Drip Question

• Thread starter fortphoenix
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
fortphoenix

fortphoenix

Hi, I have a flood tray with a sheet of ABS suspending 5" netcups and i have 1/2gph drippers i want to try, using root riot plugs and hydroton only. could i use a regular 15min/24hour timer or do i have to buy drip timers? how long/many times per day should i run the drippers? and where should i place the dripper? place it to when its just barely hitting the plug?(which will still soak it) should i put 2 drippers on each pot? thanks for any help

Bannacis

Bannacis

Those 24 hr timers that have the push/pull pegs will be fine.
Depending on the humidity in your room, how thirsty your plants are how many and then the flood and drain time...
Your on/off times will vary... 15 minutes on every hour maybe 2 hrs???
placing your drippers depends on after all is hooked up, what kinda flow is coming out of your drippers?
When you set it up do some test runs and see how saturated your plugs and hydroton are. Then you should be able to determine if you need two and where to place them.
At first depending on how many roots are out of plug, you can start with one on the plug. it will trickle down to hydroton.
and then another one farther out from stem to cover the hydro more. They will need more water as they get bigger and plus into flowering. so be prepared for that....good luck

fortphoenix

fortphoenix

Those 24 hr timers that have the push/pull pegs will be fine.
Depending on the humidity in your room, how thirsty your plants are how many and then the flood and drain time...
Your on/off times will vary... 15 minutes on every hour maybe 2 hrs???
placing your drippers depends on after all is hooked up, what kinda flow is coming out of your drippers?
When you set it up do some test runs and see how saturated your plugs and hydroton are. Then you should be able to determine if you need two and where to place them.
At first depending on how many roots are out of plug, you can start with one on the plug. it will trickle down to hydroton.
and then another one farther out from stem to cover the hydro more. They will need more water as they get bigger and plus into flowering. so be prepared for that....good luck
thanks for the response, my humidity is kinda low, like 40% lights on and im not doing flood and drain, just using the drippers. the drippers are 1/2 gph they probably put out like 3 drops per second. i was thinking on doing 2 drippers per netpot incase 1 clogs and also to get a more even spread of water

Bannacis

Bannacis

ooops sorry, I knew you were doing drip and somehow I was flooding and drain at one point...lol
The second drip tube is good idea for a backup (if other clogs).

Latest posts

Top Bottom