Drooping Leaves

• Thread starter JayJaySkunk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JayJaySkunk

JayJaySkunk

Greetings fellow farmers. I've got an issue with drooping leaves and I'm hoping to get some advice from you guys. The strain is San Diego Cat Piss ×Stardawg from Greenpoint Seed Co. She was grown 12/12 from seed and is about 1 1/2 weeks into flower. She is getting plenty of the correct spectrum of light, about 20,000 lumens cfl (2700k). Plenty of fresh air, not over watered or under watered, she's not root-bound. The container is only 1 gallon but I have a 3 gallon smartpot ready to go. Some of the bottom leaves are starting to turn slightly yellow also. This is an organic grow by the way. She's in a really good soil so the nutes have been kept at a minimum. Last night she got hit with a really good compost tea ( Supre Myco Tea, Kelp Blast, Simply Silica, Supre Kelp, and Budcharge) all from Supreme Growers. The tea was mixed in the ratios suggested on the Supreme Growers grow chart. She has also got EWC and a little fossilized seabird guano 0-9-0 and some Cornacopia Plus Bloom and Cornacopia Plus Necessary Plant Energy (tricarboxylic acid) The leaves are very very droopy and I really can't figure out why. I would like to transplant her into the smartpot but Ive read it's not a good idea to transplant if the root ball isn't fully developed and I don't want to stress her out more then she apparently already is. I will add some pics later, she is in the dark right now. One thing I can say about this strain is it smells incredible. It also has some great branching. Any and all advice is welcome and would be very much appreciated. Thanks.

JayJaySkunk

JayJaySkunk

Greetings fellow farmers. I've got an issue with drooping leaves and I'm hoping to get some advice from you guys. The strain is San Diego Cat Piss ×Stardawg from Greenpoint Seed Co. She was grown 12/12 from seed and is about 1 1/2 weeks into flower. She is getting plenty of the correct spectrum of light, about 20,000 lumens cfl (2700k). Plenty of fresh air, not over watered or under watered, she's not root-bound. The container is only 1 gallon but I have a 3 gallon smartpot ready to go. Some of the bottom leaves are starting to turn slightly yellow also. This is an organic grow by the way. She's in a really good soil so the nutes have been kept at a minimum. Last night she got hit with a really good compost tea ( Supre Myco Tea, Kelp Blast, Simply Silica, Supre Kelp, and Budcharge) all from Supreme Growers. The tea was mixed in the ratios suggested on the Supreme Growers grow chart. She has also got EWC and a little fossilized seabird guano 0-9-0 and some Cornacopia Plus Bloom and Cornacopia Plus Necessary Plant Energy (tricarboxylic acid) The leaves are very very droopy and I really can't figure out why. I would like to transplant her into the smartpot but Ive read it's not a good idea to transplant if the root ball isn't fully developed and I don't want to stress her out more then she apparently already is. I will add some pics later, she is in the dark right now. One thing I can say about this strain is it smells incredible. It also has some great branching. Any and all advice is welcome and would be very much appreciated. Thanks.

D

DANKSY

Premium Member
Supporter
How long the light been on ? Sometimes my girls droop towards the end of the light cycle... Kinda like they are tired from growing all day... The perk back up in the am tho..

JayJaySkunk

JayJaySkunk

They are continuously drooping. Before, during, and after light cycle. They got a reall good tea last night when the lights came on and I was hoping that would perk em up but no go.

Toaster79

Toaster79

Did you weigh your pots before feed. This sounds like overwatering to me. Did you also check for pests. How often are you feeding? Did you start hiting her with all that stuff you gave her at once or did you cycle through those aditives? What are the temps and rh with lights on/off?

Keep it green!

JayJaySkunk

JayJaySkunk

Did you weigh your pots before feed. This sounds like overwatering to me. Did you also check for pests. How often are you feeding? Did you start hiting her with all that stuff you gave her at once or did you cycle through those aditives? What are the temps and rh with lights on/off?

