Drip irrigation for indoor grow

• Thread starter Food dude
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

Food dude

Just curious does anyone use an automatic drip irrigation system for their indoor grows. If so what system? Is it worth trying?

N

nicolajanjak

yes 3/4 tubing ( could be 1/2) with PC drippers ..
a good pump that deliver psi .. not just rated in volume ..
3x5 tubing that goes to each plant
20 plant per 600w are watered this way ..

i like netafim filters .. arkal

the thing with PC drippers is that each plant will get exactly the same amount of solution .. i use the Netafim pc cnl Junior .. good shit
just need a good pump to put your line under pressure (1 bar minimum, maybe less sometimes)

1916C545 A339 4AB6 B519 6A9A29D840D2
cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
yes 3/4 tubing ( could be 1/2) with PC drippers ..
a good pump that deliver psi .. not just rated in volume ..
3x5 tubing that goes to each plant
20 plant per 600w are watered this way ..

i like netafim filters .. arkal

the thing with PC drippers is that each plant will get exactly the same amount of solution .. i use the Netafim pc cnl Junior .. good shit
just need a good pump to put your line under pressure (1 bar minimum, maybe less sometimes)

+1
Just to add to this for newer people. You won't be able to get away with a pump from the hydro shop usually when using PC drippers unless the drip site # is really small.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Most everyone just builds their own systems. There is very few parts involved and most of the time you need to kind of custom it for your setup. Pumps are usually then thing you spend money on. Rest of the stuff is usually less then 20 to 50 bucks. There are plenty of solutions for plug and play out there like drip tape, line with drippers on certain centers, ect if that is your thing.

N

nicolajanjak

yeah the small square pumps wont work
even the big one that deliver 1000gal hour, i found it was a question of pressure ..

this one costs 50 euros and can run 5 or 6 meters of line with 60 drippers without problem
maybe more i didnt try
for a moderate size grow its good ..

its rated 1 BAR which mean it can lift water up to 10 meters ..

but its a bit noisy unfortunaly ..

depending of the substrate used and the size of the pots, grower must determine the PC drippers rate (1/2 gal/h, 1 gal/h ? ...) by calculating shot size

F

Food dude

Thank you I also searched the threads and found a bunch on this subject after reading a lot last night I think I’m going to hold off until a later grow

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
yeah the small square pumps wont work
even the big one that deliver 1000gal hour, i found it was a question of pressure ..

this one costs 50 euros and can run 5 or 6 meters of line with 60 drippers without problem
maybe more i didnt try
for a moderate size grow its good ..

its rated 1 BAR which mean it can lift water up to 10 meters ..

but its a bit noisy unfortunaly ..

depending of the substrate used and the size of the pots, grower must determine the PC drippers rate (1/2 gal/h, 1 gal/h ? ...) by calculating shot size

LOL if you could only see the tub of pumps I have that don't cut it. Even the ones "rated" that should. Life of a water farmer. I just bit the bullet and just run Leaders now.

Top Bottom