estate for a grow he will very likely have to continue to modify once he actually has the thing up and running.

But heh - he's been growing since 1994!

juggernaut said:
Yeah no question he is a dick!!!

green punk said:
Sedate you never cease to amaze me. Dude, you are an ass.

Because I didn't tell the OP what he wants to hear? Because I provided the OP with an alternative install design that saves the OP a lot of money and a lot of time for the same results?

And you greenpunk chimed in with - nothing - except an ad hominem attack? Why don't you tell me where I am wrong greenpunk?

Oh. You can't.

juggernaut you didn't even know you needed 8" holes until I did the 7th grade geometry and explained it to you!

If I'm a dick, you're a moron.

And I've scraped more weed off my scissors than you've smoked in your life.

Believe that.

juggernaut

juggernaut

again trying to make yourself feel better by thinking you're mr. no it all....sad u have to live like that every day.

Unlike sedick I will back up my work by pics and of my garden not pics I found on the internet.

Maybe you're folks found out at a young age you weren't going to amount to much and that is why u always have to pat yourself on the back.

Anyways it seems as your quite disliked from others on the forum....

Keep trolling away and I hope you get the help that you need...and maybe a friend or 2....

juggernaut

juggernaut

They look great. Should be set up in about 3 wweeks......Really starting to look good

Cort

Cort

If you push the air thru the hoods they will not leak odor out, but leak fresh air in. Then you will have a slight positive pressure to the room and THAT will cause some minor odor leak into your nongrow space.

ghost79

ghost79

How many 1000 watt HPS's could I use in a 10'x10'-12' room using a 12,000 BTU portable A/C?

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

If you push the air thru the hoods they will not leak odor out, but leak fresh air in. Then you will have a slight positive pressure to the room and THAT will cause some minor odor leak into your nongrow space.
^truth (but really wish it wasn't, cause sucking has issues too - just gotta filter/ozone it..)

all good shit otherwise on this thread, hahahahahaa

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
^truth (but really wish it wasn't, cause sucking has issues too - just gotta filter/ozone it..)
hey man do you have much exp with ozone machines?...i have a big unit i bought a long time ago, but never ran it cause the stuff i read about what it does to plants flavor ect ect...but i have been reading about what you said...no scrubber, just ozone :D..the problem is that it has a 99min timer..but it has a percentage control ...you turn it on 100% and you better get out of the room cause it will steal the o2 fast...its a us electrionics com. unit..maybe a way to get past the timer and keep the % control o_O all digi tho ...hmm

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
edit that 99 hour timer :eek:

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
sounds like a vortex of lightning bolts on 100%...smells like a lightning storm also lol

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

a little, i've used a couple different kinds. be really careful, and don't breathe that lightning storm air! ozone is a total no-go around the plants, and humans too for that matter (at least in the amounts used to kill stink). my old setup had ozone in an attic area where i was dumping air from lights and AC, which vented to the outdoors, definitely not ok in living or workspaces.

as to the actual units, the ones i've seen fall into 3 categories: hydroscam models (which are prob the easiest for our application, usually duct-mounted?), commercial-style (hotels, crimescene cleanup, etc), and finally home-models (usually combined with some shitty filter and maybe ionizer, many were recalled due to dangerous ozone levels). i've seen the home versions in thrift-shops cheap (bought 3 of the worst/high-ozone recalled ones for $10, worked great). the recalled home units were so bad that some of them pumped out what the small commercial units can do (obviously for use in uninhabited areas only).

***PLEASE keep in mind, these things can burn your lungs irreparably, as in life will suck forever after that (if you live). IF YOU SMELL HEAVY OZONE, get the fuck out and air the place out. A little won't kill you (notice the smell during rain/thunderstorms?), but in a sealed room it will harm plants at lower levels than we might even notice. And then of course there's the O2 replacement issue Jim mentioned..

SodaLicious

SodaLicious

i am hoping that a 12,000 will be enough to cool a 9x9 with 3400 bare bulb watts

Top Bottom