Drinking from a Cattle Trough

• Thread starter jadins_journey
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
Few more steps for this round. In the freezer overnight to separate out the wax. It should harden off so the liquid can be siphoned out. It’s figuring out the process I enjoy. Bonus is to sample the final product.

It was a busy morning in the shop. Gave the plants a bath. Wet plants are a rare sight indoors.

View attachment 2093195
Hell yeah! As long as the airflow is bumping there ain’t no reason why not. I actually adopted your proactive approach to cleaning, Critters, molds all of that. Better to be proactive here. Killing it brother. 👊🏻🤡

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
Hell yeah! As long as the airflow is bumping there ain’t no reason why not. I actually adopted your proactive approach to cleaning, Critters, molds all of that. Better to be proactive here. Killing it brother. 👊🏻🤡
It’s gonna happen captain. Like it or not. It will eventually happen.

Me back not too long ago:
I wanna grow pot
Growing is fun
Growing is easy
What the FUCK is that
Burn the whole crop in the fire pit

Nowadays I try and keep that last step from happening, again

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
It’s gonna happen captain. Like it or not. It will eventually happen.

Me back not too long ago:
I wanna grow pot
Growing is fun
Growing is easy
What the FUCK is that
Burn the whole crop in the fire pit

Nowadays I try and keep that last step from happening, again
I have had a few run ins with critters over the years. Usually thrips here in my neck of the woods. I haven’t had to destroy anything yet. I do go above and beyond ensuring that my grow spaces are closed from invasion and stowaways. But yeah you ain’t kidding, it IS gonna happen regardless, i have a hard time remembering I had the thought to grow. Long time ago at this point. It’s still very fun to me though. I don’t think that will ever change.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts and experiences. You sir are one of the greats here. 👊🏻🤡

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
I have had a few run ins with critters over the years. Usually thrips here in my neck of the woods. I haven’t had to destroy anything yet. I do go above and beyond ensuring that my grow spaces are closed from invasion and stowaways. But yeah you ain’t kidding, it IS gonna happen regardless, i have a hard time remembering I had the thought to grow. Long time ago at this point. It’s still very fun to me though. I don’t think that will ever change.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts and experiences. You sir are one of the greats here. 👊🏻🤡
Different topic but the same applies to growing. Keeping your head in the sand leaves the ass exposed.

Redneckx

Redneckx

This first run has been fun, a real learning opportunity to say the least. Temp control was difficult in an unheated shop in the Midwest on new years weekend lol. I decided to pass with the recovery system and focused mainly on the heat side.

All in all a decent yield of 6.5 grams from 30 grams of flower. Now to test, 😎

View attachment 2093716
Looks blaaack! Love it, like buthan extractions I made with a friend 10years ago, it was always too strong and wasn't clean as it should. 😮‍💨

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
Looks blaaack! Love it, like buthan extractions I made with a friend 10years ago, it was always too strong and wasn't clean as it should. 😮‍💨
Hear that bro! The Buckner funnel keeps it clean but yes it can be too much burning in the quad coil. Little bit on top of some flower will work just fine though. That little extra we sometimes want 😉

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
weekly -

The wife's - these are fun. costs basically nothing (<$4.00 a month) for nutrients.
IMG 1486

Cloner - took some fresh cuttings 4 lines in clone, 7 total in the system
IMG 1479

Veg - This is the White Truffle / C-Man edition. She is a beauty, 10 mains and she isn't 8 inches tall. Couple others to flower if need be
IMG 1480

Chemdog #4 / okie - 38 days flower
IMG 1474

DeathStar/GoJo - 38 days flower
IMG 1473

Oreoz/okie - 3 days flower. Stretch on the mains has stopped for the most part, secondary growth is filling in nicely.
IMG 1472

IMG 1482

IMG 1477

IMG 1478

jj

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
When I said "it will happen" I didn't mean for it to be happening right then, but it was and I just couldn't see it yet.

