93D75839 42D6 4321 B81E 607DEE9FEDF1
C9508F46 19E4 44DC 83D5 951A4EE84F92
25E02635 D4F0 4062 AFD2 833854DCE3B6

flip day 24

also

AE7B85C7 9106 4CA0 A51A 50F700DE6C7F

Dromada26

Dromada26

That was shit advice.was you running sterile already? If so sd90 would have been way better.

lol at least back it up with something bro don’t just come say it was shit advice, you don’t think I read for hours on multiple sites before I add anything. I don’t use any bennies so why not add Clorox

Nugg

Nugg

It's slimy...I work with water for a living..there is just way better out there...you seem to be doing great ..some ppl.like using miracle grow also... peroxide would be better then bleach.

Dromada26

Dromada26

I think too that sm90 was banned or something here in the us, at least I think I read that somewhere, honestly I just want healthy roots

Nugg

Nugg

I think too that sm90 was banned or something here in the us, at least I think I read that somewhere, honestly I just want healthy roots
We all do...and it's seems you already do..you may have had beanies already if that's the first time with a cleaner...mayby....I'm trying something new..pure essentials black label,root enhancer...I run dirty use hydro guard...I have seen a difference in my clones all around with the pure essentials..still to early..

Dromada26

Dromada26

We all do...and it's seems you already do..you may have had beanies already if that's the first time with a cleaner...mayby....I'm trying something new..pure essentials black label,root enhancer...I run dirty use hydro guard...I have seen a difference in my clones all around with the pure essentials..still to early..

At worst I guess I will know next time to not run with it in there lol but I have done a fair bit of “experimenting” here. I do watch her very closely and I think if anything negative happens I should be able to clean it super fast. I have heard good things about white shark and hydro guard. I have spent a bunch on putting things in here so I am just trying to find a way to keep my nute costs down for future grows. Thanks on the roots, they coming along nicely! Hope they stay that way!

FourthCity

FourthCity

lol at least back it up with something bro don’t just come say it was shit advice, you don’t think I read for hours on multiple sites before I add anything. I don’t use any bennies so why not add Clorox
Bleach can shock the roots and make the plant less healthy, plus do you really want to add it to something you are consuming? Great White has done me good for years with no issues, I started off trying sterile and it was always a crap shoot. I used the great white in a microbe tea with a few other ingredients after moving away from sterile and eventually found the that it could do the job just fine on its own. I don't think there is anything wrong with doing the sterile method but not at the cost of using these harmful chemicals, uv'd ro water seems like it would be a healthier way to proceed if you still dont want to use beneficials.

Bobby89earl

Bobby89earl

I been thinking about the 5 gallon bucket too but the height is what gets me
[/QUOTE]
If anything just get a tote. They have short ones that would fit your needs

Dromada26

Dromada26

I been thinking about the 5 gallon bucket too but the height is what gets me
If anything just get a tote. They have short ones that would fit your needs
[/QUOTE]

I did end up getting the 5 gallon and it ended up slowing down on stretching upwards. Now I am just watching her fill that with the roots! About to stop getting new ones though

Dromada26

Dromada26

Because I cannot add molasses very easy in hydro I am going to give this a shot. Will get here tomorrow. Hoping this berry smell enhancer plus the terpenez citrus smell enhancer can help her smell less like hydro and more like the dank I know she is! But we should see, one can dream right?

also got some ph up cuz we coming up on that week 5 drop

62C17B3A 4747 4D3D B89D 827707C46E33

FourthCity

FourthCity

Because I cannot add molasses very easy in hydro I am going to give this a shot. Will get here tomorrow. Hoping this berry smell enhancer plus the terpenez citrus smell enhancer can help her smell less like hydro and more like the dank I know she is! But we should see, one can dream right?

also got some ph up cuz we coming up on that week 5 drop

View attachment 938214
I think its been proven that sulfur, not complex carbs, is responsible for terpene production in marijuana. I've grown many different strains in hydro over the years and they all tend to taste different. If you are getting a recurring flavor in all you grows, even from strain to strain, then it seems more likely that either the ppms are too high when you harvest or something is happening during the dry or cure. Also, you may just not be letting it cure long enough, I will admit that they all smell and taste a lot more similar shortly after the harvest than they will after a month or two of curing. If you use any beneficials they can eat the sweetener so its not entirely useless.

