Droopy leaves need help

• Thread starter Blowedaway
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Blowedaway

I have some droopy leaves going on 2 weeks. Purple stems, and seems like dehydrated leaves.

Last night watered with some tea and RO water after adding the tea ph was about 6.1 no ph up or down
Also foliar sprayed magic green at 5 ml per gallon to give them a little help

They have not been over or under watered. Maybe a little under fed 300-450 ppm .7 conv

Heavy 16 veg
Promix BX run off 5.8
Geopots
It seemed to happen after transplant with new geo lites and promix bx
Need some help

Have looked for RA and cant find any, no flying anything in the room

Under 100x scope can see little tiny small clear looking eggs but i am assuming they are resin glands or something because i can not see any dots on them at 100x
i could be wrong

Droopy leaves need help 2
Droopy leaves need help 3
Droopy leaves need help 4
Droopy leaves need help 5
Droopy leaves need help 6
Droopy leaves need help 7
Droopy leaves need help 8
Droopy leaves need help

Last edited:
stickyfing3rs

stickyfing3rs

looks over watered to me, also possibly a lockout. are all of your plants showing the same problems?

B

Blowedaway

pretty much all of them are starting to look ugly like this, pots are light when i water and have been doing this same deal for a few years, first time using heavy 16 in veg though

B

Blowedaway

latley about 5-7 days, normally 3-4 days, they seem to be drinking slower. it is getting colder

stickyfing3rs

stickyfing3rs

hmm, doesn't seem TOO frequent unless you don't have good drainage. hopefully someone else will chime in for ya. I gotta admit soil is my weak point, I'm a hydro guy.

B

Blowedaway

Bump

Could broad mites do this?
How do you verify 100 percent if so

ttystikk

ttystikk

Looks like a lockout to me, doesn't look like bugs. How to fix that in soil idk- that's why I went RDWC!

Best guess is calcium deficiency, which then restricts N uptake resulting in light color. Such a deficiency could be due to soil locking it up, nutrient lockout it insufficient source. Don't take my diagnosis as gospel however, like I said I do water.

Natural

Natural

Looks like you transplanted a bit too late. Some strains can get really fussy that way and lock out. Also, check your meter is reading right with calibration fluid.

B

Blowedaway

They just look so sad, i calibrated my ph meters last night.
I do see tiny clear balls with a 100x scope but cant see anything moving

Im hoping its lockout just not sure. Worrried

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

Whenever they get fussy like that its always hard to put your finger on what it is, since its prob more than one thing that has them lookin like that

A heavy flush, followed by a proper nutrient watering(7-800ppm) seem to usually kick start things.

Make sure you are watering properly, check temps, calibrate meters so on...

BrianDirt

BrianDirt

I don't see any lockout, no spots or anything, just some minor leaf twist. I know my plants hate it when I forget and water with water that was left out and got cold, they look like that too(same look as over watering to me). You did mention that its been cold and it does look like your on the cement, so I recomend putting the plants on something off the cold ground too. I tend to water with room temp or just warm, you like taking cold showers?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Temps & RH parameters..? Looks like VPD is off to me and I feel BrianDirt's response the most.

Funkstarfish

Funkstarfish

they look cold to me, and overwatered, which often happen together as lower temps lead to less bio activity. get your min temp at 70, get those ladies off the cement, and let them dry for a couple days assuming your are in soil.

newfarmer

newfarmer

Is the timer on your light set properly? I only ask because it just happened to me. Accidentally switched my timer from timer to ON and never flipped it back.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Mine started looking like that and I found my EC was too high. No lockout, but too strong in low RH conditions. I usually run higher RH, just have a pesky air leak I can't seem to track down.

This would seem to support the low temps throwing off VPD theory, unless I'm missing something?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Is the timer on your light set properly? I only ask because it just happened to me. Accidentally switched my timer from timer to ON and never flipped it back.
Gawd dammit! I HATE when I do that! I should say that when I flip it to ON it's not an accident, but when I forget to set it back to TIMER is. <facepalm> However, I've never seen results like what the OP has shown due to forgetting to turn the timer back to proper mode. I have, however, caused other things to happen. I don't wanna talk about it. :o

newfarmer

newfarmer

Yes I should say that it wasn't an accident when I switched it either... It just makes me feel better. LOL Of all the angels and bases I try to cover "I" Seem to be the largest liability to my plants so far!!

salmonslammer

salmonslammer

Ya from what i see it could possibly be partially caused by the cold cement floor there sitting on.have had friends deal with the same kind of problems and they elevated there pots and things turned around .an easy way to do this is get some trays and construction glue and just glue small pieces of wood ect under the trays all you need is an inch of space or so. Also a good vitamin b supplement would definitely help also with stress just my 2 cents :D

Latest posts

Top Bottom