Dripper help

• Thread starter tommytwotone
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

tommytwotone

Hi guys this is my first thread start on this forum...

I made the switch to coco recently, and am running into issues

I am doing a 72 plant stadium grow and my back plants are not reciving water

My run is 13' on either side
my pump right now is a submersable 1100 gph pump.
I am using 1/2" line that runs the out side of the stadium
I am using barbs and 1/4 line into T connectors going to each plant.

Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong and or tell me what there automated watering setup is?

Thank you

M

mrdizzle

you need to make a loop out of your main feedline, that way the pressure is even throughout the system, a square works also but there needs to be a complete loop so that the water runs into water being pushed out of the pump before its pushed out of the feedlines, instead of water reaching the end of a row then being forced into the feedlines, that method will cause the water to go out more forcefully at the feedlines that are closest to the pump

T

tommytwotone

ahh I think I know what you mean. I tried a loop that for some reason did not work for me. is it possible that the run is to long for one pump?

T

tommytwotone

also do you use drip rings or do you use stakes or just a straight line?

J

januaryfirst

For the life of me I can't picture what you are talking about. But I would really like to because I want to help a friend with his stadium, and automate it. From reading on here instead of doing coco-promix mix, we are going to do a coco-perlite 25%-75%perlite and want to drip feed the plants every day. But we need the drippers to emit uniformly.

H

harley34

as long as you form a looped system with a big enough pump you will be fine, dont bother with stakes just use open ended drip lines and find some clamps to hold it in place, with a lot of pressure they will fly about like a fire hose! Try and get a decent size internal bore drip line, like 4mm+, try using a particle filter in the system aswell if you can match it up to your feed pipe size. I use 25mm delivery pipe in 3 rows so like a square with a run through the middle, gets fed with a 6060lph(litre per hour) pump, never once had any blockages or problems. Instead of using open ended drip lines feeding your pot you can either form a loop with some T's so instead of having 1 drip feed you can have 4, or you can just use a T on the end of the drip line which will split into 2 feeds, i use this at the moment but im going to give the loop 4 feed thing ago next.

Just realised i posted in the wrong drip thread, soz dude

J

januaryfirst

I understand the the closed run now, you want the water to run into it self so that it creates pressure to fill the hose up uniformly to push the water through the dripper's. I am just trying to visualize that in a Stadium, with out blocking the walk way down the middle. Six runs, one for each shelf?

H

harley34

I understand the the closed run now, you want the water to run into it self so that it creates pressure to fill the hose up uniformly to push the water through the dripper's. I am just trying to visualize that in a Stadium, with out blocking the walk way down the middle. Six runs, one for each shelf?

am trying to imagine your system and think of a way for you but im too baked at the moment, you can use elbows and t's in the system if your worried about drip lines getting in the way, so basically you can try run everything on the ground, so your not stepping over something. Draw up a pic on paint or something, will make it easier for people to work out a system for you.

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

I would not use Drippers at all. For one, they clog very easy and you usually do not find out untill it is too late.
I recomend taking the drippers off and making a ring out of tubing and the T fittings for 1/4" tubing and have 4 T's that water each plant. This way you do not have to worry about clogs and you will get a better pressure in your system.

J

januaryfirst

So that is generally how I was thinking of doing it for one side of the stadium, from one pump. Any idea how to attach so I could run booth sides off one pump. If this is what you were talking about

The blue on the top is the resi and water pipes.

View attachment stadium drippers.pdf
H

harley34

I would not use Drippers at all. For one, they clog very easy and you usually do not find out untill it is too late.
I recomend taking the drippers off and making a ring out of tubing and the T fittings for 1/4" tubing and have 4 T's that water each plant. This way you do not have to worry about clogs and you will get a better pressure in your system.

Agree drippers are useless, you can use a quad fitting instead of the first T from the drip line to make another feed, so 3 T's and one quad.

J

januaryfirst

Been thinking on how to make it so that can do both shelves on one level and and all three levels of the whole stadium from one pump. How does it look the water line around each level. Probably do it out of PVC piping, anchored to the shelves.

Any better suggestions anyone?

View attachment stadium drippers.pdf
H

harley34

Been thinking on how to make it so that can do both shelves on one level and and all three levels of the whole stadium from one pump. How does it look the water line around each level. Probably do it out of PVC piping, anchored to the shelves.

Any better suggestions anyone?

be careful drilling the pvc for your holes or grommets whatever your using, dont put top much pressure in it will crack. Have a look for MDPE piping its more flexible, have you decided what size delivery line your going to use?

J

januaryfirst

Using a 1/3 hp mondo pump, so I was thinking of 1" pipe to spaghetti tubing for a minute no drippers... or are there any better suggestions. I have never set up a automatic watering system for soil/coco or anything. Always have used RW on tables before
80 perlite to 20 coco. So that could water once a day on a timer and have the pots dry out every day..

J

januaryfirst

Using a 1/3 hp mondo pump, so I was thinking of 1" pipe to spaghetti tubing for a minute no drippers... or are there any better suggestions. I have never set up a automatic watering system for soil/coco or anything. Always have used RW on tables before
80 perlite to 20 coco. So that could water once a day on a timer and have the pots dry out every day..

b

Top Bottom