Droopy angry and just not happy

• Thread starter Foster823
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Foster823

Foster823

my pink kush just not right. I always check the weight of my plants before I watered them. This always drooping. I’ll give some water and perks back up for a little bit and right back to droopy. I’ve done a transplant thinking it might be root bound. I’ve checked my pH in soil it’s 6.4. I’ve adjusted my light down to 75% at 18 inches. My humidity been upper 40s and the temps have been upper 70s. I started and happy frog soil with nature, living soil.. I’m just not sure what else I can do. I don’t know what else to do from here. I don’t want to keep adding water. The pot is extremely heavy right now. I’m trying to avoid a flush cause I’m not sure the issue. Does anyone have any ideas that may help? i’ve included photos from last Sunday when I did the transplant to
Droopy angry and just not happy 8

Droopy angry and just not happy
Droopy angry and just not happy 2
Droopy angry and just not happy 3
Droopy angry and just not happy 4
Droopy angry and just not happy 5
Droopy angry and just not happy 6
Droopy angry and just not happy 7
Droopy angry and just not happy 9
Choppr

Choppr

I see nobody has touched this....Over-watering is oxygen starvation - no oxygen in the rhizo - in soil your basically fucked. (i do see some leaves at the very tops still growing so she is getting some oxygen, but its minimal)

she's not happy! You have 2 choices wait it out(10+ days without water-back off to low light). If she stays like this I would worry about her just dying from lack of Oxygen, the other issue is you've created a perfect anerobic environ for pathogens to thrive.(namely, pythium, phytophthora, botrytis - rootrot) I would say you need to do an emergency transplant. Is it warm outside where you live? Fill a wheelbarrow(a bed sheet/shower curtain, larger tub) with dry soil (coco would be better if you have it?) pull her out of her pot drop her in the bed of dry soil/coco. (coco would wick that soil dry faster) when you drop her in the dry soil her soil may split open?, just let it happen...
leave her alone, she'll probably bounce back....?

My advice going forward is to get out of soil, start growing in Coco/Perlite. There are many who grow in coco and treat it just like soil, build your Coco 50/50 coco/#3 (or #4) perlite, fast draining fast drying lots of oxygen and hard to over-water! If you need tips/tricks with Growing in Coco/how to build your coco is important! DM me -
good luck!

M

Mikedensman4

I see nobody has touched this....Over-watering is oxygen starvation - no oxygen in the rhizo - in soil your basically fucked. (i do see some leaves at the very tops still growing so she is getting some oxygen, but its minimal)

she's not happy! You have 2 choices wait it out(10+ days without water-back off to low light). If she stays like this I would worry about her just dying from lack of Oxygen, the other issue is you've created a perfect anerobic environ for pathogens to thrive.(namely, pythium, phytophthora, botrytis - rootrot) I would say you need to do an emergency transplant. Is it warm outside where you live? Fill a wheelbarrow(a bed sheet/shower curtain, larger tub) with dry soil (coco would be better if you have it?) pull her out of her pot drop her in the bed of dry soil/coco. (coco would wick that soil dry faster) when you drop her in the dry soil her soil may split open?, just let it happen...
leave her alone, she'll probably bounce back....?

My advice going forward is to get out of soil, start growing in Coco/Perlite. There are many who grow in coco and treat it just like soil, build your Coco 50/50 coco/#3 (or #4) perlite, fast draining fast drying lots of oxygen and hard to over-water! If you need tips/tricks with Growing in Coco/how to build your coco is important! DM me -
good luck!
Stop water before they drown if pot is heavy stop. Wait until pot is very light then add a little water

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
I’m just not sure what else I can do. I don’t know what else to do from here. I don’t want to keep adding water. The pot is extremely heavy right now. I’m trying to avoid a flush cause I’m not sure the issue. Does anyone have any ideas that may help? i’ve included photos from last Sunday when I did the transplant to
I agree with the other posters about it being a watering problem. I suspect compacted soil may also be an issue. The need is to dry the soil. The plants should recover as the soil dries. It's hard to estimate how long it will take to dry, but I'd guess about a week. Pointing fans at the pots can help, but turn the pots occasionally so the soil dries evenly. It also might help to turn the lights down more or move them up higher.

Top Bottom