They are back, spider mites that is. One of the little visitors I get from time to time. These guys are picky, love some strains and stay away from others. I had hung the trellis over the tray next to this plant just 12 hours before and I didn't see anything on this gal. But they were there looking at me LOL!
IMG 1492

First thing is to understand the lifecycle:
Wikipedia:
Spider mites on a lemon plant
Hot, dry conditions are often associated with population build-up of spider mites. Under optimal conditions (approximately 27 °C), the two-spotted spider mite can hatch in as little as 3 days, and become sexually mature in as little as 5 days. One female can lay up to 20 eggs per day and can live for 2 to 4 weeks, laying hundreds of eggs. This accelerated reproductive rate allows spider mite populations to adapt quickly to resist pesticides, so chemical control methods can become somewhat ineffectual when the same pesticide is used over a prolonged period.[3]

So that bit of info tells me I need to break that cycle by repeat treatment every 3 days. I use GrowSafe:
IMG 1497

Safe to use up to harvest, kills on contact and smells like week old cooking oil at the fast food joint. I want to thank a fellow member for pointing me to this product; @Deadstill owe ya one buddy!

Application method is as important as what your applying. I want everything and I mean everything wet. Graco does that for me.
IMG 1494

Looks nasty, smells even worse but it works.

IMG 1495

IMG 1496

The Spider Mite Edition 😁

jj

IMG 1493
Tumbleweed375

Tumbleweed375

When I said "it will happen" I didn't mean for it to be happening right then, but it was and I just couldn't see it yet.

They are back, spider mites that is. One of the little visitors I get from time to time. These guys are picky, love some strains and stay away from others. I had hung the trellis over the tray next to this plant just 12 hours before and I didn't see anything on this gal. But they were there looking at me LOL!
View attachment 2104460

First thing is to understand the lifecycle:
Wikipedia:
Spider mites on a lemon plant
Hot, dry conditions are often associated with population build-up of spider mites. Under optimal conditions (approximately 27 °C), the two-spotted spider mite can hatch in as little as 3 days, and become sexually mature in as little as 5 days. One female can lay up to 20 eggs per day and can live for 2 to 4 weeks, laying hundreds of eggs. This accelerated reproductive rate allows spider mite populations to adapt quickly to resist pesticides, so chemical control methods can become somewhat ineffectual when the same pesticide is used over a prolonged period.[3]

So that bit of info tells me I need to break that cycle by repeat treatment every 3 days. I use GrowSafe:
View attachment 2104461

Safe to use up to harvest, kills on contact and smells like week old cooking oil at the fast food joint. I want to thank a fellow member for pointing me to this product; @Deadstill owe ya one buddy!

Application method is as important as what your applying. I want everything and I mean everything wet. Graco does that for me.
View attachment 2104462

Looks nasty, smells even worse but it works.

View attachment 2104463
View attachment 2104464

The Spider Mite Edition 😁

jj
I hope you get them all!

@Deadstill is definitely the guy in the know about pest eradication.. the right way!

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
Thanks for the shout-out guys, I'm glad that stuff works for you, too!

Yeah, it will definitely make your grow room smell like a deep fryer BUT it's only temporary and you can rinse the plants off when you're done treating, before harvest, and there won't be any trace of it left that you'll notice.

It's amazingly simple and I hope more growers throw away their dangerous systemics and chemicals and start to reach for this stuff from now on! 🤠

Bilber

Bilber

Hey jj......and Dead....

Thank you for the heads up......

The statement you said about them liking one plant vs another in the same grow space......

I'm a believer........the two spotted fu*&ers only touched my Vanilla Kush........left maybe 6ish other plants alone......

That was a lil bit ago, but I hate them ^@^@%÷*.......

Wishing you the best with them......

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
weekly-

Cloner- 14,7 and 1. That's the age range in the cloner this week. Oldest are the 2 Cali Blues so I raised the curtain and let these 2 get some direct rays, after 24 hours one is says she is ready to move over to veg. She will be the next to flower and her sister will be the mom.

