Driver/dimmer question vivosun grow hub compatibility

• Thread starter sardonicus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

sardonicus

So I have just recently pulled the trigger on a grow tent, a beautiful 8x8 cube. I got a great deal on some vivosun stuff including a fan and their smart grow hub. I am mildly electronically inclined - more than adequately able to build my own lights. LEDs are super simple and I already had some non dimmable drivers in a parts pile somewhere so I have some basic light control - on/off on a timer. The vivosun grow hub has dimmer controls and I am hoping to avoid some guess and test with driver/dimmer combinations to find something compatible with the grow hub. If I have to build a standalone dimmer controller I can do that but I already have the grow hub so it would be nice to be able to use all its functions. My lights are 200w each, at the moment i have 3 made. Is there a preferred driver for lights of this size? Does anyone have any experience controlling non vivosun dimmable lights with their grow hub?

S

sardonicus

I am still waiting on the new drivers to come in so I can test this setup with the vivosun growhub, but I thought I would share some of what I've learned in the meantime. For anyone else that might want to experiment with some diy lighting and the vivosun growhub - it controls third party lighting via the rj11 port using 0-10v. Also according to the manual some third party lighting may require an "adapter" to work - according to vivosun this adapter mentioned in the manual is still being developed.

Top Bottom