• Thread starter chickenman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Drones over U.S. get OK by Congress

U.S. Customs and Border Protection uses qualified pilots to operate Predator drones for surveillance along the border. Under the FAA Reauthorization Act, drones eventually could be used by police agencies and private companies across the U.S. (Associated Press)Ads by GoogleSee Todays Mortgage Rates
Homeland Security has deployed drones to support disaster relief operations. Unmanned aircraft also could be useful for fighting fires or finding missing climbers or hikers, he added.

The FAA has issued hundreds of certificates to police and other government agencies, and a handful to research institutions to allow them to fly drones of various kinds over the United States for particular missions.

The agency said it issued 313 certificates in 2011 and 295 of them were still active at the end of the year, but the FAA refuses to disclose which agencies have the certificates and what their purposes are.

The Electronic Frontier Foundation is suing the FAA to obtain records of the certifications.

“We need a list so we can ask [each agency], ‘What are your policies on drone use? How do you protect privacy? How do you ensure compliance with the Fourth Amendment?’ ” Ms. Lynch said.

“Currently, the only barrier to the routine use of drones for persistent surveillance are the procedural requirements imposed by the FAA for the issuance of certificates,” said Amie Stepanovich, national security counsel for the Electronic Privacy Information Center, a research center in Washington.

The Department of Transportation, the parent agency of the FAA, has announced plans to streamline the certification process for government drone flights this year, she said.

“We are looking at our options” to oppose that, she added.

Section 332 of the new FAA legislation also orders the agency to develop a system for licensing commercial drone flights as part of the nation’s air traffic control system by 2015.

The agency must establish six flight ranges across the country where drones can be test-flown to determine whether they are safe for travel in congested skies.

Representatives of the fast-growing unmanned aircraft systems industry say they worked hard to get the provisions into law.

“It sets deadlines for the integration of [the drones] into the national airspace,” said Gretchen West, executive vice president of the Association for Unmanned Vehicle Systems International, an industry group.

She said drone technology is new to the FAA.

The legislation, which provides several deadlines for the FAA to report progress to Congress, “will move the [drones] issue up their list of priorities,” Ms. West said

cannabeans

cannabeans

NDAA the whole world is a battleground and we are the terrorists! Wake the fuck up people! Flouride in the water.... FEMA camps all over this country, overhead surveillance and Preemptive wars.... If i lived in a different time, I would think this is nazi germany!

S

StonerScience

I didn't buy all these guns and bullets for nothing.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Maybe I can have a drone that takes down other drones for target practis?

T

thcnology

are we fuckin stupid? we are the terrorists....
ask yourself one simple question..

Do you think like they do?

if you don't... your the target, hey now....welcome to fascism.

and it only gets worse from here on out;)

G

glaxo151

This makes it easier to vote in the upcoming elections. What is wrong with Kentucky Monnshine & Good Ole American Organic Blue Grass? Sometimes we have to think are those my laws or theirs?

Z

ZombieSlave

IBM's Watson will control the Drone Aviation space aka skynet.
as well as the health care records.

:D

IBM was the company that created the serial numbers used on the workers in the work camps. The world is just a larger work camp.

joeca1i

joeca1i

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruuYOfeKZw4[/YOUTUBE] just another piece to their nwo plan

Top Bottom