Drip irrigation for second grow

• Thread starter Gashuffer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
420trout

420trout

Gashuffer, Thanks for the post on this! Looks simple enough and I am going out to get parts today. Anything you would change about your setup that you do not like? Anything else you wish you had done?

I have a couple of vacations coming up and I don't want to rely on someone else to water my plants. This seems like just the thing I need.

Gashuffer

Gashuffer

I’ll eventually add some sort of an automated water extraction. Not sure if I’ll do a catch under each plant that can drain to a main reservoir to pump out or what. I really like to measure runoff pH, ppm and volume, so I’ll need something in between.

right now, I’m manually pulling the catches and dumping into a bucket to measure it all.

but, for the water supply, be sure to put thought into how you want to measure how much you’re giving. I have 5gallon bucket that I have marked the inside of the bucket where 1,2 and 3 gallons is. So I at least know how much water I’m both mixing nutrients into and giving to the plants.

I could see myself tinkering with the watering rings too, but they work fine for now.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Are you using nutes or plain water? 1/16 holes like that on rings clog quite a bit so be on the lookout for that. Why it's always a good idea to run filters on anything below 1/4 outlets.

420trout

420trout

I bought my supplies to build irrigation for one tent/four plants. I could not find the y filters. Are they called by another name?

Gashuffer

Gashuffer

I didn't get a Y filter at all. That was the original plan from the layout, however the manifold I picked up has a filter and a regulator built into it.

RainBird PN: MANIFPR9S

They sell it on Amazon, HomeDepot, Menards, etc.

If you do get this same one and ever open up the top to clean it, just be mindful of the orientation and the order of the parts inside. There's only 3, but it's important to get them installed properly again.

Gashuffer

Gashuffer

I could see the value there. It'd be easy enough to implement that. Altho, I'm not sure how it'd work with indoor grows in only 3 gallon pots. I may give it a shot at some point.

Gashuffer

Gashuffer

They are just holders. Picked them up at Menards but any home improvement store with irrigation stuff should have them I’d think.

Top Bottom