Drip feeding. Need help with design...

• Thread starter whatupdoc
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
whatupdoc

whatupdoc

I'm running 24 5-gal smart pots. I had a simple setup going, and it worked, but had a couple issues. So I decided to see if I could get some of your guys' input on this topic.

I have a 32-gal res. that I used a 1200gph pump fitted to 3/4" tubing. The tubing ran across, and teed out every other row. I added 4 T's to each row, and a 1/4" line fitted to a drip stake for each plant.

It looked to me like there was some siphoning going on because the plants closest to the main 3/4" tube stayed more wet than the others.

How would you guys set up an auto-feed system for soil?

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
I would be very interested in this also hope you get some replies!

whatupdoc

whatupdoc

I think my setup would have been fine if I used a drain pump to get all of the water from the tubes back to the res...

kushluvr

kushluvr

i do 1 main 3/4 line down the center of each row of plants..........

then a 1/4 line straight into the 3/4 line..........from a pump...........on stakes! the nursery distribution store by me has a lot of different stakes........i just played with the different stakes till i found the one that worked the best!

unfortunatly my room is drying right now and ive enver shot the drip lines, so when i do set it back up in a week or 2, ill make sure to take some shots and post here!

but it sounds similar to yours though!

good luck!

kushluvr

kushluvr

id add another stake to one that are drinking more or not as wet! unless the issue is their too wet!

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

if it's siphoning maybe a small open-t back into the res will help? also helps re-mix your solution while pumping.

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

Hmm I'm a tad lost...a T that pulls water/air back into the res?
pushes really. just stick a 1/4" barbed whatever into the tubing on the pump-end, above the water-line and so it spits back into the res.

WalterWhiteFire

WalterWhiteFire

Not sure about the siphoning issue. But if you use drip emitters this will prevent watering one plant more than others. then just get the right size emitter. I imagine it would clog easy tho if you are using organics.

whatupdoc

whatupdoc

Wow. I can't believe I didn't think of using a shutoff valve...who wants to show me a drawing or something of the T trick? lol I kinda get it, but I wanna be sure...

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Room_02.jpg

You see the line coming out of the 90 on the riser at the top of the trashcan. You use a punch and poke a hole (to the right of the clamp) and insert a 1/4 barb fitting in the line and have a piece of 1/4 hose draining back down to the rez. Make sure its not submerged. This will kill the siphon effect from the drip system. Thanks to Dizzle for that one.

I also had a really big pump and put a ball valve to adjust the overall flow because I and didn't have a cycle stat timer so couldn't go under a minute on feeding

dankworth

dankworth

Y'all will want the art-dne cycle timer from C.A.P. or something like it so you can play with irrigation cycle timing. Love it.
Hey cemchris, what are you doing quoting the original source? Giving credit where it is due or something? :) Just kidding, props. I remember that picture of Mr. Dizzle's showing that. That dude educated a lot of us in many ways.

whatupdoc

whatupdoc

I seeeee...okay cool. Just picked up a Small Boy dechlorination/sediment filter today. I'll be hookin that and my irrigation back up soon. As well as co2. I'm really excited to see how all of this effects my grow!

whatupdoc

whatupdoc

...even though my grow is already PERFECT...lmao jkjkjkjkjkjkjkjkjkjk

dankworth

dankworth

I got that $600 RO filter from the NGW catalog that they used to have for like $330 from U.S. Water Supply or something like that. Same product w/o hydro store label. Might look at your next RO filter from a place like them. Got a $26 ppm pen that lasted for 2.5 years before I dropped it into the res for the third time from the same place. HM Digital, I dig them for their price.

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

sorry, i didn't learned it from original source. you can get anti-siphon fittings too, uses same physics so not sure who gets credit.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Y'all will want the art-dne cycle timer from C.A.P. or something like it so you can play with irrigation cycle timing. Love it.
Hey cemchris, what are you doing quoting the original source? Giving credit where it is due or something? :) Just kidding, props. I remember that picture of Mr. Dizzle's showing that. That dude educated a lot of us in many ways.

I know right. Pull a Subcool and make your own super soil......that is Vic Highs.

Top Bottom