Dromada26

Dromada26

I think its been proven that sulfur, not complex carbs, is responsible for terpene production in marijuana. I've grown many different strains in hydro over the years and they all tend to taste different. If you are getting a recurring flavor in all you grows, even from strain to strain, then it seems more likely that either the ppms are too high when you harvest or something is happening during the dry or cure. Also, you may just not be letting it cure long enough, I will admit that they all smell and taste a lot more similar shortly after the harvest than they will after a month or two of curing. If you use any beneficials they can eat the sweetener so its not entirely useless.
I do not use any bennies yet but reading up on the sweet it’s basically like molasses which is what I would almost rather use but I don’t want nothing sticky in my res. Most of the shit I smoke smells freshly green even after dried 10 days at 65-70% humidity and cured at 62% for 1-2 months I am not sure what’s up so that’s why I am changing some stuff up, I will say it has continued to get better each grow, especially as I learn more about which stuff I can drop as I get into flower. I am just adding things to help with density and hella resin. I just want some beautiful nugs that smell and taste like they do while they are still growing. They smell really good right now, if I could keep that same aroma after the cure I would be balls deep in love with it. I think it is the cure that I am doing something wrong on. Doing tons of research on that as we speak as well as research on how to get the best finish in the last weeks.

also does organic mean that it has bennies and I need to stop using the Clorox for sure?

FourthCity

FourthCity

also does organic mean that it has bennies and I need to stop using the Clorox for sure?
Not exactly but pretty much, it's definitely counter productive trying to run a sterile system with organic nutes and I would never recommend bleach for anything other than cleaning the reservoirs after harvest. Based on the pictures of your plant, which seems reasonably healthy, if you had been using twice the ppm in the past and the plants were not several times larger then that would definitely have a major impact on flavor. What helped me most with my curing was using one of these little hygrometers in each mason jar, by getting a constant accurate read on the humidity you will know exactly when to burp each jar, how long to leave the lid off for, and when to put it back on. I hang dry first at a little lower humidity, 50-60, but usually 5-7 days before I jar, and I don't seal the jars with the lids until the hygrometers read under 65. I'm sure there is a better curing method out there but this one brings out the flavor quicker than any other method I have followed and does a good job of preventing me from getting my buds so dry that they turn to dust in the grinder.

Dromada26

Dromada26

Not exactly but pretty much, it's definitely counter productive trying to run a sterile system with organic nutes and I would never recommend bleach for anything other than cleaning the reservoirs after harvest. Based on the pictures of your plant, which seems reasonably healthy, if you had been using twice the ppm in the past and the plants were not several times larger then that would definitely have a major impact on flavor. What helped me most with my curing was using one of these little hygrometers in each mason jar, by getting a constant accurate read on the humidity you will know exactly when to burp each jar, how long to leave the lid off for, and when to put it back on. I hang dry first at a little lower humidity, 50-60, but usually 5-7 days before I jar, and I don't seal the jars with the lids until the hygrometers read under 65. I'm sure there is a better curing method out there but this one brings out the flavor quicker than any other method I have followed and does a good job of preventing me from getting my buds so dry that they turn to dust in the grinder.

By chance do you think that the boveda 2 way humidity packets change the flavor? I buy the 62% ones and I burp for a week or two depending on feel then I never actually “seal” the jar if that means anything more than turning the lid tightly on it. This plant is twice my biggest plant that I have done haha so good to know ppm could have been a large factor, I was at like 2300 ppm at one point. Now I just watch for what she wants more or less

Top Bottom