Drip line: instructions

• Thread starter Baylife
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Mmm... possibly, but not likely this year. I need to get a hold of a friend who's been doing the tape for a couple of years now, get reminded what he's using.

SunGrown

SunGrown

Mmm... possibly, but not likely this year. I need to get a hold of a friend who's been doing the tape for a couple of years now, get reminded what he's using.
please let me know what tape he uses and if he regularly fertigates thru it, I will certainly be appreciative of any info.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
please let me know what tape he uses and if he regularly fertigates thru it, I will certainly be appreciative of any info.

You're using micronized ferts..? I can't recall. I dig the fertigation thing, except that so far it's been a lot easier to just amend the soil and worry about water + occasional teas or feeds.

Btw, you should see how little water I'm using by using a thick layer of cover crops. I just had to reduce my irrigation. 54 x 1gph drippers, set for 6mins 3x/day. I'm getting complete surface saturation still. That's on a 3'x40' bed with 12 girls in it, and that's a total of 16gals per day. For ALL of them. I've had to chop & drop the cover crops twice now.

The pots where there isn't a thick layer of cover crop? 3x 1gph drippers/pot @30mins 3x/day and I still have bone dry areas. That's 1 girl per pot that's getting 4.5gals per day.

SunGrown

SunGrown

You're using micronized ferts..? I can't recall. I dig the fertigation thing, except that so far it's been a lot easier to just amend the soil and worry about water + occasional teas or feeds.

Btw, you should see how little water I'm using by using a thick layer of cover crops. I just had to reduce my irrigation. 54 x 1gph drippers, set for 6mins 3x/day. I'm getting complete surface saturation still. That's on a 3'x40' bed with 12 girls in it, and that's a total of 16gals per day. For ALL of them. I've had to chop & drop the cover crops twice now.

The pots where there isn't a thick layer of cover crop? 3x 1gph drippers/pot @30mins 3x/day and I still have bone dry areas. That's 1 girl per pot that's getting 4.5gals per day.
Awesome results on a side by side there sea!

I remember you saying something about the cover crops, what ones do you leave in the beds all season cause I will absolutely do it next year. Now I just use shade cloth as a "mulch", and it works well but...always room to improve

I do run growmore at one spot and I do run cns and pure blend pro also but they run well thru my sprayers so I think they will run thru the tape fine as well since it has slits and not small holes...

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
This year I decided it was time to go for the seasonings. Unfortunately, the caraway, coriander, and mustards never sprouted so those were probably irradiated seeds. But the chia and fenugreek and crimson clover are going CRAZY.

I've done various mulches and right now I have to say that absolutely nothing compares to the cover crops.

The CNS and PBP are affordable..? The Growmore makes sense, but the others.. I didn't think it could be done affordably once you scale things up.

SunGrown

SunGrown

This year I decided it was time to go for the seasonings. Unfortunately, the caraway, coriander, and mustards never sprouted so those were probably irradiated seeds. But the chia and fenugreek and crimson clover are going CRAZY.

I've done various mulches and right now I have to say that absolutely nothing compares to the cover crops.

The CNS and PBP are affordable..? The Growmore makes sense, but the others.. I didn't think it could be done affordably once you scale things up.

Awesome, food covers, will do, cilantro should keep some bugs away too, huh?

As far as affordable, actually very, depending on how you amend your holes prior and then how much you feed. Since I do some amending I feed liquid nutes at low rates but fairly consistently. Though I have had years where I would go thru 5 or 6 55 gallon drums of cns so yeah, that can be pricy, but if you are pulling 500 or more units it can be justifiable. BTW, buying direct in 55 gallon drums is the only way to go on that scale. Its really cheap once you have a direct connect.

Let me say this, on one spot last year I pulled maybe 100, and only spent $500 to maybe $1000 the whole year, not counting processing. And that was with cns and growmore.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Yes, that was what I was hoping, but since it never germinated I'll have to try again on that one.

I love seeing those kinds of numbers. :D

J

j red

Any pics of the fertigator set up ? And do you run the whole system from that one mondi pump? Thanks.

Top Bottom