Drooping Leaves On Seedlings

• Thread starter ArmedGeek
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ArmedGeek

ArmedGeek

Everything was looking good in the humidity dome, so i opened the vent slightly. Since i have done this, the leaves are drooping. The top of the rock wool is a little dry but there is much water in the bottom still. I have only used RO water PH'd at 5.5 with no nutrients.

Are they ok? Or should i transplant to DWC at this time? I'm not sure what to do at this point.

Drooping leaves on seedlings

Drooping leaves on seedlings 2

Drooping leaves on seedlings 3

Stack Nodes

Stack Nodes

I'd throw them back in there and when they're a little more established try pulling them out again. Seedlings need high rh to thrive and establish roots get on you tube search nvclosetmedgrowers video on seedlings....ik a few who have found it to be helpful

T

TripC

Agree 100% with Stack. Those babies are nowhere near ready to be un-domed (yes, I know that's probably not a word but you get the point). They're very, very young and need high humidity to thrive. Leave dome on for another week minimum (last few days crack the vent more and more to get it used to a more natural environment so it survives and grows in the days after removal). I've watched nvclosetmedgrower's complete grow series. I remember it being 7 parts - separate videos. They're very helpful for the beginner grower. I'd highly recommend watching them too. Good luck.

Edit: spray daily with water to the top of the rockwool cubes and spray the inside of the dome a bit too to keep humidity high.

ArmedGeek

ArmedGeek

Thanks for the info, i'll check out his videos and watch the series. I added a little water to each and closed the dome back. It seems under watering can cause drooping leaves also. I experienced my first freak out worried about the girls. I'm sure many more are to come.

T

TripC

That should make them bounce back. No worries. Keep an eye on them and let us know how they're doing soon. Cheers.

Top Bottom