Drooping plants need help please!

• Thread starter GowerX616
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GowerX616

GowerX616

Having some issues with my ladies. Doesn't matter what I do they are always drooping. I water every 4 days with Atleast 10% runoff.. ( watering due in about 2 days) They are in 2 gallon pots with happy frog soil. These girls are roughly 5wks old in veg, No nutes yet I'm keen on waiting until the first set of true leaves show some yellowing. Temps are around 69-72 degrees depending on time of day. RH is at 60%+ give or take for proper vpd. My ppfd is around 360 with the light at about 2.5ft above the canopy. My DLI is on the lower end at 20.. I normally run an 18/6 light cycle but just recently switched to 16/8 based solely on the plants severely drooping before the light went off. imo i figured the plants were getting too much light and are shielding its leaves from it. But after making adjustments with the light an so forth an not seeing any changes im at a loss... I am using a spider farmer sf4000 At about 15-20% on the dial. I did notice a fungus gnat a few days ago that I killed and haven't seen anymore. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks growmies !

Drooping plants need help please

BryanOconner

BryanOconner

Wondering why you did not plant them in the middle of the pot ? Or is it the pic throwing me off ?
Its hard to water properly not centered .
I think your watering improperly . Are you adding a bit of water every time instead of watering it all ?
Pic up the pot in your hands . Is the pot heavy or light ? I think its possible the water is not getting deep into the pot
And you had bugs in soil says you water too often its always wet never dries up
2 gallon pots are small . Need 3 min. Re pot them into 3 gallon . And add a half gallon of water every watering . Next time you water put your finger into the soil a inch deep if its moist do not water . When it get dry a inch deep add a half gallon of water . This is the proper way may fix your issue
If you must keep the 2 gallon pots veg only 1 foot tall max no bigger you will be root bound .
And 2 gallon pot will say just less then half gallon of water as i said above .
But plants off center are a nightmare to water . Water will go down the sides of the pot to the floor instead of inside the soil

GowerX616

GowerX616

Plants are off center for LST. They are bent to one side. As for watering I water every 4 days. When I do water pots are dry an light as air. I water slow to make sure the pot is saturated correctly. I use a 1 gallon watering pot between both plants they only use the 1 gallon if not just shy of it. There has to be something else going on. These girls came from red solo cups to 2 gallons imo they are not even close to being ready for a transplant at just 5wks old from seed. I go from solo cups - 2gallon - 5 gallon final pot. I veg for 9 weeks or more i like to grow monsters man.

(Previous grow before I switched to bloom) this is my 4x3 tent
IMG 20230528 083759

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Temps are around 69-72 degrees depending on time of day.
That's too cold for cannabis. Bump the temperature up to 78 to 80 F when the lights are on. My first guess is the temperature is causing your problem.

I normally run an 18/6 light cycle but just recently switched to 16/8
Go back to 18/6.

I am using a spider farmer sf4000 At about 15-20% on the dial.
You can probably increase the light. Do it slowly over several days. Watch the plants for light stress and back off the light if you see it.

I did notice a fungus gnat a few days ago that I killed and haven't seen anymore.
You're using Happy Frog, so you're likely to see more. They like soil with wood chips and tend to hatch after watering. You'll see many discussions about fungus gnats.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
No nutes yet I'm keen on waiting until the first set of true leaves show some yellowing.
Happy Frog is low in nutrients, so I'd start feeding them. Yellowing of lower leaves often means the plant is taking mobile nutrients from the lower leaves. Start at a low dose to see how the plants react. I suspect they'll like it.

They are bent to one side. As for watering I water every 4 days. When I do water pots are dry an light as air. I water slow to make sure the pot is saturated correctly. I use a 1 gallon watering pot between both plants they only use the 1 gallon if not just shy of it.
Sounds good to me, except I don't recommend watering on a fixed schedule. Lift the pots or use a soil moisture meter to decide when to water. Their need for watering will change as they grow and mature.

GowerX616

GowerX616

Appreciate the advice everyone. I will push the watering days out a few more from 4 to possibly 5-6. Within the next few watering or so I expected to start adding some nutes. I'll post back with results.

Top Bottom