Drooping After Transplanting Help.

• Thread starter dee84
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

dee84

hi i am new to thcfarmer also this is my first time growing, ever. i got 2 plants that i transplant late in the evening near sunset. after i transplanted the clones that i got from a dispensary, and watered it down, i woke up in the mourning and i seen both of my babies drooping. also the leaves looks like its drying at the tips, can anyone tell if i overwatered them? or didn't water them enough. please help
Drooping after transplanting help
Drooping after transplanting help 2

derkaderk

derkaderk

Looks like heat shock.....you need to take about a week to "harden off" basically it means you are getting the plant accustomed to the new intense light and hotter conditions.

They look pretty bad....they may survive, but probably not.

Next time wait till the clones are acclimated to the conditions to plant directly.

To harden off:
Day1-
Place plant in direct sun for no longer than an hour or so then move to shaded area for the rest of the Day.
Day 2 -increase by an hour in sun
Day 3-Day7 increase sun expose a little each day, until you are no longer moving the plant, and the plant can successfully handle the new environment.

I've also had good luck placing in a filtered sun location for a week, and moved straight to full sun with no ill effect.

Good luck, good vibes.

D

dee84

thank u, do you think i should put some type of shade around it
Looks like heat shock.....you need to take about a week to "harden off" basically it means you are getting the plant accustomed to the new intense light and hotter conditions.

They look pretty bad....they may survive, but probably not.

Next time wait till the clones are acclimated to the conditions to plant directly.

To harden off:
Day1-
Place plant in direct sun for no longer than an hour or so then move to shaded area for the rest of the Day.
Day 2 -increase by an hour in sun
Day 3-Day7 increase sun expose a little each day, until you are no longer moving the plant, and the plant can successfully handle the new environment.

I've also had good luck placing in a filtered sun location for a week, and moved straight to full sun with no ill effect.

Good luck, good vibes.

thank you, do you think i should put some type of shade around it and pray for it to come back to life? like build some type of burlap screening or some sort?

Saguaro

Saguaro

I'd get some shade over it asap….and also i'd cut the bottom off of a 2 ltr soda bottle (or other big bottle) and stick that over it to make a humidity dome.

That should bring it back to life…...

D

dee84

thank you guys for the help, i did as you guys suggested and it have perked slightly back up a couple of hours later. hopefully it will be back at its full potential tomorrow mourning or so.

Apollo13

Apollo13

Keep out of sun and mist with water asap, then cover with 2 liter, they are having water uptake issues with the roots so spraying them and high humidity are how u need to water it until the roots kick back in. Sun is super hot.

G gnome

G gnome

Those aren't gonna make it pal. Next time harden off. If they ever start to droop like that get em in the shade and mist w lil water. Better luck next time.

Apollo13

Apollo13

I could save em.. but I'd put em in clone conditions until roots came back online.

D

dee84

1 of them made it back, the other one not looking so good, thank u guys though, at least I was able to save one. Much appreciated

Top Bottom