Drip Irrigations Problems. help

• Thread starter surfguy1936
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

surfguy1936

Hey so Right now i have a 150gallon res that has 2 500gph pumps in them, and each pump has a 1/2in pvc line connected, that feeds up to a 8x4. and Im using 4 (4way) dripper heads per 8x4. and from each 4 way is connected macro. So Im dripping 32 per tray, but my problem is at first everything worked, and now I m Having a problem with the consitancy running through the lines, a good portion are either barley dripping or not at all, and the timer is on for 25seconds at a time....Anyone have advice on how i can tinker and fix this pleasee??

hiboy

hiboy

Hey so Right now i have a 150gallon res that has 2 500gph pumps in them, and each pump has a 1/2in pvc line connected, that feeds up to a 8x4. and Im using 4 (4way) dripper heads per 8x4. and from each 4 way is connected macro. So Im dripping 32 per tray, but my problem is at first everything worked, and now I m Having a problem with the consitancy running through the lines, a good portion are either barley dripping or not at all, and the timer is on for 25seconds at a time....Anyone have advice on how i can tinker and fix this pleasee??

THe way i made my top feed flow evenly is by making a loop of pvc, so theres no end. Then in the middle of the loop i put a T that connects to the longer parts of the line, (the colons). Then connected the pump to T in the middle. Excuse my krappy diagram, but i think u might get the idea. Diagram didnt work as planned so ignore the periods. The dashes and colons is the pvc , the dots are there to hold the patten, it messes up when posted.

------
[....... ]
[........]
[...T...]
[....... ]
-------

hb

S

surfguy1936

hmmm ok i think i follow what your saying correctly. So do u think it would have the same effect if i connected the ends the 2 trays to make sort of a U shape with 2 pumps?

Cort

Cort

Sediment and slime clogs drip heads, thereby reducing flow to some.

S

surfguy1936

ya you know i just took off the end cap and just that unclogged shit and flows better now ima go through all the lines

dankworth

dankworth

Use 3/4" to feed. 1/2" is a big part of your problem.
Check out leadsled's diy drip manifold tutorial, it explains everything.
Drip emitters are built to clog.
1/4 tubing outlets, governed by an art-dne cycle timer from CAP, will not clog.
You will not have any more problems after that.
Best of luck.

deep buddy

deep buddy

another quick and simple route is just zip tie the feed line to the base of the plant , and imho i would always go with a bigger pump/s

hiboy

hiboy

hmmm ok i think i follow what your saying correctly. So do u think it would have the same effect if i connected the ends the 2 trays to make sort of a U shape with 2 pumps?

I believe it has to be a loop, so that the water fills the pipe and pressure is equal. Thats how spas are built with air lines and jets
hb

Latest posts

Top Bottom