Droopy Clones

• Thread starter BlackBriar7
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BlackBriar7

BlackBriar7

Hello,

I cut a few clones about 11 days ago and have had them in the basement under a dome with a light on them. I've been putting them outside for a little the last few days trying to harden them off, but whenever I put them outside they start to droop like in the pictures below. A few of them are standing but as you can see most of them are droopy.

Whenever I bring them back inside, I mist them a bit and within a few hours, they've perked back up again.

I've read, you aren't supposed to put them in direct sunlight and today is a pretty overcast day with lower temps.

Any thoughts or suggestions? I'm kind of tempted just to transplant them and stick them outside to adapt.

Thanks

Droopy clones
Droopy clones 2

bellumromanum

bellumromanum

Hello,

I cut a few clones about 11 days ago and have had them in the basement under a dome with a light on them. I've been putting them outside for a little the last few days trying to harden them off, but whenever I put them outside they start to droop like in the pictures below. A few of them are standing but as you can see most of them are droopy.

Whenever I bring them back inside, I mist them a bit and within a few hours, they've perked back up again.

I've read, you aren't supposed to put them in direct sunlight and today is a pretty overcast day with lower temps.

Any thoughts or suggestions? I'm kind of tempted just to transplant them and stick them outside to adapt.

Thanks

View attachment 996718View attachment 996719
Not sure what the drooping is about (might be too much light for them) but if you're not planning on growing outdoors you might wanna reconsider moving them inside and outside like that. Hard to control pests

FourthCity

FourthCity

They do not yet have the root system to support the excess light, increased airflow, and lack of humidity outside. I think you are just asking them to do too much too quickly. Keep them inside until they have well established roots and have several new nodes of growth, they need to mature and harden some indoors before they will be able to handle the outdoors.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Agree with @FourthCity they are not established enough to harden off. They are still under stress. Thu UV from sunlight will push em a bit to hard. They are not like seeds that start off with tiny leaves that don't capture much light and a root system.

Anthem

Anthem

If your dome has vents are the top at like day 5, open the vents about half way and start harden them off in this manner. I usually open the vents a little each day. By day 10 they are fully open. I also pull them out and take the dome off for a few minutes after about 4 or 5 days, inside but under indirect sunlight. I start off at 10 minutes with the dome off and I increase 3 minutes a day until they are hardened off.

Top Bottom