Drooping, Curling, Discoloration Overnight! HELP PLEASE!!

• Thread starter Psychediculous
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

Psychediculous

Mr. Nice Guy 4weeks into flower with 3x 23W CFL bulbs of various spectrums on it in a WELL ventilated chamber... LST and Topped done wonerfully untill now.

I let it veg to about 7 nodes then topped it... i then SAFELY and gently tied down the top and ended up with 7 amazing colas on a very small plant. They have looked great untill about a day ago and there is now drooping and curling of the top fan leaves, particularly on the largest of the 7 colas there is a purple/brown discoloration on the edges of the leaf..

Only thing that has changed in the last 4 weeks is that i started to add 1/2 TEA spoon of molassas to the nute mix and i have NOT increased the amount of bloom nutes added (mix is 2L tap water 2 Table spoons bloom nutes and 1/2 TEA spoon molassas)

Pics attached will show the OVERNIGHT difference in the plant, hence my concern! PLEASE HELP! (first two were yesterday and the others are this morning)

(i also have 2 autos that arent looking well as seedlings but ill make a sepreate post for them)

Drooping curling discoloration overnight help please
Drooping curling discoloration overnight help please 2
Drooping curling discoloration overnight help please 3
Drooping curling discoloration overnight help please 4
Drooping curling discoloration overnight help please 5
Drooping curling discoloration overnight help please 6
Drooping curling discoloration overnight help please 7
Drooping curling discoloration overnight help please 8
mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

They look over fertilized to me. Extemely dark and tips are burnt . I'd back off on the nutes for awhile.

phenotyper

phenotyper

It looks like you have overwatering, coupled with over ferting the nitrogen and the leaf tips look like a magnesium deficiency. HOWEVER, these symptoms along with rapid onset may be root apids. Namely,
I have had the exact same symptoms in my plants and it was definitely RAs. See any flying or crawling insects anywhere around theplants? If not, i'd flush the medium and refert at half strength.

P

Psychediculous

I looked around because I had read about RA's... but it’s in a sealed chamber... 3 feet off the floor and only way in when the chamber is sealed is through spinning blades of the fans that are always on... no dead bugs in and around the plants at all... any tips as how else to check?

Also I can see how over fert can be a cause but is it safe to flush if overwatering is also a culprit and if so how would I do that safely?

P

Psychediculous

also the burnt tips are on purpose... i dont mind a little singe because im using CFL's and have them very close to the bulbs.. the CFL light doesnt penetrate very well but little heat and energy cost

T

treehugger

Root aphids would not have made such an impact overnight.

If you watered yesterday, it could be either extreme ph/ppm, use plain water next time and if they get better you'll have your answer.

If you didn't water yesterday i would be thinking more about a fungal problem. If you believe you may have been overwatering think blight, if it's been humid or you spray, think Powdery Mildew.

I'm seeing lighter green patches around the leaf serrations that look like they are about to go necrotic, in another day or two that will demonstrably be either MG deficiency or PM.

phenotyper

phenotyper

Root aphids would not have made such an impact overnight.

While I agree that RAs may not be the problem, the crux where they transition from moderately okay looking to those symptoms CAN happen overnight.

Also, the type of tip burn you see on those leaves is not due to heat, it would not manifest so uniformly on all your leaf tips. See that hook curl? That's what I'm talking about.

P

Psychediculous

If you watered yesterday, it could be either extreme ph/ppm, use plain water next time and if they get better you'll have your answer.
I'm seeing lighter green patches around the leaf serrations that look like they are about to go necrotic, in another day or two that will demonstrably be either MG deficiency or PM.

I did infact water yesterday, and funny enough i almost didnt because when i felt the soil, it still felt damp from the last watering. now that i have a bit more information on what could have gone wrong i feel a lot better. ill just use plain old water for a few days and just let the soil dry out for now.

Thanks for the help fellas, i do apreciate the time

Top Bottom