Droopy leaves from the heat?

• Thread starter AndyBoi
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
AirHammer

AirHammer

If it were me and I was stuck using those black plastic disaster pots I would dig pits to sink them away from the sun, then loosely pack some peat moss around them.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

If you put a time lapse camera on her you can watch her drink and the leaves can recover in maybe a half an hour if this is the only issue. Aqua man has a video here somewhere that shows the plant recover in like 8 minutes, not even time lapse, in front of your eyes.
2 min lol

G

Greenthumb58

Soil is a mix of coco perlite potting soil. 40/20/40 kinda ratio.

I feed general hydroponics when the pot is light to carry. Run off and feed around 6.5PH

This plant stays outside 24/7 there has been no rain in the past 3 weeks im confident it is not overwatered.

There has been some high heat days recently, around 35 celcius/ 95 fahrenheit. The plant would look really droopy after a hot day but would recover and return to perky over night.

My plant has looked droopy now for 36 hours and im not sure why.

Most recent feeding was at the end of a hot day. It was droopy but perked up overnight. The next evening it started to droop and has not recovered.

Photos are of same plant 2 days apart.

Anything helps.

Much thanks
I also have heat issues and I'm 2 too 3 gal a day as well, a thought if your pot gets really hot that might have the roots overly warm really new to growing, most of what I see here is way above my abilities

AirHammer

AirHammer

9 out of 10 times they will recover immediately upon watering that itself isn't a major issue. its the stress you wanna avoid if it happens regular.

remember happy girls are producing girls.

Thumbuddy

Thumbuddy

I feed general hydroponics when the pot is light to carry. Run off and feed around 6.5PH

This plant stays outside 24/7 there has been no rain in the past 3 weeks im confident it is not overwatered.

There has been some high heat days recently, around 35 celcius/ 95 fahrenheit. The plant would look really droopy after a hot day but would recover and return to perky over night.

Most recent feeding was at the end of a hot day. It was droopy but perked up overnight. The next evening it started to droop and has not recovered.

Anything helps.

Much thanks sure you figured it out but as was stated. Your girls are thirsty. Especially being in black plastic pots,they will get beat up in the heat. Mine are in 15 gal smart pots and they're usually parched within 24-48 hrs depending on heat and sun. I'm up in the thumb by the lake and even we've been hit hard lately with heat and drought. I just Give em a good ol soaking and don't over think em is my philosophy 😁 good luck

M

MartianMan999

Anything helps.

Much thanks
Yo I’m not a pro far far from it but my plant looks like yours but less bushy (mine is less) but this heatwave took my waters from every 3 to 2 times a day. Just be careful - she NEEDS water.

AirHammer

AirHammer

Needs LOTS more water during heat waves. I’ve got two in 15-gallon pots (a bit bigger than yours) and each is getting 2-3 gallons per day. Yours could easily take 1-2 gallons per day. FYI…during prolonged periods of heat, skip the normal rules of “let it go dry” before watering and keep her happy. I also started covering the soil with foil insulation to keep heat off soil.
how far apart were the pics taken?

I am curious if the excessive heat caused them to "stretch" up like that. the difference is dramatic. or are then entering flowering phase?

when it gets crazy hot out It wouldn't hurt to move them out of the sun at peak hours.

on an entirely other note. I would keep an eye on them for signs of root stress caused by running out of space in the pot.

the best time to transplant is before flowering fully takes off. that way less stress and less slowing them down.

they are fairly sturdy looking fair size plants, and will be demanding a lot of nutrients in coming the weeks. that little pale probably wont cut it.

EDIT

apology nashoba, I mixed your plant up with the other user's plant.

at any rate the point was, the pot may be too small to support your plant sooner than later.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom