Droopy leaves after new light

• Thread starter R0b3rt32
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Reklax

Reklax

Bring your light down to a quarter the power and lower it to about 18 inches and you should hit between 400 and 600 ppfd depending on efficiency. Raise the light and increase intensity as the plant grows. Try to let the plant dry a fair bit before the next watering and get some humidity in there if you can, it’s not a huge deal but plant will be happier.

R0b3rt32

R0b3rt32

Do you have a light meter to measure the Lux and PAR at the top of the plants? I bet it is high. You can download to a IPhone or Android device. Right now you are guessing where that light should be and those plants don’t like it.

I wouldn’t be above 20000 Lux or 400 PAR with them at this point.
Hey just wanted to thank you for that advice. Plants are perking right up now!

5D1B5DF9 3F90 4697 82C0 BC81ACDC1D55
5AE46F5E BF06 49B9 8CEF D8E35886B51E
49E436A8 FD10 4ED5 8018 0EEB895F33C6
8CD75E29 0CE3 4760 B66F 62CD60432C28
freezeland2

freezeland2

Happy for you. The plants are looking much better. Do a little google research on required light intensity for the various stages of your plants growth. Careful not to over water or over fertilize as others have said. You’ll be at the finish line with some nice bud before you know it.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Happy for you. The plants are looking much better. Do a little google research on required light intensity for the various stages of your plants growth. Careful not to over water or over fertilize as others have said. You’ll be at the finish line with some nice bud before you know it.
+1

euphoria526

euphoria526

Or contact the manufacturer and ask them, I mean they made it. Unless they redirect you to one of their pre made PAR illustrations and give you actual distance and numbers, it’s worth a shot! I did they and got an ideal distance and dim setting and it has worked out pretty good for me so far

freezeland2

freezeland2

Or contact the manufacturer and ask them, I mean they made it. Unless they redirect you to one of their pre made PAR illustrations and give you actual distance and numbers, it’s worth a shot! I did they and got an ideal distance and dim setting and it has worked out pretty good for me so far

Yes that works too but a light meter in your hand and the plants before you are the better gauge to use when setting your light.

Jaydubbz2108

Jaydubbz2108

You can download a light meter app from the App Store. I edited my post above. For those size plants and intro a new light I’d keep the insensitivity at 15000 - 20000 Lux, and closer to the 15000. For the PAR I wouldn’t be above 400. Those plants are trying to get away from all that light you got blasting them right now. A light meter will tell you.
You got name of best app to use on Android??

Panhead59

Panhead59

Yeah, android version avail. For free. App store. That's what u need instead of guessing. Plus u say u just topped 'em. U hit them with 2 major changes close together., a big no no.

Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

I use Photone. Pretty sure there is an Android version.
Yeah that was the first one I found when I started my first grow, it's an absolute life saver. Once I got the diffuser sorted on top it works beautifully. I'm not fooling myself it's the equivalent of an expensive lux meter but on iPhone 12 is leveraging pretty good tech.
I'm using this chart I found from a greenhouse grower which he gave as a recommendation for light schedule. I'm at end of first week of full veg and just hit 25 DLI. Plants seem to be responding well so far.

DFAC1298 8152 465B 8975 ED78944F6C3B
Panhead59

Panhead59

App is called light meter. Yellow square with light bulb in middle. Computer illiterate, so i don't know how to send link. Sorry

Panhead59

Panhead59

App is called light meter. Yellow square with light bulb in middle. Computer illiterate, so i don't know how to send link. Sorry
Once u download it, open it. Put phone face up at top of plant. It'll give reading. Move phone around and you'll see the "footprint " of light. Pretty niffty.

W

Willisbrow

What did u do to get ur plants happy again? I’m having similar problems. I think my light is to bright.

J

Jacktheripper

So did they have a light before? And what air flow and Temps do they experience? Day and night Temps.
I'm gonna tell u what I did. I had same problem so just to rule out issues. I put my2week old seedlings under a 175watt.metal halide plants all perked up it was a miracle so what was the problem light intensity turn that down to 50percent and I'm betting u will be good or your led light is no good

Latest posts

Top Bottom