Droop...

• Thread starter Frank0
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Frank0

Frank0

Well.....Turns out they were Under watered. So far(1st time wth. coco)it does look like coco should be watered almost every day. They doing mucho better.

MG 9996
 MG 9997
 MG 9998
 MG 9999
DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Well.....Turns out they were Under watered. So far(1st time wth. coco)it does look like coco should be watered almost every day. They doing mucho better.
It depends on the plant/pot size and your mix. If you used alot of perlite even the small plants might need watered every few days. Watering by weight is what I like to do. I have gotten root rot from watering too often in straight coco. I water when the coco is still moist but no longer feels bottom heavy when lifted.

Smerb

Smerb

These pics are obviously different from before. The droop was from over watering right????? You let them dry up a bit and they came back? Whasss happening..........

Frank0

Frank0

They were getting worse as they dried. So with some of them i fed .8ec with about 10% runoff and the next day they were looking better so i did them all and they looking better. Some have some iight green like yellowing which i figure was left over from the stress. Have been watering again before they dry out and seems ok. This is my 1st coco grow, been a while but i used rockwool and drippers before. Will get some more pics so u can tell me what u think, ok?

Frank0

Frank0

These pics are obviously different from before. The droop was from over watering right????? You let them dry up a bit and they came back? Whasss happening..........
Like i said the more they dried up the worse they got. here some pics of now. Not sure what the light green and yellowing from, just guessing wounds from the possible UNDER watering. Trying on just focusing on dialing in on this coco coir. NOT giving up. (yet) Chime in please u coco farmers.

MG 0001
 MG 0002
 MG 0003
 MG 0004
 MG 0005
Smerb

Smerb

Hey hey, so you use coco, I do to! But I also have fox farm ocean forest in there, a little extra perlite, and beneficial microbes,fungi,bacteria and whatnot. My coco/soil takes care of the green. I water every 3rd or 4th day. Never droop. How big are them pots? Hmmmmmm

Frank0

Frank0

1 gal. pots. Was thinking of a TP to 3 gal pots for a couple of em tonight to see how it goes so thanks for the reinforcment on that one Smerb. Got 2 gal pots too and maybe try a couple of those too. Gonna take it a step at a time and conquer this coco coir... and of course with the help of the FARMER. Thanks Smerb, tough goin it alone.

Smerb

Smerb

1 gal. pots. Was thinking of a TP to 3 gal pots for a couple of em tonight to see how it goes so thanks for the reinforcment on that one Smerb. Got 2 gal pots too and maybe try a couple of those too. Gonna take it a step at a time and conquer this coco coir... and of course with the help of the FARMER. Thanks Smerb, tough goin it alone.
Much love fellow grower. 1 good thing to remember is, start your plants in small containers and make sure the roots fill the container before transplant. This let's you see how much root room you have as you step up. A solo cup should be packed tight with roots before transplant. Your plants look great, the foliage is thick. Keep them up

Smerb

Smerb

And with the moons crescent this next 7 days will be great for growth and transplanting. I am transplanting any day now.can't wait

Frank0

Frank0

Never knew that, about the crescent moon for growth and TP. Here is up to date pics. Seems to be doing great(yay, now to keep them happy). Feed now is about .8 to 1.5 ec, for sure every other day water and mostly every day in the 1gal pots, will see in the 3gal one. TP'd 1 girl to a 3 gal pot from 1 gal, sure had bunch of roots, healthy lookin too (white). Sooooo..., i think that a for sure rule in coco is to not let it dry out. now for lesson #2, which did not show up yet but keeping my eyes open.

MG 0007
 MG 0008
 MG 0009
 MG 0010
 MG 0011
OldPine

OldPine

@Frank0 - just curious - have you considered smart pots (or fabric parts, generally) for your transplant? I have found they work wonders with coco and coco mixes. You'll find that they dry the media more regularly, evenly, and predictably. This will allow you to water (or water + feed) more regularly which will, in turn, all you to reap the full benefits of growing with coco.

I agree with @Smerb - your plants are looking fine. They'll get through their growing pains quickly and you'll be off to the races. Although I do note some rust (maybe?) in one of your pictures. Any chance you could get a closeup so we could help diagnose if you are having any sort of deficiency? It's possible, especially when running coco with no runoff, to lock out some mobile and immobile nutrients.

OldPine

OldPine

This will allow you to water (or water + feed) more regularly which will, in turn, all you to reap the full benefits of growing with coco.

Sorry, this should read - "This will allow you to water (or water + feed) more regularly which will, in turn, allOW you to reap the full benefits of growing with coco."

Frank0

Frank0

Thanks Pine, it is rust like. Will get closr ups for ya. Thks again man. And i am doing about 10 to 20% runoff now and seems to be good.

Smerb

Smerb

@Frank0 - just curious - have you considered smart pots (or fabric parts, generally) for your transplant? I have found they work wonders with coco and coco mixes. You'll find that they dry the media more regularly, evenly, and predictably. This will allow you to water (or water + feed) more regularly which will, in turn, all you to reap the full benefits of growing with coco.

I agree with @Smerb - your plants are looking fine. They'll get through their growing pains quickly and you'll be off to the races. Although I do note some rust (maybe?) in one of your pictures. Any chance you could get a closeup so we could help diagnose if you are having any sort of deficiency? It's possible, especially when running coco with no runoff, to lock out some mobile and immobile nutrients.
Them fabric pots are grrrrreat! Especially for the dry out. You are smart pottin!

Frank0

Frank0

Hey hey, so you use coco, I do to! But I also have fox farm ocean forest in there, a little extra perlite, and beneficial microbes,fungi,bacteria and whatnot. My coco/soil takes care of the green. I water every 3rd or 4th day. Never droop. How big are them pots? Hmmmmmm
What ratio is ur mix and size pots? Also nutes? Much appreciated Smerb. Being new to coco i KISS, coco and about 15% pearl, canna coco a and b with rizzo and thats it till i fine tune a little more.

OldPine

OldPine

Thanks Pine, it is rust like. Will get closr ups for ya. Thks again man. And i am doing about 10 to 20% runoff now and seems to be good.

Sounds good. I'm happy I can help.

I do find that runoff helps prevent lockout. Once you have your plants and nutrient concentrations completely dialed in and settled, you can water to run off less % or less frequently. I'm currently watering to run off only about every 5th feeding. Saves some $. No lockout, but there is an obvious inherent risk. I just keep right on top of my girls and know when they're not completely happy.

Frank0

Frank0

Droop update. They are doing great and am closer to dialing in that coco coir. Pics are veg 1st then some in the bud room.

MG 0036
 MG 0037
 MG 0032
 MG 0033
 MG 0042
Smerb

Smerb

I didn't answer your post from Nov. I use fox farm ocean forest, happy frog, many bags. About 2 bags of coco, and a bag if perlite. This is over 2 years. My soil is old but always taken care of. Lover of soil,earth. Technaflora nutes. I'm using 1 gallon. I flip fast and the roots only fill the 1 gallon nicely. 5-10 gallon pots and my veg time would be extended. I just like to flower. Your gals are very pretty.

Latest posts

Top Bottom