IMG 1502

IMG 1503

Veg is all about White Truffle/C-Man this week. Interesting structure, she is easily twice as wide as tall and I've done very little training. Toppped and original fans removed and this gal has turned into a bush.

IMG 1501

IMG 1500

Flower

Oreoz x Okie - she's @ 10 days flower and 21 days in chamber. At 21 days of 12/12 plants in this system have reached their form. There's some stretch remaining but not much. This is pheno #2, first run of her and she is spreading more than her sister. Nice plant, nice structure, and her sister was 🔥

IMG 1506

IMG 1507

IMG 1512

DeathStar/GoJo - 45 days flower time. Spider mites have moved on for the time being.
IMG 1508

Chemdog #4 x Okie - 45 days flower - I've said it before, things happen fast in hydro, she is starting to fade @45 days and there is nothing at all wrong with her. She's just fast
IMG 1509

The wife's - this little hydro sytem just keeps rocking, soaked those seeds back in September
IMG 1513

IMG 1510

IMG 1511

jj

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
Weekly -

Cloner - Light is our best friend indoors but it can kill as well. Row on the left was 7 days cut when I turned the light on for the rest of the cuttings, I use light blocks until 14 days cut. At only 70ppfd cuttings don't make it until they have roots. for me anyways.
IMG 1576

Veg -Couple of CaliBlues came over, next to flower. White Truffle/cman is knocking at the door wanting out.
IMG 1577

Flower is all from Tengu Seeds this round. Actually 2024 is going to be a Tengu Seed run with 2 exceptions of genetics already here.

Oreoz x okie - 17 days flower, 28 days in chamber. This gal keeps going up my favorites list. Stretch is over so what you see is basically what's going to be there in a couple. And I couldn't be more pleased, fills the 4x4 completely but not climbing up the walls. Starting to throw down buds at a tight internodal and there are plenty of branches to fill out.
IMG 1578

IMG 1579

DeathStar/GoJo - 52 days flower and the fade is starting.
IMG 1580

IMG 1581

Chemdog #4 x okie - 52 days flower this gal will be coming down first. She got her final resv. change this weekend so it's just a matter of time now
IMG 1582

IMG 1584

IMG 1585

IMG 1586

IMG 1587

jj

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Weekly -

Cloner - Light is our best friend indoors but it can kill as well. Row on the left was 7 days cut when I turned the light on for the rest of the cuttings, I use light blocks until 14 days cut. At only 70ppfd cuttings don't make it until they have roots. for me anyways.
View attachment 2110655

Veg -Couple of CaliBlues came over, next to flower. White Truffle/cman is knocking at the door wanting out.
View attachment 2110656

Flower is all from Tengu Seeds this round. Actually 2024 is going to be a Tengu Seed run with 2 exceptions of genetics already here.

Oreoz x okie - 17 days flower, 28 days in chamber. This gal keeps going up my favorites list. Stretch is over so what you see is basically what's going to be there in a couple. And I couldn't be more pleased, fills the 4x4 completely but not climbing up the walls. Starting to throw down buds at a tight internodal and there are plenty of branches to fill out.
View attachment 2110657
View attachment 2110658

DeathStar/GoJo - 52 days flower and the fade is starting.
View attachment 2110659
View attachment 2110660

Chemdog #4 x okie - 52 days flower this gal will be coming down first. She got her final resv. change this weekend so it's just a matter of time now
View attachment 2110661
View attachment 2110662

View attachment 2110663
View attachment 2110664

View attachment 2110665

jj
Holy crap man. Your wife’s project is a success to say the least. Beautiful example.
Oh you’re about to have some fun! It’s been a riot seeing how different grow methods are bringing things out of the cali blues. Too cool man! You have your hands full! 👊🏻🤡

Latest posts

Top Bottom