Driver for Fluence RazrX LED

• Thread starter Miked1988
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Miked1988

Miked1988

What’s up guys? So here’s the deal I picked up a Fluence RazrX light used from a dude for $75, so I was thinking it was a good deal. But after I got home I looked at the driver and thought it seemed and looked like a cheap driver, it’s made by “Thomas research products” PIC BELOW. Couldn’t find much info on it. But I assumed fluence being owned by Osram that they would use good quality drivers.. ie meanwell etc.. I think the guy may have switched the driver.. and it says it’s a 96W. And this light it self is suppose to be 114w.(and it’s running kinda hot) I would’ve expected it to have a bigger driver.. but idk I’m a newbie when it comes to building lights.. I’m still learning.. BUT my question is what is a good driver (Dimmable) for this RazrX fixture? Here are some specs I couldn’t find much info on the LEDs used on it but here’s the driver Fluence said they use and here’s the “ Thomas Research driver that I have..

the last pic is fluences response regarding the driver that is usually used on the razrx

Driver for fluence razrx led
Driver for fluence razrx led 2
Driver for fluence razrx led 3
Driver for fluence razrx led 4
Driver for fluence razrx led 5
Driver for fluence razrx led 6
Chad.Westport

Chad.Westport

I'd see what the company is using now for a driver with that unit or others similar. Fluence isn't known for cheap stuff, so I'd imagine they have vetted the current drivers. I'm use to seeing the Meanwell driver as well.

Miked1988

Miked1988

I'd see what the company is using now for a driver with that unit or others similar. Fluence isn't known for cheap stuff, so I'd imagine they have vetted the current drivers. I'm use to seeing the Meanwell driver as well.

this is the driver fluence said their using For the razrx.. but it’s only for sale on made-in-China.com lol.. so I was kind of Spectacle On buying it from them

FE4EE5A6 4759 4991 8E2C 480088030853
Sinfor

Sinfor

Both drivers are constant Current and deliver 3.15A so you will get the same power output(around 95w) and looking to the specs, the Thomas have a better efficiency.
The 114W input power is how much energy is consuming (the AC side)
95W/114W=83.3% efficiency vs 89% from Thomas.
If you want to improve the efficiency and switch to Meanwell the HLG-100H-30 will work.

Miked1988

Miked1988

Both drivers are constant Current and deliver 3.15A so you will get the same power output(around 95w) and looking to the specs, the Thomas have a better efficiency.
The 114W input power is how much energy is consuming (the AC side)
95W/114W=83.3% efficiency vs 89% from Thomas.
If you want to improve the efficiency and switch to Meanwell the HLG-100H-30 will work.
Thanks for the reply man I appreciate it!, just 2 questions, do you think it’ll be worth it to spend the extra $50 bucks or should I just keep this driver? And will all 100-H-30 models work or is their a specific model I should look into? Model 100-H-30A for example? Thanks

Sinfor

Sinfor

All 100H-30 will work.
I would keep the Thomas, the difference between both driver in terms of energy savings is around 4.7W; where I live, 1kWh cost around 15 cents so with $50usd(50/.15) I can pay 333kWh.
If I use these light with a schedule of 18hrs per day, will take me 11 years to use 333kWh and 16.5 years using a 12hrs schedule.

Miked1988

Miked1988

All 100H-30 will work.
I would keep the Thomas, the difference between both driver in terms of energy savings is around 4.7W; where I live, 1kWh cost around 15 cents so with $50usd(50/.15) I can pay 333kWh.
If I use these light with a schedule of 18hrs per day, will take me 11 years to use 333kWh and 16.5 years using a 12hrs schedule.
Ok got it!, after doing a bunch of research I actually found out the light is Actually 91w, which is weird because fluence advertises it as 114w and 91w, maybe they updated a
Newer version of the light, but after you explained it like that I would’ve probably just kept the Thomas regardless since it’s more efficient. Thanks for the reply I appreciate it bro!

Top Bottom