Drivers License and Medical Marijuana

• Thread starter Quazi
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Quazi

Quazi

Just wanted to share an experience I had with Michigan Medical Marijuana and getting a drivers license.

I lost my license about 12 years ago. I finally paid my fines, fees, and all that garbage. so I figured I was good to get it back.

but they wanted a drug test. okay....

Now i'm thinking i'm okay cause I don't do any illegal drugs. (anymore. lol.)

It comes back dirty for marijuana and methadone. both of which I have a perscription for so all good right......

Wrong.

The judge told me that I had to be clean from marijuana for a whole year before he would reinstate my license, but never said a word about the methadone..... i even showed the judge my card, but he didnt care and told me to come see him in a year with atleast 6 drug tests proving that i have been clean.

Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

No way! Thats fucked up! Did u lose ur license cuz of a dui? Maybe thats why the judge wont tolerate any substance in your system... Or else he could just be a dick

Quazi

Quazi

No, no. I do not drink. I got caught with an ounce before medical MJ was around. It got restricted to where I could only drive to work and school, but I got caught outside the restrictions, and it got snagged completely. I just recently came into a little money so I paid all the fines and fees then got an attorney, and went in front of the judge to get it back. The attorney was so suprised by what the judge did that he told me I wouldn't have to pay him, and he would make sure i got it back when the year was up. That will be in April 2013 so we will see what happens there. What is another year when i've been without for 12 already.

sky high

sky high

For an attorney he sounds like a halfway decent guy......however, if he had ANY balls he'd pro bono your case through the courts and make a real stink about it. Either way, I hope it works out for ya....

Quazi

Quazi

me too. because i just bought a car (great deal on it). I asked him how we could appeal his decision and all, but my attorney told me to just wait the year.

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

Jump ship fuck that. Rent an apt for one month in another state and get your DL.

Then go back to MI and tranfer the valid DL. If they dont let you keep the other until it expires.

Wont be abke to use clinics or whatev for a month but it could work.

Prime C

Prime C

Defender of Dank
Supporter
That's some BullShit! And your lawyers a pussy! I've had lawyers like that. :banghead:
I guess you wont be attending Hash Bash then.:jimlad:

Motarebel

Motarebel

Been there done that, only when i got my card they stopped testing me before the 1 year period was up so it seems like your being bamboozeled by a not so friendly judge.

Quazi

Quazi

I'm sure he could have taken it further, but when everything is said and done waiting the year is probably the fastest way of actually getting my DL back.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

I would not fuck around,id get a second opinion.Consults are usually free so why not?

Quazi

Quazi

I would not fuck around,id get a second opinion.Consults are usually free so why not?

In two months the year will be up so no real reason to do that....

Just wanted to let people know that if u use medical marijuana and are trying to get ur Drivers License make sure ur clean and dont admit to using it in the past year. they will deny ur ass.

Big Bruce

Big Bruce

that sounds like a crazy story, never heard of anything like that, but i can see it happening in northern MI because they treat pot smokers like murders and make you pay for years.

Latest posts

Top Bottom