Keep it green!
I only water when the pot feels very light, the lift pot method I guess you'd call it. Only gave her water during veg and she's only been fed once in flower and given a compost tea once. No pests that I can see. Lights off my temps are about 66 and lights on about 78. RH is 35%

JayJaySkunk

JayJaySkunk

I only water when the pot feels very light, the lift pot method I guess you'd call it. Only gave her water during veg and she's only been fed once in flower and given a compost tea once. No pests that I can see. Lights off my temps are about 66 and lights on about 78. RH is 35%
I need to retract that lol. She did get EWC as a topfeed once in Veg and a VERY light topfeed of the seabird guano when she showed her preflowers. The additives in the tea where all given at once though but that was last night and the drooping has been going on for about a week and a half. Im really tempted to repot into the smartpot. Im thinking maybe root rot?

Toaster79

Toaster79

I'd say you overdid your additives. Imagine yourself starved after five days in desert than suddenly someone stuffs a turkey in your mouth.

Flush her and start again little by little.

Keep it green!

JayJaySkunk

JayJaySkunk

I'd say you overdid your additives. Imagine yourself starved after five days in desert than suddenly someone stuffs a turkey in your mouth.

Flush her and start again little by little.

Keep it green!
Thanks Toaster. The additives had little to no NPK value. Microbes and more microbes with a little silica. I will use your suggestion and give her a good flush but I know it wasn't the additives because those were only added last night and the drooping has been going on about a week and a half.

Toaster79

Toaster79

Well let's see a photo of her first before you act and do something stupid after reading a stupid advice and let some experienced growers chime in. She might also be really hungry if she's a greedy type of girl.

Toaster79

Toaster79

How about those lower yellowing leaves?
She does look a little droopy but will have to see some more of her.

JayJaySkunk

JayJaySkunk

20150218 190949

How about those lower yellowing leaves?
She does look a little droopy but will have to see some more of her.
She has actually perked up alot from what it was. I think the compost tea helped. I'm not to worried about the couple of yellowing leaves. I've seen deficiencies before where the yellowing happens fairly quickly but thats not the case with this girl. Like I said in a previous post she hasn't been fed much at all. Now that she's flowering I think I have a pretty good feeding schedule and that accompanied with the stuff from Supreme Growers that I just recieved yesterday should get things flowering nicely. She does look quite a bit better then just 12 hours ago so I'm pretty optimistic that she's recovering from whatever was wrong. I'm going to hold off on the transplant and might not transplant her at all.
20150218 190949
20150218 190949
/ATTACH]

Toaster79

Toaster79

I wouldn't transplant her either. That could set you back another week and she's not doing to good at the moment either. So you could be loosing two weeks which would generously affect yield.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Can you post pix? It sounds like she's just not getting enough feed. The drooping could be overwatering, or it could be VPD (vapor pressure deficit).

PLOOKERKING

PLOOKERKING

Rick sold me that damn carb cornicopia plus in 2008. I told him i wasnt impressed as my macro nutes i recieve from the vermicompost pile has worked wonders. When he first came out and gave me the cornacopia sample bottle i asked everyone i knew about the tricarb in the bottle noone had feedback. Do you think the tricarb stuff may be the issue jay?

JayJaySkunk

JayJaySkunk

The Tricarboxylic acid is basically just citric acid. Anyways, I think my girl was just a little hungry. Gave her a really good tea mixture I got from Supreme Growers and she bounced right back. I'm a little amazed about how quickly she perked up. A little tidbit I found out about the other day that I'm none to impressed with, speaking with Rick he let it slip that the Cornacopia Plus nutes have an anti-microbial component in them. When I first started using the line of nutes Rick told me they work amazing in conjunction with organics. I'm a little pissed. Anti-microbial and organics definitely don't work in conjunction with each other. I think maybe this is something they should be telling customers before they use those nutes and kill off the beneficial bacteria in their rhizosphere. Anyway, the little lady is back on track and with a little luck and some diligent work she'll stay that way.

Top Bottom